Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 88. (Read 810076 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
This seems like more distributed than decentralized.. i think it's actually good!!

Of course it's good. That's why we all supported it. The problem is we have no clue where it is going.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
ars longa, vita brevis
This seems like more distributed than decentralized.. i think it's actually good!!
Activity: 462
-snip-
No conspiracy theory here but how do you know what time he was checking in if we don't know where he lives?

Before deciding to 'throw good money after bad', I did some homework. Read through post histories (Mr.SPR and some others on spreadcointalk), posting times. You get a bit of a pattern. It's still mostly guesswork, but he does say things like:

*I have to work
*In my spare time
*I need to sleep now

When I was able to look at a post time and guess if it was a weekend or a weekday, I guessed he was based in Europe.  I could be 100% wrong. I know that.

But hey, I think he started a project with good intentions. Giving up halfway would be like admitting to yourself that you are not as good as someone else, when you believe you could be or could do just as good a job.

Stephen Fry in the UK is a famous jack of all trades actor/presenter, but he has been known to go awol because he suffers from depression. He was diagnosed as being bipolar. One day he is fine, next he is gone.

I'm not sure that's the case here. Maybe he was getting a bit hacked off with all the FUD, while balancing a job and testing masternodes, while thinking about getting everything done before going on holiday.

He did once say something along the lines of: sorry for not being around, I was dealing with real life.

That's not word for word, but you can see what he says from his post history.

There are quite a few clues. But at the end of it, I don't mind losing a few BTC if my guess turns out to be wrong. Trouble is, there are a bunch of people that are interested in working on the project. And I don't mind getting stuck in, so its not really a gamble.

Like I said, thanks for the cheap coins, whoever you are.  Grin

I always found this post interesting...https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9905742

Specifically this part:

"After new year I will have hell of a lot of free time, so I hope in the second half of January we will have some code for public testing"

Brings up questions like
-why did he suddenly have free time after the new year? Did his real-life work-life take too much time?
-If English isn't his native tongue why did he use "hell" in this fashion that seems like something a native speaker would do?

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
-snip-
No conspiracy theory here but how do you know what time he was checking in if we don't know where he lives?

Before deciding to 'throw good money after bad', I did some homework. Read through post histories (Mr.SPR and some others on spreadcointalk), posting times. You get a bit of a pattern. It's still mostly guesswork, but he does say things like:

*I have to work
*In my spare time
*I need to sleep now

When I was able to look at a post time and guess if it was a weekend or a weekday, I guessed he was based in Europe.  I could be 100% wrong. I know that.

But hey, I think he started a project with good intentions. Giving up halfway would be like admitting to yourself that you are not as good as someone else, when you believe you could be or could do just as good a job.

Stephen Fry in the UK is a famous jack of all trades actor/presenter, but he has been known to go awol because he suffers from depression. He was diagnosed as being bipolar. One day he is fine, next he is gone.

I'm not sure that's the case here. Maybe he was getting a bit hacked off with all the FUD, while balancing a job and testing masternodes, while thinking about getting everything done before going on holiday.

He did once say something along the lines of: sorry for not being around, I was dealing with real life.

That's not word for word, but you can see what he says from his post history.

There are quite a few clues. But at the end of it, I don't mind losing a few BTC if my guess turns out to be wrong. Trouble is, there are a bunch of people that are interested in working on the project. And I don't mind getting stuck in, so its not really a gamble.

Like I said, thanks for the cheap coins, whoever you are.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
This is a high risk high reward situation. If the coin takes off (from Mr. Spread or another developer) then we will make tons, if not we lose it all. All or nothing.

I'll agree with this, but the same could be said about any "new" coin. The vast majority of altcoins are dead. The more probable scenario is throwing good money after bad.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
You guys seriously trying to explain his absence or it it just denial phase? Cheesy
I think you don't really believe in everything you say here. Dev left and abandoned you. He would have said he is going for a holiday or something and will be offline for a few days. He obviously knew it would crash the price.
It does not fucking matter if he is chinese or from Uruguay. If he still cared about this coin he would have said something long time ago. Wake up.

Unless he has social anxiety lol

I was thinking about this the other day.  This does follow he pattern of somebody with a depressive disorder or anxiety.

For what its worth, I don't think "lol" is an appropriate way to end that sentence njs811.  There is nothing funny about it.

His word makes or breaks this market. If he didn't tell anyone about a vacation because of anxiety can you imagine how tragically funny that would be? Everyone who sold at a loss would be in complete shock/angry, the fudders would eat there own words, and the bag holders would rejoice that they were stupid enough to push through the uncertainty. Perhaps it would be far funnier to you if you saw it in hind site. Should he come back, yes it would be funny.

If you look at the movement of his wallets, he was consolidating a few days before leaving. Possibly backing up.

Then he was testing until 1am. Had one final peak on here at 9am the next, before heading off. This was over a weekend, almost spot on two weeks ago which will take us up to this weekend  Wink

How long do you go on holiday for?

Anyway, if he doesn't come back formally, then hopefully he will contribute to the new dev team via another account.  60k SPR with a working master node service could be worth quite a bit.

edit

Thanks for those cheap coins whoever you were  Grin

legendary
Regardless of whether or not he comes back, chances are the damage is done. Leaving everyone high and dry leaves a sour taste in many people's mouths, further, there would be no telling if and when it would happen again. Further, you now have individuals that are probably sitting on 5-10%+ of the coin supply because it's so cheap, they figure why not. That's not healthy for the future.

It seems to be working well for the US dollar. We quickly and easily forget people's trespasses. (If there is no harm done to us) Logically your argument makes sense, but realistically people don't follow that.  If he came back we would all forget and all of this would seem ridiculous. People would even beg to have him go away for awhile so they could get more cheap SPR.

Please tell me you aren't comparing this situation to the USD, the world's reserve currency and most liquid market.
Regardless of whether or not he comes back, chances are the damage is done. Leaving everyone high and dry leaves a sour taste in many people's mouths, further, there would be no telling if and when it would happen again. Further, you now have individuals that are probably sitting on 5-10%+ of the coin supply because it's so cheap, they figure why not. That's not healthy for the future.

But people are just giving the stuff away, still. Right now. Tons of it.

Anyone can buy up the coins.

I was calling for liquidity, but this is like Niagara falls

Hey, its party time. Get some cheap coins, it looks cheaper than at launch.

This is a high risk high reward situation. If the coin takes off (from Mr. Spread or another developer) then we will make tons, if not we lose it all. All or nothing.
legendary

But people are just giving the stuff away, still. Right now. Tons of it.

Anyone can buy up the coins.

I was calling for liquidity, but this is like Niagara falls

Hey, its party time. Get some cheap coins, it looks cheaper than at launch.

It seems to be working well for the US dollar. We quickly and easily forget people's trespasses. (If there is no harm done to us) Logically your argument makes sense, but realistically people don't follow that.  If he came back we would all forget and all of this would seem ridiculous. People would even beg to have him go away for awhile so they could get more cheap SPR.
legendary
You guys seriously trying to explain his absence or it it just denial phase? Cheesy
I think you don't really believe in everything you say here. Dev left and abandoned you. He would have said he is going for a holiday or something and will be offline for a few days. He obviously knew it would crash the price.
It does not fucking matter if he is chinese or from Uruguay. If he still cared about this coin he would have said something long time ago. Wake up.

I was thinking about this the other day.  This does follow he pattern of somebody with a depressive disorder or anxiety.

For what its worth, I don't think "lol" is an appropriate way to end that sentence njs811.  There is nothing funny about it.

WOOT ! We have a psychotherapist in the crowd. lmao

My diagnosis is that he is suffering from Post Traumatic (the hippie exposed another one of my) Shitcoins Disorder.

This narcissist again.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

I was thinking about this the other day.  This does follow he pattern of somebody with a depressive disorder or anxiety.

For what its worth, I don't think "lol" is an appropriate way to end that sentence njs811.  There is nothing funny about it.

WOOT ! We have a psychotherapist in the crowd. lmao

My diagnosis is that he is suffering from Post Traumatic (the hippie exposed another one of my) Shitcoins Disorder.

EDIT
Roll Eyes
-snip-
With everything he was planning it could can have easily hit $10 a coin over time. So at 60k he will could have been be doing very well for himself.

My grammar is shocking. Yours is just plain wrong  Grin

edit

Did I thank whoever for those cheap coins? Just in case, thanks  Grin

All if statements. No clue if he is coming back.
legendary
-snip-
With everything he was planning it could can have easily hit $10 a coin over time. So at 60k he will could have been be doing very well for himself.

My grammar is shocking. Yours is just plain wrong  Grin

edit

Did I thank whoever for those cheap coins? Just in case, thanks  Grin

His word makes or breaks this market. If he didn't tell anyone about a vacation because of anxiety can you imagine how tragically funny that would be? Everyone who sold at a loss would be in complete shock/angry, the fudders would eat there own words, and the bag holders would rejoice that they were stupid enough to push through the uncertainty. Perhaps it would be far funnier to you if you saw it in hind site. Should he come back, yes it would be funny.

If you look at the movement of his wallets, he was consolidating a few days before leaving. Possibly backing up.

Then he was testing until 1am. Had one final peak on here at 9am the next, before heading off. This was over a weekend, almost spot on two weeks ago which will take us up to this weekend  Wink

Anyway, if he doesn't come back formally, then hopefully he will contribute via another account.  60k SPR with a working master node service could be worth quite a bit.

With everything he was planning it could have easily hit $10 a coin over time. So at 60k he could have been doing very well for himself.

** Perhaps more than 60k if he left his miners on while he was gone.
legendary

Anyway, if he doesn't come back formally, then hopefully he will contribute to the new dev team via another account.  60k SPR with a working master node service could be worth quite a bit.

edit

Thanks for those cheap coins whoever you were  Grin

I was thinking about this the other day.  This does follow he pattern of somebody with a depressive disorder or anxiety.

For what its worth, I don't think "lol" is an appropriate way to end that sentence njs811.  There is nothing funny about it.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

At least the hashrate on the pool is rising and I get more new miners..  Seems interest is, at least, still there...  

I think enough people have hope that he is coming back.

**Or Mr. Spread and a few of his close friends have a mining farm.
Pages:
Jump to: