Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 87. (Read 810076 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Anyone wanna bet 500 SPR when MrSPR will show activity on one of his accounts?

500 SPR he shows activity on Saturday.
legendary
Activity: 882
NAV Coin [NAV]
"I'm back" episode two coming? Tongue
It's a shame, looked like a good coin with pretty serious dev...
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Mr. Spread has left the boat ?

We're in the Bermuda triangle, the captain's disappeared and locked the bridge and his cabin door with, we think, all his belongings inside.

And we are all standing out here wondering what he is doing.
Activity: 462

We're in the Bermuda triangle, the captain's disappeared and locked the bridge and his cabin door with, we think, all his belongings inside.

That's the reason for Master Nodes having a prediction service, or wisdom of the crowd. See:

https://www.predictit.org/

Rather than individuals acting out of fear or in a herd mentality, everyone can submit a binding vote on their view. This can be a pay-as-you-go service, with winners to an outcome sharing the proceeds.

The paid participants can keep getting updates on changes to voting.

This can inform decision making.

Master Nodes are a bottomless pit of opportunities.

If they are implemented.
legendary

That's the reason for Master Nodes having a prediction service, or wisdom of the crowd. See:

https://www.predictit.org/

Rather than individuals acting out of fear or in a herd mentality, everyone can submit a binding vote on their view. This can be a pay-as-you-go service, with winners to an outcome sharing the proceeds.

The paid participants can keep getting updates on changes to voting.

This can inform decision making.

Master Nodes are a bottomless pit of opportunities.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
So now, should I buy 10 BTC worth spread or not? Smiley The coin seems like a good idea to me at first sight and again seems like developer F it up, why it is that difficult to be honest in crypto world

Nobody can answer that question correct. Obviously this is a risk and you can lost money or have a success if dev will return or someone will takeover etc.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
So now, should I buy 10 BTC worth spread or not? Smiley The coin seems like a good idea to me at first sight and again seems like developer F it up, why it is that difficult to be honest in crypto world

Nobody can answer that question correct. Obviously this is a risk and you can lost money or have a success if dev will return or someone will takeover etc.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
So now, should I buy 10 BTC worth spread or not? Smiley The coin seems like a good idea to me at first sight but looks like developer F it up, why it is that difficult to be honest in crypto world
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
-snip-
No conspiracy theory here but how do you know what time he was checking in if we don't know where he lives?

Before deciding to 'throw good money after bad', I did some homework. Read through post histories (Mr.SPR and some others on spreadcointalk), posting times. You get a bit of a pattern. It's still mostly guesswork, but he does say things like:

*I have to work
*In my spare time
*I need to sleep now

When I was able to look at a post time and guess if it was a weekend or a weekday, I guessed he was based in Europe.  I could be 100% wrong. I know that.

But hey, I think he started a project with good intentions. Giving up halfway would be like admitting to yourself that you are not as good as someone else, when you believe you could be or could do just as good a job.

Stephen Fry in the UK is a famous jack of all trades actor/presenter, but he has been known to go awol because he suffers from depression. He was diagnosed as being bipolar. One day he is fine, next he is gone.

I'm not sure that's the case here. Maybe he was getting a bit hacked off with all the FUD, while balancing a job and testing masternodes, while thinking about getting everything done before going on holiday.

He did once say something along the lines of: sorry for not being around, I was dealing with real life.

That's not word for word, but you can see what he says from his post history.

There are quite a few clues. But at the end of it, I don't mind losing a few BTC if my guess turns out to be wrong. Trouble is, there are a bunch of people that are interested in working on the project. And I don't mind getting stuck in, so its not really a gamble.

Like I said, thanks for the cheap coins, whoever you are.  Grin

I always found this post interesting...https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9905742

Specifically this part:

"After new year I will have hell of a lot of free time, so I hope in the second half of January we will have some code for public testing"

Brings up questions like
-why did he suddenly have free time after the new year? Did his real-life work-life take too much time?
-If English isn't his native tongue why did he use "hell" in this fashion that seems like something a native speaker would do?

Gotcha, and JL I also noticed some colloquialisms that made it sound like English was his first language or that he was very comfortable with it.  So maybe the time zones in Israel coincide with the times in Europe and that IP trace that eightspace posted would make since.  Anyway not like it matters, it's just kind of fun to do the detective work.
Maybe he lost all of his coins again and was too embarrassed to say anything. So instead he decided to leave quietly.

That's a variant too.
inb4 Mr.Spread makes panic to drop the price, then return with fat bag Smiley

There is no evidence of that as far as the rich list is concerned. If that was his plan then he hasn't done it yet. Maybe he lost all of his coins again and was too embarrassed to say anything. So instead he decided to leave quietly.

rich list mean nothing  I have coin where am top ten holder but not showing   I using many wallets split coins up

That's true. I had forgotten about that.
Activity: 56
Merit: 10

There is no evidence of that as far as the rich list is concerned. If that was his plan then he hasn't done it yet. Maybe he lost all of his coins again and was too embarrassed to say anything. So instead he decided to leave quietly.

rich list mean nothing  I have coin where am top ten holder but not showing   I using many wallets split coins up
Activity: 56
Merit: 10
This seems like more distributed than decentralized.. i think it's actually good!!

Distibute is not good after dump.  less people holding coins

-snip-
-If English isn't his native tongue why did he use "hell" in this fashion that seems like something a native speaker would do?

In the post below your link, he says:

"I added it to website..."

There are quite a few of these non-native English speaking mistakes.  The Whitepaper has quite a few as well.

I work with European coders whose English is their second or third language. They make similar innocent and harmless mistakes.  

Or perhaps Mr. Spread is more than one person.

** I can also neither confirm nor deny that he is made of cheese.
legendary
-snip-

In the post below your link, he says:

"I added it to website..."

There are quite a few of these non-native English speaking mistakes.  The Whitepaper has quite a few as well.

I work with European coders whose English is their second or third language. They make similar innocent and harmless mistakes.  
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Pages:
Jump to: