Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 398. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 157
Merit: 500
It's fixed now. Sorry again. I was too fussy about it. I cannot make spoiler for some reason, so I will just delete all my comment. It was about wrong balance.

Well personally i haven't ad any issue like yours on BetaShareX. Just happens sometimes the order for some markets freeze, but support team always solved very quickly.
As someone said it's still a new exchange and need some shaping and fixing yet but i think this is gonna be the next bittrex soon.

Maybe many of you are in crypto world only from few months and you maybe have never tried Cryptsy or poloniex, or coinedup in their first months of life...also those exchanges were so damn buggy and slow that betasharex is perfect in comparison...

And i would like to remember that betasharex is the first exhange who added and supported SPR ...
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
So, how exactly betasharex.com works. I cannot say it's a scam, but it's definitely has serious technical problems.

I had about 0.0110 BTC:

Than I make order (for 2499 sat). It appeared but not executed. So I try to cancel it. Pending. So I make new order with my remaining coins (for 1802 sat). This new order doesn't ever appear, just pending. Both orders was in pending state about 12 hours. Than I got totally 186.72 SPR from my first order:

and it's dissapear (I got about 0.000107 BTC back though:(2499-2314)sat*58) So I now have 0.00571889 BTC and 186.72 SPR:

But for 2499 sat I should be able to buy 212.48, not 186.72 SPR. So about 64k satoshis gone nowhere. It's not trading fee, it's like some sort of glitch.
sorry for broken english again

It's a new exchange , so I would expect bugs here and there, did you report them? There has been a few times trading has been frozen too.
I have confidence to see SPR to be listed on C-CEX this round. Cheesy
Activity: 127
Merit: 101
It's a new exchange , so I would expect bugs here and there, did you report them? There has been a few times trading has been frozen too.
Yeah, I just was biased after reading some russian FUDsters in old Mr. Spread post. And loss was so small that I didn't care to use support.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
So, how exactly betasharex.com works. I cannot say it's a scam, but it's definitely has serious technical problems.

I had about 0.0110 BTC:

Than I make order (for 2499 sat). It appeared but not executed. So I try to cancel it. Pending. So I make new order with my remaining coins (for 1802 sat). This new order doesn't ever appear, just pending. Both orders was in pending state about 12 hours. Than I got totally 186.72 SPR from my first order:

and it's dissapear (I got about 0.000107 BTC back though:(2499-2314)sat*58) So I now have 0.00571889 BTC and 186.72 SPR:

But for 2499 sat I should be able to buy 212.48, not 186.72 SPR. So about 64k satoshis gone nowhere. It's not trading fee, it's like some sort of glitch.
sorry for broken english again

Activity: 127
Merit: 101
It's fixed now. Sorry again. I was too fussy about it. I cannot make spoiler for some reason, so I will just delete all my comment. It was about wrong balance.
Activity: 245
Merit: 256
I see good future for SPR as the best CPU coin. When it will become true GPU coin I will quit Sad

I will quit too. No needs GPU. Just protect from botnets.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
Don't forget about giveaway:http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2knolx/spreadcoin_giveaway/
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

Rough draft still doing some work on it let me know what ya'll think and if i need to keep on or give it up.

Think it has potential, anyway to change the wording? not sure to what though.

to the many? or something to do with decentralization 'plura'
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
http://s4.postimg.org/o3nfbbadl/spreadcoin_logo_3d0000.jpg

Rough draft still doing some work on it let me know what ya'll think and if i need to keep on or give it up.
Activity: 210
I still have only two submissions for logo contest. Voting for logo will start at 21 November; this date will not be moved again.

I will again contact everyone who posted logos in this thread and ask them to choose the final variant(s) that they want to submit for contest. If you posted 10 logos in this thread (which is great) then don't expect me to choose the logo(s) that you want to send to contest for you (to submit logo to contest just PM me).
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
not sure how to post a photo so i put it on my facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=741618682573241&set=a.122054094529706.20710.100001753474184

not done with it yet this is just a rough draft
You can just upload it to http://postimage.org and then copy the direct download link then paste it like so;

Code:
[img]--COPIED URL---[/img]

E.g.
    Smiley
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
not sure how to post a photo so i put it on my facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=741618682573241&set=a.122054094529706.20710.100001753474184

not done with it yet this is just a rough draft
Activity: 210
can i make the greek translation?
Yes, we need translations, there is reward for that
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
im surprised more coins havent tried using spreadcoins "no pool" feature..its genius
Activity: 462
well, a small change might be something that requires huge amounts of memory, or even to use diskspace in order to be calculated, which makes the use of GPU so slow that CPU are still usable for mining. (take a look at the momentum algorithm used on protoshares, miners are only 2 or 3 times faster on GPU).
Requiring to use disc space is surely not a small change. Their whitepaper seems to be outdated, when reading it the first thing I thought was that you can use bloom filter to significantly reduce memory requirements. Some googling revealed that someone else already pointed to this and other vulnerabilities in the proposed scheme were found. They seem to fixed them to some extent but its not fast to find any definite information. This all will require time, I can't just copypaste some code into SpreadCoin without understanding it.

GPU miner is my priority now.

Bloom filter is actually slower than the currently used solutions, since false positives are quite costly. Some people have tried it already, and using a regular hashtable and ignoring collisions is way faster (up to twice as fast depending on the implementation). But still, due to the size of the search space (2^50) and the amount of data to be hashed (2^26), even bloom filters would use an amount of memory that would not fit in the local memory of  any GPU in the near future. So, even with a hashing data structure way more efficient than bloom filters (say, something twice as fast as the current implementation), we'd still have GPU and CPU mining ration bellow 5:1, which is quite acceptable. But then, momentum is not the only way to abuse the use of memory, there might be simpler ways to do so (preferably something that can be used with hashcash PoW, which makes for a much simpler transition). But then, i'm not the one deciding the priorities.
Yet, the fastest pts miner uses a kind of a bloom filter in LDS.
YES,YOU CAN!there is bounty for you. Grin
Activity: 280
Voting round finished. Winner is OrbitCoin with 324 votes! (0 BTC + 324 free).
we need to wait for the next round.
Well you could have said it was for the exchange and not the logo contest!
I almost had a heart attack. Smiley
don't worry ,we have a big chance to win the next round. Grin
Activity: 189
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Voting round finished. Winner is OrbitCoin with 324 votes! (0 BTC + 324 free).
we need to wait for the next round.
Well you could have said it was for the exchange and not the logo contest!
I almost had a heart attack. Smiley
Jump to: