Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Squall Coin NO IPO, Made for you! STILL ALIVE - page 46. (Read 86643 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
Getting close to a launch date? Definitely following this.
Where are you getting the information about the launch day? I need to know because i am also interested in this.

OP saying he will decide soon launching date, I think we have to wait for official statement from OP.
We do not need to entertain other because OP will tell us exact date when he will decide.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Where are you getting the information about the launch day? I need to know because i am also interested in this.
legendary
Things are still in line, There is still much to do, A release date will be set soon, It stll might be a short while (a few weeks) i will guarantee release within four weeks.

Still reading for ideas, It's not too late, Get in your thoughts.

We are super fine, just take time and plan smoothly. We don't want you just release the coin and we face
many problem after that. So better we wait for release and everything will be fine after that.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
Things are still in line, There is still much to do, A release date will be set soon, It stll might be a short while (a few weeks) i will guarantee release within four weeks.

Still reading for ideas, It's not too late, Get in your thoughts.
copper member
Thanks for the reply...
Great choice going with either of those artworks.

Please have a look at some examples of quick POW's out there.
One negative example I can think of is JUDGE.
 - Started off great and is pretty much close to dead now. Time will tell. (I hold some)

A few positive examples (POW/POS where POW is still running)
 - HBN
 - CAPS
 - TEK
 - Diamond
 - JPC!!
All still pretty much going strong staking & POW'ing along. (I hold some of those as well)

It just seems that while POW still runs that there is interest in a coin. If you go 100% POS after a while it seems to die down. (There are exceptions ofc)

Please don't get me wrong. I have a lot of interest in what you are trying to do an I will support either way. It just seems that the POW/POS combination (keeping POW running) makes a difference.

On your last comment first, Absolutely no problem, I really like idea bantering, you make a valid point of view and I will look into it more.
Whilst I understand alot of these alg's/PoS/PoW in principle, I'm not 100% on the writing of such work, My Dev on this side however says he is aware of many PoW problems and this one will be written strongly on the x11, There will also be no worry of KGW or other PoS bug Grin
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Skol!
How about a HBN on steroids?

nist5-fresh
5 block reward
no halving
Long POW
10-20% stake per month.
Good old diff changing every 1024 blocks or so.
Ninja launch.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Decided on the latter, I have updated OP, Prize it waiting for hardroad!

Regarding the POW, The numbers was close, But we was not sure if a reduction was going to happen, So I thought if not, Why not just try and keep the 100 all the way through? I do hear you though, What about if we start off at 25 and have a rise to 50/75/100 respectively every 100K blocks?

Thanks for the reply...
Great choice going with either of those artworks.

Please have a look at some examples of quick POW's out there.
One negative example I can think of is JUDGE.
 - Started off great and is pretty much close to dead now. Time will tell. (I hold some)

A few positive examples (POW/POS where POW is still running)
 - HBN
 - CAPS
 - TEK
 - Diamond
 - JPC!!
All still pretty much going strong staking & POW'ing along. (I hold some of those as well)

It just seems that while POW still runs that there is interest in a coin. If you go 100% POS after a while it seems to die down. (There are exceptions ofc)

Please don't get me wrong. I have a lot of interest in what you are trying to do an I will support either way. It just seems that the POW/POS combination (keeping POW running) makes a difference.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1024
500k total amount or "Block reward - 500K"?  Huh

Yes, My bad! LOL

I have updated OP to reflect:-

Total coinage is 500K block reward is 100 coins, I now would like feedback on wether to have a block reduction? or start higher? Or even lower and have MORE coins as time goes on?

@ squall1066

Would you be interested in helping me revamp Colossuscoin? At my disposal I have access to forums with resources and guides, test forums, marketing strategies, links to exchanges, compiling in Linux and Windows, transaction tools, nodes and seednodes, a working test coin, virtual GUI desktops in the cloud and can use Github.

I need help in putting the Blockchain and Wallet together as well as other people to help manage funds for development, contact me if you are interested I have some pretty cool stuff I can show you.

With the greatest respect, I am souly working on my coin ATM, I really have no time with work and real life stuff going on.

All good, I'll just stick to suggestions then.

If going with KGW for the Proof of Work, you need to make sure it's implemented properly and if I were you I would give BitcoinXpress a bounty for him to stress test your Proof of Work for you. All these altcoins are afraid of BCX, Why? They should be paying him for his technical experience.

Looks like you are heading towards a Proof of Stake only state at some point? Rat4 from Blackcoin posted a security analysis of Proof of Stake with a low POW reward a little while back https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/security-analysis-of-powpos-hybrids-with-low-pow-reward-551861

For Proof of Stake you need at a minimum, coin control, multiple wallet support and provide the situation where everyone will keep their wallets open 24/7 and if you do not balance the Stake % along with a proper coin weight, you are creating a situation in which exchanges (which can hold up to 30-50% of the coins) can sell all Stake on their own market. Take a look how Blocks are split up during transactions and at what point should transactions pull your largest, oldest blocks.

A possible solution to inflation is strict minimum on fees and precentage fees, Fractalcoin implemented % fees somewhat but the way they did it is incomplete because for them, the 0.5% fee goes directly into the next Block so you would receive that fee as long as you Staked, whether it's 100 coins or 100K coins. % Fees if paid out over a larger number of Blocks would be great for Proof of Stake because you wouldn't need to have such high % of Stake per year and would encourage people to want to Stake as many Blocks as possible in order to receive the most amount of fees. Fees over a large amount of Blocks in Proof of Stake has not been implemented in any coin as far as I can tell but would be beneficial because you could then set your minimum stake period to about 7-10 days and fees to pay out over the minimum stake period. For example, you could have 0.5% fee to pay out over 4k blocks (1 week at 2.5 minutes) so a transaction of 100k coins would add 0.125 coins to the next 4k blocks. Successful coins such as Doge has 10k transactions a day, Reddcoin and Blackcoin about 3-4k transactions. Something like this would be beneficial because during very high volume times and if people are dumping their coins, it would be far more beneficial to be Staking and holding your coins.
copper member
I have a slight concern regarding the number of coins/block reward.

At this rate the POW mining should last a little over 21 days and after that I understand it would be full POS.
This is a bit too close to P&D strategy and I'm sure others might feel this way too.

I'm not sure what the proper solution to this would be but maybe lower the block rewards to 20? which will give you at least 100 days of POW.

Just my 2SQC....

PS. Artwork related -> first submission by logocreator and last submission by hardroad both look gr8.

Decided on the latter, I have updated OP, Prize it waiting for hardroad!

Regarding the POW, The numbers was close, But we was not sure if a reduction was going to happen, So I thought if not, Why not just try and keep the 100 all the way through? I do hear you though, What about if we start off at 25 and have a rise to 50/75/100 respectively every 100K blocks?
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
I have a slight concern regarding the number of coins/block reward.

At this rate the POW mining should last a little over 21 days and after that I understand it would be full POS.
This is a bit too close to P&D strategy and I'm sure others might feel this way too.

I'm not sure what the proper solution to this would be but maybe lower the block rewards to 20? which will give you at least 100 days of POW.

Just my 2SQC....

PS. Artwork related -> first submission by logocreator and last submission by hardroad both look gr8.
copper member
I think stable award is better when decrease.
The main thing is to support the developer and rapid implementation of the plans.

Any figures you would like to suggest?

Getting there I promise  Cool Only an hour and 30 odd min till the artwork comp is over, If anyone wants to vote for one, please post there - The thread link is in OP, Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
I think stable award is better when decrease.
The main thing is to support the developer and rapid implementation of the plans.
copper member
500k total amount or "Block reward - 500K"?  Huh

Yes, My bad! LOL

I have updated OP to reflect:-

Total coinage is 500K block reward is 100 coins, I now would like feedback on wether to have a block reduction? or start higher? Or even lower and have MORE coins as time goes on?

@ squall1066

Would you be interested in helping me revamp Colossuscoin? At my disposal I have access to forums with resources and guides, test forums, marketing strategies, links to exchanges, compiling in Linux and Windows, transaction tools, nodes and seednodes, a working test coin, virtual GUI desktops in the cloud and can use Github.

I need help in putting the Blockchain and Wallet together as well as other people to help manage funds for development, contact me if you are interested I have some pretty cool stuff I can show you.

With the greatest respect, I am souly working on my coin ATM, I really have no time with work and real life stuff going on.
copper member
WE have a pool up people, It's a pre register!!

http://squall.minerpools.com/index.php?page=register
legendary
@ squall1066

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
500k total amount or "Block reward - 500K"?  Huh
legendary
Maybe limit hashrate like MINERALS ?
Coins amount ... not so big ... 100K or 1M ?
Block time ... 2 min ?

I did consider limiting hashrate, I'm not sure, As I do think it will lock out people down the line who want in, Anyone else want to share a view?

What about 500K

2 and a half min block time?

My opinion is to ditch limitation, you will ruin coin and won't get enough support!
Regarding coin number, i am more for 1 mil and 150 sec block time - You want stable coin and not to slow so my opinion is that 150sec is good. Then again, i am not some kick ass coder to know what is the best.

EDIT: If you are going to do POW/POS do at least 15 days of mining, anything shorter will be raped with big farms and rentals so distribution won't be good.

I agree against limitation, And so do others I chat too.

If it's PoW/PoS I don't even want to do a premine, I want everyone on it from day one, I am worried about people farming it, But I still think thats better than the alternative, It will be chaos at first, But I think it will be worth it.

Look fine, even if it will 1 Million, there is nothing wrong in it.
Block time is looks perfect.

Anyone else want to jump in with some figures, I think too many with too short a block time creates havoc on the network in the later days, I am thinking of the long haul, Plus this would feel like flooding everyone with coins, If it's a little rarer, It might be more sought after?

The art work comp finishes on Friday, I (hopefully) will be releasing this coin into the wild a week or so after, I still really need lots of input as to stats, I'm open and willing to listen to YOUR needs  Grin

If anyone like a particular look of art on the other thread, Feel free to post there, It's your baby as much as it's mine.

Last note - If anyone has spare sig space to donate, Please link here, We are nearly there! But we need as many people to know as possible, Lets see if we can save someone some IPO money  Roll Eyes Thanks to everyone making YOUR coin possible.

If you want something like that you should look at Reddcoin with Kimoto gravity well for the POW distribution. Stay away from Super Blocks, no reason to have something people can game and if doing a shorter or medium POW phase then start out with a low reward and move up. I'm not sure how you would deal with people farming it though, and what would your plan be in order to pay for services and development?

Too few coins are not good because they seem so expensive that they are sold down to nothing, too many coins (500 Billion+) and your coin can only ever trade at a minimum on the exchanges. I've had this discussion in great detail and I think people in general like dealing in whole coins and many coins over pieces of a coin so for something like you want for a store of value, I'd suggest 1-50 million.

If you are going POW/POS with a fast distribution, I hope you really understand how Proof of Stake works because Coins = Hash Power and you have to make it so people want to always keep their wallet online to Stake.
copper member
Block time ... 2 min ?

I did consider limiting hashrate, I'm not sure, As I do think it will lock out people down the line who want in, Anyone else want to share a view?

What about 500K

My opinion is to ditch limitation, you will ruin coin and won't get enough support!
Regarding coin number, i am more for 1 mil and 150 sec block time - You want stable coin and not to slow so my opinion is that 150sec is good. Then again, i am not some kick ass coder to know what is the best.

EDIT: If you are going to do POW/POS do at least 15 days of mining, anything shorter will be raped with big farms and rentals so distribution won't be good.

I agree against limitation, And so do others I chat too.

If it's PoW/PoS I don't even want to do a premine, I want everyone on it from day one, I am worried about people farming it, But I still think thats better than the alternative, It will be chaos at first, But I think it will be worth it.

Anyone else want to jump in with some figures, I think too many with too short a block time creates havoc on the network in the later days, I am thinking of the long haul, Plus this would feel like flooding everyone with coins, If it's a little rarer, It might be more sought after?

The art work comp finishes on Friday, I (hopefully) will be releasing this coin into the wild a week or so after, I still really need lots of input as to stats, I'm open and willing to listen to YOUR needs  Grin

If anyone like a particular look of art on the other thread, Feel free to post there, It's your baby as much as it's mine.

Last note - If anyone has spare sig space to donate, Please link here, We are nearly there! But we need as many people to know as possible, Lets see if we can save someone some IPO money  Roll Eyes Thanks to everyone making YOUR coin possible.
legendary
Block time ... 2 min ?

What about 500K

Pages:
Jump to: