Author

Topic: [ANN] [START] StartCOIN 2.0 - The digital currency for crowdfunding - page 210. (Read 538859 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
anything special about this coin?
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
a 50% premine is some cause for concern  Wink

Well it might be more of a concern if the StartCOIN funds were not being slowly distributed across the StarJOIN crowd funding platform to active users and to worthwhile projects and causes.

See the StartJOIN twitter here: https://twitter.com/startjoin

Get involved, help others and START something!

This is the point. Without the pre-mine to support CrowdFunding this coin has no point. Who needs another coin with no purpose?
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
a 50% premine is some cause for concern  Wink

Well it might be more of a concern if the StartCOIN funds were not being slowly distributed across the StartJOIN crowd funding platform to active users and to worthwhile projects and causes.

See the StartJOIN twitter here: https://twitter.com/startjoin

Get involved, help others and START something!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
a 50% premine is some cause for concern  Wink
legendary

I see what you mean now about MCXNOW.

At BankToTheFuture we raise finance for companies that will be selling traditional shares in their company to investors. To raise finance for an AltCoin you are more suited to either a decentralised IPO or CrowdFunding. StartJOIN is live and most of the businesses that have been funded with them are for projects like yours so you should submit a project with them if you want to go down this route.

Hope this helps.

Indeed.

The concept is for a physical product in relation to an alt. coin (not to finance an alt. coin) and so crowd funding via StartJOIN is an option for consideration certainly.

Having used both StartCOIN 1 and StartCOIN 2.0 - I'd say that the switch from Scrypt to x11 was probably a good decision overall. The difficulty re-targeting is much improved for pool mining and x11 is going to provide a more even distribution long-term.

I've registered on StartJOIN and will look to become active with project contributions in future.   Smiley
is the website blocked for indians? i get 403 forbidden on website

Ask the indian government?  Smiley
Activity: 466
is the website blocked for indians? i get 403 forbidden on website
Activity: 575
Merit: 500

What was the MCXNOW fees fiasco? I must have missed that one?

Perhaps rather ironically it could be described as a StopCOIN 1 and StartCOIN 2 type of scenario ?

On a more serious note I do very much like the idea of a digital currency being used for crowd funding. StartJOIN is not fully live though yet, right ?

@BankToTheFuture did you get my PM seeking clarification if BankToTheFuture is only interested in looking to fund Bitcoin related start-ups and not alt. coin related projects as well currently ?

Startjoin has been fully live for a while and has successfully funded projects, it has also being paying interest on Startcoin deposits and pledges every Friday.

Perhaps rather ironically it could be described as a StopCOIN 1 and StartCOIN 2 type of scenario ?

On a more serious note I do very much like the idea of a digital currency being used for crowd funding. StartJOIN is not fully live though yet, right ?

@BankToTheFuture did you get my PM seeking clarification if BankToTheFuture is only interested in looking to fund Bitcoin related start-ups and not alt. coin related projects as well currently ?

I see what you mean now about MCXNOW.

At BankToTheFuture we raise finance for companies that will be selling traditional shares in their company to investors. To raise finance for an AltCoin you are more suited to either a decentralised IPO or CrowdFunding. StartJOIN is live and most of the businesses that have been funded with them are for projects like yours so you should submit a project with them if you want to go down this route.

Hope this helps.
legendary

It comes from the pre-mine as they stated when they launched the coin. The coin as all about supporting CrowdFunding.

With Max Keiser a CEO of Startjoin, looks like a buy at this price. Unfortunate about MCXNOW, but what can you do? I stopped using them the first time he shut down and the MXCFees fiasco happened.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com

It comes from the pre-mine as they stated when they launched the coin. The coin as all about supporting CrowdFunding.

With Max Keiser a CEO of Startjoin, looks like a buy at this price. Unfortunate about MCXNOW, but what can you do? I stopped using them the first time he shut down and the MXCFees fiasco happened.

Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
Activity: 2
After reading SomethingSomethings message..... that is sad you lost your mined coins...

I had a similiar thing happen to me and lost about $50 worth of coins purchase called LionCoin.   
It turns out LionCoin on 1 exchange was different than a Lion on a different exchange as one has the word "coin" in it and one doesn't.

I sent all my coins at once and they never got there.

Lesson learned.  If you buy coins, research first, and now I always send a test of 1 coin over to make sure it makes it before sending the rest over.

That is really great advice...

On a side note...

We have a rogue exchange fucking shit up right?

Where are the crypto hackers?! TAKE THIS SITE DOWN...!!!

USE YOUR POWERS FOR GOOD INSTEAD OF STEALING FROM INNOCENT VICTIMS/GOOD EXCHANGES
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Why did they set a deadline? Because the only valid reason i can think of is for scamming as much people as they could.

Why would you not set a deadline? One could make the argument the deadline should be longer but should you be able to come back 2 years later and swap your coins? Who would upkeep the blockchain for the old one so long?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
@LeChatNoir, SomethingSomething
Plz post the TX codes or links.

Have you tried the rescan, salvagewallet and reindex commands ? Use an old back up if you have one.
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
After reading SomethingSomethings message..... that is sad you lost your mined coins...

I had a similiar thing happen to me and lost about $50 worth of coins purchase called LionCoin.   
It turns out LionCoin on 1 exchange was different than a Lion on a different exchange as one has the word "coin" in it and one doesn't.

Lesson learned.  If you buy coins, research first, and now I always send a test of 1 coin over to make sure it makes it before sending the rest over.

Contact the exchange because if you put an invalid address the transaction is usually rejected, so your coins are probably still in the exchange 1 wallet.
Activity: 464
Wasssssup!

Jump to: