Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 400. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
well, a small change might be something that requires huge amounts of memory, or even to use diskspace in order to be calculated, which makes the use of GPU so slow that CPU are still usable for mining. (take a look at the momentum algorithm used on protoshares, miners are only 2 or 3 times faster on GPU).
Requiring to use disc space is surely not a small change. Their whitepaper seems to be outdated, when reading it the first thing I thought was that you can use bloom filter to significantly reduce memory requirements. Some googling revealed that someone else already pointed to this and other vulnerabilities in the proposed scheme were found. They seem to fixed them to some extent but its not fast to find any definite information. This all will require time, I can't just copypaste some code into SpreadCoin without understanding it.

GPU miner is my priority now.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I will send this message to everyone who posted logos in this thread.

You need to submit logo (or several logos if you want) before the end of this week. You can PM me or post it in this thread with a clear statement that this is the final variant of your logo. Your logo must be 512x512 png with alpha channel.

According to the rules it is also necessary to submit additional images. Almost no one makes these additional images so I will allow everyone to participate even without them but submitting them is a plus. You can also choose to use original images if your logo is using the same color scheme.
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and make the additional images.
But before I do, which logo of the above 2 do you like the most? (I'm asking everyone)
I will send this message to everyone who posted logos in this thread.

You need to submit logo (or several logos if you want) before the end of this week. You can PM me or post it in this thread with a clear statement that this is the final variant of your logo. Your logo must be 512x512 png with alpha channel.

According to the rules it is also necessary to submit additional images. Almost no one makes these additional images so I will allow everyone to participate even without them but submitting them is a plus. You can also choose to use original images if your logo is using the same color scheme.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Heres Mine so far; (I'll update this post as I go along finding the links the pictures)

This one's glow symbolises the decentralised spread of the coins.

Variation 1

Variation 2

Please comment on which one you like the best so I can make the additional images.

Edit:

Activity: 224
█ If you want logo pm me █
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
In fact, I also think, it would be better if SPR was CPU only coin. But it is absolutely not trivial to design algorithm, which will perform well on CPU and contrarily on GPU.
In the meantime, it is really necessary  to keap pace with "secret" GPU miners, to make powers equal and fair.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
GPU mining is barely fair.
Activity: 636
Merit: 500
Stopping mining now is a very bad idea. This miner seems to be kind and not using his power at full capacity, hashrate is about 8-9 MH/s, this is not something we never saw with CPU-only miners. It is the last chance to mine with your CPU, soon it will be impossible.

I started to work on an AMD miner, I haven't previously done anything like this, hard to say how long will it take.

And what about the hardfork witch slighly changed algo?
Miner included in wallet will include this change and private gpu miners will need to redesign their software.
Smart change in algo will sloooooooow down this redesign.
Small change to the algo implies small change to the miner. This may give us a few hours or a day at most.

well, a small change might be something that requires huge amounts of memory, or even to use diskspace in order to be calculated, which makes the use of GPU so slow that CPU are still usable for mining. (take a look at the momentum algorithm used on protoshares, miners are only 2 or 3 times faster on GPU).

I like your idea @girino. This coin was good because you could mine it with a cpu. There are already a lot of gpu coins and if the coin changes to gpu then the big gpu farms will hit it hard.
Activity: 221
NO,NO,NO,Mr.Spread,I support you to foucus on AMD GPM miner development,this is the right direction.

And with the same priority also Nvidia miner with maxwell support.

Maxwell cards are incredibly good, and energy saving in comparison to older ATI architecture.

First hardfork, then GPU miner ;-)
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
NO,NO,NO,Mr.Spread,I support you to foucus on AMD GPM miner development,this is the right direction.

And with the same priority also Nvidia miner with maxwell support.

Maxwell cards are incredibly good, and energy saving in comparison to older ATI architecture.
Activity: 123
We can make a smart change and a fork to stop this gpu miner. This will give us some time but eventually there will appear a new gpu miner. What we'll do next, another fork? And then again and again... This is the wrong solution.
Stopping mining now is a very bad idea. This miner seems to be kind and not using his power at full capacity, hashrate is about 8-9 MH/s, this is not something we never saw with CPU-only miners. It is the last chance to mine with your CPU, soon it will be impossible.

I started to work on an AMD miner, I haven't previously done anything like this, hard to say how long will it take.

Miner included in wallet will include this change and private gpu miners will need to redesign their software.
Small change to the algo implies small change to the miner. This may give us a few hours or a day at most.

OK, let's change "small" to "smart".

And now the conspiracy theory :-) - Mr.Spread is the GPU miner owner. From the beginning he owned GPU miner and to be the SPR dev with the only GPU miner is his business plan. Just kidding ;-)
Activity: 122
I've stopped mining with CPU,I am waiting for the AMD miner .
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!

I agree with Mr.Spread to develop AMD miner as the first priority.

I appreciate your effort and look forward to the AMD miner. Cheesy Cheesy
Mr. Spread, since we need a bigger exchange, could you edit OP and post C-CEX on top with logo linked voting? Maybe it will attract more voters. And by the way, you should start thread in Altcoins/Mining section with bounty for miners. Later it could an official thread for SpreadCoin miners.
Done and done
Jump to: