Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 89. (Read 810076 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
At least the hashrate on the pool is rising and I get more new miners..  Seems interest is, at least, still there... 
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
If Mr. Spread never shows up i'm going to write a children's book called: Where did Mr. Spread go? and it will have all kinds of crazy stories about what happened to him.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
You guys seriously trying to explain his absence or it it just denial phase? Cheesy
I think you don't really believe in everything you say here. Dev left and abandoned you. He would have said he is going for a holiday or something and will be offline for a few days. He obviously knew it would crash the price.
It does not fucking matter if he is chinese or from Uruguay. If he still cared about this coin he would have said something long time ago. Wake up.

Abandonning the coin without first selling all your coins before the crash is not rational. Some of his wallet are still full of spr

I have tracked down all of the donated money that he received some time ago.  

This is what is in each wallet:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SP7jrxYeGdEiTSsSQtnSr9UCXtEpuHYigv.htm
30,400 SPR

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3.htm
5,000 SPR

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SgcsK6CFrcKWE4rTaNr7XAghs6ANrSqeix.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SPog49aeSyAGJDU1X1HfxPCans7igroXJw.htm

This brings the total to 62,429 SPR. Granted I may have missed a wallet or two.  (Or perhaps the original donation that he received was exaggerated)
That means as of now that SPR is only worth about 5 Bitcoins.  (Practically nothing for a dev)
Also, the last date any of these wallets were touched was the 15th of February, and most of them were only adding amounts of 100 SPR. (Perhaps testing?)
If he abandoned the project he could have sold his SPR long ago or at least did something more recently with his SPR.  If he has access to a computer he certainly isn't doing ANYTHING with SPR. Lets hold on and see what we get. Besides if everyone committed to stop selling the price would have to go up.

** After reading through the several pages it seems that Mr. Spread never fully recovered his 80k SPR. So 62,429 SPR would be an appropriate amount.

I agree. If I were him I would have sold off all of it the moment I decided I was done.

Then maybe he is not done.  Wink
You guys seriously trying to explain his absence or it it just denial phase? Cheesy
I think you don't really believe in everything you say here. Dev left and abandoned you. He would have said he is going for a holiday or something and will be offline for a few days. He obviously knew it would crash the price.
It does not fucking matter if he is chinese or from Uruguay. If he still cared about this coin he would have said something long time ago. Wake up.

Abandonning the coin without first selling all your coins before the crash is not rational. Some of his wallet are still full of spr

I have tracked down all of the donated money that he received some time ago.  

This is what is in each wallet:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SP7jrxYeGdEiTSsSQtnSr9UCXtEpuHYigv.htm
30,400 SPR

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?Sfj7CRRDetVRwztPMiKmC1bpjTaWKE7og3.htm
5,000 SPR

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SgcsK6CFrcKWE4rTaNr7XAghs6ANrSqeix.htm

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/spr/address.dws?SPog49aeSyAGJDU1X1HfxPCans7igroXJw.htm

This brings the total to 62,429 SPR. Granted I may have missed a wallet or two.  (Or perhaps the original donation that he received was exaggerated)
That means as of now that SPR is only worth about 5 Bitcoins.  (Practically nothing for a dev)
Also, the last date any of these wallets were touched was the 15th of February, and most of them were only adding amounts of 100 SPR. (Perhaps testing?)
If he abandoned the project he could have sold his SPR long ago or at least did something more recently with his SPR.  If he has access to a computer he certainly isn't doing ANYTHING with SPR. Lets hold on and see what we get. Besides if everyone committed to stop selling the price would have to go up.

** After reading through the several pages it seems that Mr. Spread never fully recovered his 80k SPR. So 62,429 SPR would be an appropriate amount.

I agree. If I were him I would have sold off all of it the moment I decided I was done.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255

Unless he has social anxiety lol
legendary
Activity: 1456
-snip-
I think you don't really believe in everything you say here.
-snip-

Actually, I've purchased 90% of my SPR since he left or went on holiday.

And it looks like there is a team picking up the project and continuing with development

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93.525

Hey, this could be good for DRK too, right  Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10587470
Activity: 471
legendary
I have been doing some numbers and I think that the SPR price target should be $5m over the next 12 months.

Clearly this is not going to just happen.  It will require some coordinated work and it requires Master Nodes, IX and more than likely SPRs version of Darksend.

It will also require some coordinated thinking on products and services to run off Master Nodes.

That could mean that every SPR currently valued at $0.017, could be worth between $3-$5.

As a side note (there is a pun there, wait for it), sidechains (there you go) look like they could be DOA. 

You see moving BTC to and from the blockchain might create a taxable event. Without clear direction from tax authorities, sidechains can't function particularly well on a practical level. Sidechains are required to overcome some practical problems with BTC. Problems that Master Nodes can handle.

The first cousin of DRK could be epic.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
legendary
All those posting on spreadcointalk.

Do you think it is better to post here?

Maybe spreadcointalk and IRC can be used just for testing and creating some static pages for mining guides, or technical FAQs.

I know its a great place to be to avoid FUD and trolling, but activity and momentum here is pretty important for the next few months.

IMO
legendary
-snip-
I DON'T WANT TO. Yeah, if you bribe me with a stupid amount like 25 BTC (without a hidden decimal point) - I'd do it, simply because I'd be stupid not to.

Now even I need some popcorn.

Having slept on it, I think the maintenance side of things is the problem.

Capital expenditure on the upfront work is fine, but it's enhancement and development work that's the issue.

Plus, you don't really seem keen to spend the time on it.

I think that the drop in SPR price is an issue to your miner. If the price goes up you seem to do very well out of SPR. About 2BTC/month if my memory is right. That's with SPR at $100k.  SPR at $2m would see you do very, very, well  for no extra effort Wink

If you can help out with the testing, I'm sure the new dev team would appreciate it, as would the silent bag holders.
legendary
-snip-

Likewise.  Doubled my money or thereabouts, but not a lot.  Maybe made 2BTC.  Lack of clear roadmap was the only thing that stopped me investing seriously in this coin.  Glad I didn't put more in.

Dear boy, it's like you reached into my head and had a little look inside.

I was just thinking the same thing. Road map.

Actually, I was thinking that Plan B (which could become Plan A, if MrSPR wants an easier life), is to produce a Darkcoin clone. That way, the dev team can focus on creating something wonderfully spectacular from Master Nodes. First approached here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10560012

A while back, Evan made the correct decision to focus on Darkcoin as a currency that could be deployed on all platforms, but with a particular focus on mobile.

Why try to compete with that?

Lets see a real life Harvard MBA type case study to push the point:

WhatsApp didn't create a new infrastructure. It created a new service on top of an existing infrastructure, Apps, in order to compete against mobile network operators.

Lets see and compare the result:

* WhatsApp, started in 2009, sold to Facebook for $19bn (employed less than 100, I think, at the time of sale)
* EE, the UK's largest mobile telephone infrastructure provider, founded through decades of serial acquisitions, about to be purchased by BT for $19bn (employs around 15,000 people).

You see, the infrastructure is great and all that, and I think the line of thinking to focus on solo mining plus the odd pool should continue, but it's the service or product that generates the most profit.

You just have to focus on getting the right service or product to run off the Master Nodes.

The fact that SPR has started down the road of competing with Darkcoin is actually a good thing for both DRK and SPR.

DRK doesn't want to do other stuff with master nodes, at the moment, that don't revolve around currency, or eCash, whereas SPR can focus on other things while benefiting from DRK's open source code (unless MrSPR returns, or contributes under a different guise).

The opportunity here is not that the dev is on holiday. The opportunity here is to look at the project from a different angel.

As a DRK bag holder, I can tell you I was seriously deflated by the decision to focus entirely on eCash and not other things that Master Nodes could do. I 100% agreed with their decision to focus on eCash.  I helped contribute to that decision. But the prospect of having to wait another year or two to get additional services into Master Nodes was nevertheless disappointing.

So, maybe SPR can take on that challenge and instead of being a direct competitor to DRK it can be an opportunity for both projects.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
Is this feature only available on Blockchain.info ? or other wallets do support it also .

~ Madness
legendary
It is possible that Mr. Spread was just sick and tired of the Fud and decided to back away to work on the coin. He could come out next week with the latest testnet version or even a full implementation.

Everything can possible. For example when I created PeaceBit thread, I had great idea, but then my friend coder trapped in to traffic collision and I had to return funds and close project...
Of course spread dev can just give a f*ck now or something was happened... you never know 100%.

It's really disappointing that we don't at least know what happened. The last few things he said were specifically about upcoming events here in the next few days. Plus his wallets are still intact. That doesn't sound like he had any intention of quitting. I really think he is backing off of the internet because there were so many problems.  A few people even created hate threads.  Which is completely childish in itself.  If he is still alive there is no way that he has brushed all of this under the rug.  He has incredible potential and the coin could really thrive.  Just a log in from his account could jump the price.

* I was completely impressed by his ability and I am sad to see him gone for so long. If he left because he is frustrated then he should consider asking someone to be his public representative. That person could deal with the public.

agreed ...

and im happy to put my hand up for it Wink ...

#crysx

Well, maybe this would be a good thing.

However, Georgem has been doing quite a lot of good work over on spreadcointalk. Maybe coordinate with those guys, preferably here, so everyone starts getting a feel for whose doing what.

A bit of organisation, a crowd sourced road map, I'll start it and call it a business plan, some effort by code contributors and we'll be up and running in no time.

This is a good time to accumulate some SPR to build your first master node on mainnet  Wink
legendary
The guy is on Chinese New Year holiday. He hasn't had one for 6 months.

He was even posting on Christmas day:

Then i learned that spr's code base is forked from darkcoin's and implementing darksend should be 'a walk in the park'.
This isn't 'walk in the park'. There are many things that should be changed, look e.g. at masternode payments. In DarkCoin the owner(s) of the specific private key (this is Evan Duffield and co. I suppose) decide which masternode and when will receive a payment. In my opinion this is unacceptable, especially for a cryptocurrency which main feature right now is true decentralization. Thus we need a decentralized solution to decide where payments will go. DarkCoin experienced non-stability issues and forks when decentralized method of selecting masternode payments was used, this was because different nodes had different opinion about which masternode should receive a payment. I'm working on a system where forks will be prevented because the nodes which don't agree on masternode payments will be forced to accept the decision of the majority of the hashrate.

At the moment, this is the only thing that makes sense. Plus, I think he lives in Europe and is travelling to China to visit family.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Again I assume @e1ghtspace has give the correct info that Mr. Spread is from China. I just google and found that official China's official holiday is from 18 - 24 Feb, and the famous Chinese New Year "world greatest migration" is happening from 16Feb to 1Mar. I am quite sure he will be back, soon.

http://www.ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=31.168.172.144

So I guess he actually isn't from China?

He probably used a proxy or VPN.
Exactly. I think early on he didn't use one because I specifically remember thinking to myself
"Oh he's Chinese? Wow I never suspected that."
Activity: 127
Merit: 101
Again I assume @e1ghtspace has give the correct info that Mr. Spread is from China. I just google and found that official China's official holiday is from 18 - 24 Feb, and the famous Chinese New Year "world greatest migration" is happening from 16Feb to 1Mar. I am quite sure he will be back, soon.

He probably used a proxy or VPN. EDIT: Was his IP the same or at least from same country each time?
Activity: 519

Doesn't metter from where he is China or not he has done a lot for this coin and he will continue his work i'm sure so who don't belive that can sells their coins and move to another
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Pages:
Jump to: