Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 374. (Read 810079 times)

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Hey, im wondering if i can point a rented rig at Spread?

How would i go about doing this via solo mining?

Thanks

I think it would not be wise to do so, unless you can guarantee that the rig owner does not have access to rig while you are mining. Else, he can recover the private key you are using to mine and steal all your coins.

True, but couldn't i just send the coins to another wallet as soon as they are paid?

I need to find someone willing to configure their rigs to Spread.
if the rig owner is dishonest, you have a 50% chance of getting the coins before him.

But then if he is dishonest, he would rent you a fake rig in the first place. In the end, it's just a trust issue...
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Thanks

I think it would not be wise to do so, unless you can guarantee that the rig owner does not have access to rig while you are mining. Else, he can recover the private key you are using to mine and steal all your coins.

True, but couldn't i just send the coins to another wallet as soon as they are paid?

I need to find someone willing to configure their rigs to Spread.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!

Thanks

legendary

Thanks

AFAIK, first you would need to find a rig to rent that can mine the SpreadX11 algo - the algo is modified as the block structure is different, it's that difference that inhibits pooling. Then you might have issues with your wallet needing to be accessible on an IP:port that the miner can reach, I think.

Yep, I have opened a port, ready.

I think finding the Spreadx11 algo miner is going to be the tricky bit, but I will email a few rig owners and see if one of them can configure it to Spread for my duration.
legendary
Activity: 966

Thanks

AFAIK, first you would need to find a rig to rent that can mine the SpreadX11 algo - the algo is modified as the block structure is different, it's that difference that inhibits pooling. Then you might have issues with your wallet needing to be accessible on an IP:port that the miner can reach, I think.
legendary

Thanks
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I was about to say "Wow, how did you change the picture for people that quoted the old one?" But then I realised it uses the same URL. Heh, looks like you traveled into the future. Smiley   (Notice the time stamp)
I replaced logo in repository and started builds with the new logo. Then I went to OP to replace logo there but it was already replaced, this shocked me, for a moment I thought that our world was overrun by artificial intelligence that automatically fulfills our wishes Smiley After that I remembered that after first logo replacement I pointed it directly to github repo so that it can be automatically updated.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
We have a new logo (not made by me):

Splash screen is in process.

Next step is to make online block explorer and dns seed for automatic peer discovery, also a website is necessary. Don't expect all of this to happen instantly because I'm the only developer behind this coin and I work in my free time.

When all those infrastructure issues will be solved I will think about implementing some unique features for this coin. I have several sketchy ideas but I don't like to give promises that I wouldn't be able to fulfill, so I will not currently elaborate on them more until developing them in more details.

It's good that you're posting updates, without doing so, the coin will not attract any other miners. Also, some hints about features to be added in the future would be nice.

In the end, it will come down to have the coin listed on exchanges so that it can bring some profits to the miners.

Cheers!

---

I was about to say "Wow, how did you change the picture for people that quoted the old one?" But then I realised it uses the same URL. Heh, looks like you traveled into the future. Smiley   (Notice the time stamp)
legendary
Crypto since 2014
OMG, I just realised that I did my calculations wrong. I thought that I only had 0.03 BTC worth of spr but it turns out it was actually 0.3 btc worth! I'm so happy. For once I actually made a good decision in buying a coin.
legendary
Mr Spread, perhaps a change to the thread title to reflect your plans for Masternodes and Darksend might get some more traffic in here? Wink
yes, its a good marketing there are hundreds of darkfans
yeah,changing the thread title can attract more attention. Cheesy
Well, I want to have least some working prototype before such announcements.

Integrity like that will get you kicked out of cryptognat land!  Grin
Mr Spread, perhaps a change to the thread title to reflect your plans for Masternodes and Darksend might get some more traffic in here? Wink
Well, I want to have least some working prototype before such announcements.
For those who want to run miner with older AMD drivers but get "LLVM ERROR: Cannot select", I think I know the solution:
1. Install newer drivers.
2. Run miner once; it will compile necessary binaries.
3. Install older drivers.
4. Execute miner with the same parameters, it will now use previously compiled binary.

For R9 280X you can use binary compiled by me: http://spreadcoin.net/nonsite/spreadcoinTahitiglg2tc8192w256l4.bin
Just place it into the miner directory and use the following parameters
Code:
--thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 256
you can vary other parameters but these must be set to these specific values.

If others people will compile binaries for other GPUs then I can add them to the miner distribution and there will be no need to install newer drivers and compile them by yourself.
Activity: 126
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Received my 300 spr from the logo competition!

TxID: 9b72c1317888652d526a13ed68a541b462ce214981bfc42c2e91403d7a92c9ce

Thanks Mr. Spread
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Hey Mr Spread,

Sorry about not posting my address for the logo reward. I was on a holiday but I'm back now.

I will post my address soon. (When my computer turns on)

edit: SY9L1ZVYmWtgusH8zeMTFDiYPDZsu3CMAa

Phew, I almost forgot my wallet password.
legendary
Activity: 854
I will start working on integrating DarkCoin features: masternodes and darksend. I will not copy-paste them blindly, maybe I will make a few improvements if possible. After this we will test it on testnet to see how it is working. Once it is ready I will set a hardfork point and make new builds, I want to make this transition flawless. I understand that there is a lot of impatience, people want everything to happen instantly but I don't think we need a rush here.

Since masternodes and darksend work for DarkCoin I see no reason why it wouldn't work for SpreadCoin. If you have any suggestions about how masternodes/darksend can be made better you can say it.

I will leave the names Masternode and DarkSend as is, I don't see any reason to rename them.

Also I want to write a white paper about my changes and original DarkCoin features themselves, current DarkCoin white papers are either outdated or describe only part of the necessary information. I want my cryptocurrency to have a good description about what it is and how it works.

Sounds great.  Please keep us updated on your progress.  I suspect the more progress we see, the more the price of SPR is going to go up.

Please see this: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/roadmap-plans-for-the-next-release.3174/ if you haven't already.
Activity: 126
Someone wanna be a dear and dump into my allcrypt spread buy please and thank you Smiley
why don't you buy SPR on c-cex?? Huh
I think c-cex is better and bigger than allcrypt.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Someone wanna be a dear and dump into my allcrypt spread buy please and thank you Smiley
Jump to: