Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 422. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Info.plist was still poiting to darkcoin executables. You possibly need to change some packaging property to point to the right executable before building.
I fixed this, running OS X build now, will update soon. EDIT: OS X build updated

The backup did not synchronize with the network, created a new wallet and sent it the old to the new, when first starting the new wallet had not received anything.
All I sent for the new wallet returned to the former when used the backup again. (did not send my old wallet spread)
I'm sure I've lost everything!
Not of to recover. My old funds did not work with the new version do not know why.
Actually, I'm tired of trying.
I'm not sure what exactly you did, is there some problem with SpreadCoin client? Do you still have your old wallet? If you will describe in details what exactly was the problem and what you did then probably I will be able to help you.
Activity: 525
Merit: 531
Not of to recover. My old funds did not work with the new version do not know why.
Actually, I'm tired of trying.  Undecided
what is the new wallet address?
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Actually, I'm tired of trying.  Undecided

Maybe you find some solution still. The next day, with fresh mind...
Maybe something pops up.

And if not, network hashrate is still rather low for grabbing significant chunk of coins.

Regards,
Andy
Activity: 189
Actually, I'm tired of trying.  Undecided
I lost all my coins
42k  Cry

And the backup of Wallet.dat??

Sure you have it?!!   Huh
I made it at least before the upgrade process, who knows...

The backup did not synchronize with the network, created a new wallet and sent it the old to the new, when first starting the new wallet had not received anything.
All I sent for the new wallet returned to the former when used the backup again. (did not send my old wallet spread)

OWWWW  Cry
Sorry to hear that...
So the new content of the file is overwritten with the old. Don't you have it on Dropbox incidentally? You can rollback 30 last versions of the file...
In fact all the energy spent in vain  Sad
I lost all my coins
42k  Cry

I lost all my coins
42k  Cry

I lost all my coins
42k  Cry
Activity: 900
Merit: 500
This is your coin. Go have fun.
Wonder why after 12 hours with the open wallet'm not mining?

Do you have the very latest build?
There was an error in the new build provided before fork.

Correct one reads: v0.9.14.0-g0935f02-beta

Regards,
Andy

My version is the same: v0.9.14.0-g0935f02-beta

Do you have the very latest build?
There was an error in the new build provided before fork.

Correct one reads: v0.9.14.0-g0935f02-beta

Regards,
Andy
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
I am unable to run the mac wallet directly (under OSX mavericks), but entering the .app folder and running spreadcoin-Qt from the command line works ok. There might be something broken in the packaging.
I don't know much about OS X, I have never used it. I'm just using the same build process from Darkcoin. Do you have the same issue with Darkcoin? Maybe something is wrong with file permissions, i.e. there is no executable permission, although in that case you would not be able to run it from command line either.

Darkcoin executables are always buggy (wrong fonts, etc) but they open correctly. I'll check file permissions (possibly its permission on some resource file, not the main executable).

Info.plist was still poiting to darkcoin executables. You possibly need to change some packaging property to point to the right executable before building.
legendary
I am unable to run the mac wallet directly (under OSX mavericks), but entering the .app folder and running spreadcoin-Qt from the command line works ok. There might be something broken in the packaging.
I don't know much about OS X, I have never used it. I'm just using the same build process from Darkcoin. Do you have the same issue with Darkcoin? Maybe something is wrong with file permissions, i.e. there is no executable permission, although in that case you would not be able to run it from command line either.

Darkcoin executables are always buggy (wrong fonts, etc) but they open correctly. I'll check file permissions (possibly its permission on some resource file, not the main executable).
Activity: 210
Meanwhile, I found some blocks with very strange difficulty, I need to found out is it some bug in difficulty adjustment or are they just some artifacts.
Forgot to say about it, in fact everything was ok, there is no bug.

Well, is that possible to add the spending transaction to the same block as the mining transaction?
No.

I updated builds, should work now:
Windows wallet
Mac OS X wallet
Linux wallet

Working nice, thank you!
Looking forward to new announcements and features.

In the meantime, an advice or asking for the owners of the larger amount of coins:
When the trading on the exchange starts,
please, do not undervalue your coins.

Ideally, the exchange should start only after greater adoption, when hashrate significantly rises.
If an average miner can get only, let's say twenty coins a day, then the profitability threshold for mining and then selling should be at least fraction above the electricity consumption.
So the price should not be abruptly lowered by dumpers, because an average miner will never have too much coins to dump.
If miner spend one dollar on electricity for getting these twenty coins, their value should stay above one dollar.
And at 500$ = 1 BTC this is equivalent to 1 SPR = 0.0001 BTC.

If the market demand will be low, please, you, who possess greater amounts of SPR, mine, sell only low amounts of SPR, wait and do not dump. It is no reason to dump and ruin the price. You can sell lower amounts for the same profit, if you let the price stay higher.
Nobody will win if some of us will start a price war, trying to sell his coins at any cost.
Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
legendary
I updated builds, should work now:
Windows wallet
Mac OS X wallet
Linux wallet

legendary
AFAIK, it makes no difference to send the new block to the pool or send it directly to the network, since it doesn't matter who posts it, but ratter who is able to retrieve it.
It is important if both miner and pool knows the private key. Whoever will be first to broadcast the spending transaction to other miners will win.

Well, is that possible to add the spending transaction to the same block as the mining transaction? For example, the pool adds the following transactions to the block being mined:

Tx1 = Generated coins 6.66 -> Addr1
tx2 = Spend Tx1 -> Addr2

In that case, the same block generates the coins and spends them. (I am not sure if it is possible because of the confirmations the block needs before being spent, but you know better than me about those things)
Jump to: