Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 403. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
So what he did was puting a already made gpu miner code in your wallet code, and compiled it?
Already made GPU miner? There was no GPU miner, he is the first who made it.
But he would have just edited one the was already made and put it into the wallet, right?
I think he used existing code for X11 part but SpreadCoin algorithm is quite different, its not an easy task like just copy & paste some code. Even X11 part is different because preexisting X11 miners are designed to work only with specific block header size which is different in SpreadCoin.
He didn't actually put it into the wallet. It is an external miner, he probably modified the wallet to work with his miner.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I wanted to ask if there is a miner that can i run in command line on multiple computers in background?
32-bit Windows version comes with spreadcoid.exe which is a command line version of the client but mining with 32-bit version is about 2x slower than with 64-bit.

When using spreadcoind.exe, how can I pass wallet address and cpu core count for mining as parameter?
In the spreadcoin.conf you can type;

gen=1
genproclimit=

I don't know how to set the mining address though.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
I wanted to ask if there is a miner that can i run in command line on multiple computers in background?
32-bit Windows version comes with spreadcoid.exe which is a command line version of the client but mining with 32-bit version is about 2x slower than with 64-bit.

When using spreadcoind.exe, how can I pass wallet address and cpu core count for mining as parameter?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
So what he did was puting a already made gpu miner code in your wallet code, and compiled it?
But he would have just edited one the was already made and put it into the wallet, right?
Activity: 636
Merit: 500
I have only fraction of a bitcoin. How much does he want for the release? Maybe we can sell some SPR for BTC...
But with this trade volume and this exchange rate...
To gather even one BTC would be hard.

Any thoughts?
He didn't say how much he wants, I asked him and am still waiting for an answer.

I have only fraction of a bitcoin. How much does he want for the release? Maybe we can sell some SPR for BTC...

Any thoughts?
He didn't say how much he wants, I asked him and am still waiting for an answer.

But honestly, that increase and unfair situation on SPR mining really discouraged me (and many others i think..)  Sad 
Right now hashrate is about 10 MH/s and there were periods in the past when it was 8MH/s without any GPU miners.
Activity: 636
Merit: 500
Why would he release the miner when he owns more than half the network hash rate...? Out of sheer good will and honest intention towards the community?

He owns the network when he has so much hash. He maybe dont want to do this. And it was triple the normal hash.  
Anyway its not good for this community. You are in a hostage situation as I see it.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
He doesn't want to release it for spreadcoins, only for bitcoins. Anyone wants to donate bitcoins for this miner?

And he says that he is now mining with lower hashrate which means that there is other private gpu miner.

Any thoughts?
Activity: 8

But honestly, that increase and unfair situation on SPR mining really discouraged me (and many others i think..)  Sad 
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1017
Just in case I sold my 200 coins. Who knows how the new miner will affect the course.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
He doesn't want to release it for spreadcoins, only for bitcoins. Anyone wants to donate bitcoins for this miner?

And he says that he is now mining with lower hashrate which means that there is other private gpu miner.

I would have payed him if it was an AMD miner. But it isn't so it doesn't really help me. But maybe someone else will.
There's always that bet you won. :)

legendary
Crypto since 2014
Author of GPU miner contacted me. It is a miner for Nvidia GPUs and he uses seven of them. I offered him reward for releasing the miner.
Awesome!
Unfortunately for me I only have AMD. Well, at least we might still have a chance to fix this problem.

Why would he release the miner when he owns more than half the network hash rate...? Out of sheer good will and honest intention towards the community?
We did end up with GPU miners for Bitcoin.
Activity: 25
Author of GPU miner contacted me. It is a miner for Nvidia GPUs and he uses seven of them. I offered him reward for releasing the miner.
Activity: 25
:/ GPU miner appears to be available to someone..

13 MH network hashrate from 8 MH 10 minutes ago..

Activity: 121
Should we create some sort of place where holders can spend their coins? Maybe some sort of dice game at least.
Activity: 121
16 mh/s? Someone developed GPU miner?
I was just about to say "Hey, maybe a pool added us" and then I remembered... Smiley

Btw hashrate is now on 18 MH/s.

Some possibilities: botnet, private GPUminer....
I think it might be a botnet. Although it very well could be 3 or 4 GPU's.
maybe someone is doing some heavy cloud mining with AWS or digital ocean

I checked to se if you could fight it, but every vps I checked are not alowing mining of crypto. I have checked several vps.

I've mined succesfully on chunkhost.

I checked  and they allow mining. But they just have single and double core. How much is your hash rate there? It looks to me as bad economy for mining but good for staking coins.
10 kh/s per cpu core. I don't think it's profitable anymore.
Jump to: