Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 399. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Voting round finished. Winner is OrbitCoin with 324 votes! (0 BTC + 324 free).
we need to wait for the next round.
Activity: 636
Merit: 500
Looks like it would be possible to get around 500 kh/s out of amd r9 280x but I'm sure that by tuning some parameters you would be able to get more. Miner isn't ready yet, last missing piece is yet to be implemented, currently it generates invalid blocks. Will release it as soon as it is ready, probably 1-2 days.

Does anyone know how long it is until we start voting for logos?
In fact voting was supposed to start today. But there are just two submissions even though I contacted everyone who was posting logos in this thread, maybe I didn't make it clear that voting should start today and people think that there is more time.

I really need to sleep now, I was working on this miner for many hours today (and not only today), will decide tomorrow what to do with this situation, probably we should give people some more time to submit logos.

You are doing a great job. I was hoping for a pure cpu coin but if you have to go gpu then I understand.
Activity: 122
Looks like it would be possible to get around 500 kh/s out of amd r9 280x but I'm sure that by tuning some parameters you would be able to get more. Miner isn't ready yet, last missing piece is yet to be implemented, currently it generates invalid blocks. Will release it as soon as it is ready, probably 1-2 days.

In fact voting was supposed to start today. But there are just two submissions even though I contacted everyone who was posting logos in this thread, maybe I didn't make it clear that voting should start today and people think that there is more time.

I really need to sleep now, I was working on this miner for many hours today (and not only today), will decide tomorrow what to do with this situation, probably we should give people some more time to submit logos.
Great news,I'll keep mining with AMD miner as soon as it released. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Maybe you should let the voting start now and if people send you their submissions then you can add them in.
Activity: 210

legendary
Crypto since 2014
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
Now we on 2 place on C-CEX. Just sent my last satoshis.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Guys, could you send some BTC to voting address for SpreadCoin?(https://c-cex.com/?id=vote) 0.181 and we will win the voting.

Come on  guys. Only 81 votes left. Please open your wallets a little bit and  vote with your coins...

Guys, could you send some BTC to voting address for SpreadCoin?(https://c-cex.com/?id=vote) 0.181 and we will win the voting.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Here's a splash screen I made;

legendary
well, a small change might be something that requires huge amounts of memory, or even to use diskspace in order to be calculated, which makes the use of GPU so slow that CPU are still usable for mining. (take a look at the momentum algorithm used on protoshares, miners are only 2 or 3 times faster on GPU).
Requiring to use disc space is surely not a small change. Their whitepaper seems to be outdated, when reading it the first thing I thought was that you can use bloom filter to significantly reduce memory requirements. Some googling revealed that someone else already pointed to this and other vulnerabilities in the proposed scheme were found. They seem to fixed them to some extent but its not fast to find any definite information. This all will require time, I can't just copypaste some code into SpreadCoin without understanding it.

GPU miner is my priority now.

Bloom filter is actually slower than the currently used solutions, since false positives are quite costly. Some people have tried it already, and using a regular hashtable and ignoring collisions is way faster (up to twice as fast depending on the implementation). But still, due to the size of the search space (2^50) and the amount of data to be hashed (2^26), even bloom filters would use an amount of memory that would not fit in the local memory of  any GPU in the near future. So, even with a hashing data structure way more efficient than bloom filters (say, something twice as fast as the current implementation), we'd still have GPU and CPU mining ration bellow 5:1, which is quite acceptable. But then, momentum is not the only way to abuse the use of memory, there might be simpler ways to do so (preferably something that can be used with hashcash PoW, which makes for a much simpler transition). But then, i'm not the one deciding the priorities.
legendary
In fact, I also think, it would be better if SPR was CPU only coin. But it is absolutely not trivial to design algorithm, which will perform well on CPU and contrarily on GPU.
In the meantime, it is really necessary  to keap pace with "secret" GPU miners, to make powers equal and fair.

Then it's vulnerable to botnets.

Botnets prefer using pools/mines. SPR is quite secure from that - you need the whole blockchain downloaded and wallet started. Probably this is why currently there are no SPR botnets while SPR has a good price at the exchange.

I see good future for SPR as the best CPU coin. When it will become true GPU coin I will quit Sad
Well, modern computers have couple of free gigabytes of free space on their hard drives. I don't think blockchain is a big issue for botnets.

It is because it is easily detected. Botnets need to keep a Low footprint or they wont survive long.
Activity: 221
In fact, I also think, it would be better if SPR was CPU only coin. But it is absolutely not trivial to design algorithm, which will perform well on CPU and contrarily on GPU.
In the meantime, it is really necessary  to keap pace with "secret" GPU miners, to make powers equal and fair.

Botnets prefer using pools/mines. SPR is quite secure from that - you need the whole blockchain downloaded and wallet started. Probably this is why currently there are no SPR botnets while SPR has a good price at the exchange.

I see good future for SPR as the best CPU coin. When it will become true GPU coin I will quit Sad
Well, modern computers have couple of free gigabytes of free space on their hard drives. I don't think blockchain is a big issue for botnets.

Agree. But I didn't write that it's a big issue but... botnets prefer small standalone miners. So blockchain and the whole wallet is not a big issue but it some kind of issue.
Other method of securing coin form botnets is when 32bit miners are much slower than 64bit miners what could depend on the coin algo. Of course it is't a big issue for botnets but again - it is some kind of issue.
The same than securing car from theft  - any car could be stolen but introduce many small issues (security methods/equipment) and it is much harder to steal, and sometimet even not worth it.

Activity: 123
well, a small change might be something that requires huge amounts of memory, or even to use diskspace in order to be calculated, which makes the use of GPU so slow that CPU are still usable for mining. (take a look at the momentum algorithm used on protoshares, miners are only 2 or 3 times faster on GPU).
Requiring to use disc space is surely not a small change. Their whitepaper seems to be outdated, when reading it the first thing I thought was that you can use bloom filter to significantly reduce memory requirements. Some googling revealed that someone else already pointed to this and other vulnerabilities in the proposed scheme were found. They seem to fixed them to some extent but its not fast to find any definite information. This all will require time, I can't just copypaste some code into SpreadCoin without understanding it.

GPU miner is my priority now.
yes,I support you to develop AMD miner as the your top priority now.
Activity: 221

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
maybe stop this designer race about logo ? there were two very nice things, especially at start
maybe let's point mental power to other more important things ?
Jump to: