Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 174. (Read 202442 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
It will have to be better than Monero to succeed.  Wink
It needs to be different enough from Monero in some (or more than one) way. Different does not necessarily mean better (or worse). The differences can be technical or they may be related to branding, adoption etc. We shall see what happens.
Activity: 93
Merit: 12
Ofc you cannot buy anything in Sumokoins yet for the coin is 2 months old, but I'm sure you will be able to in the future. Many other cryptocurrencies have no actual use (yet) but a capitalization far over a million dollar. Regarding the tech and developers activity and commitment, this is still a very good price to buy in my opinion. If you consider the project as overevalued I would gladly debate here on in private message !  Grin

Thanks for posting on the ann anyway guys

The "value" of Sumokoin is whatever someone is willing to pay for it - the point being made is that Sumo has potential.

It will have to be better than Monero to succeed.  Wink

Activity: 42
Ofc you cannot buy anything in Sumokoins yet for the coin is 2 months old, but I'm sure you will be able to in the future. Many other cryptocurrencies have no actual use (yet) but a capitalization far over a million dollar. Regarding the tech and developers activity and commitment, this is still a very good price to buy in my opinion. If you consider the project as overevalued I would gladly debate here on in private message !  Grin

Thanks for posting on the ann anyway guys
While monero was good 1-2 years ago, now it's losing and there is almost nothing happening there...

If you mean by "losing" that it looks like someone is doing Monkey Business with the price of Monero, then I would agree with you on that point (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20308341).

On the other hand I would not say that "almost nothing" is happening with Monero, even though "something" could happen faster (https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6juluf/any_new_updates_on_xmr_adoption/)

It's simple to mine it, but there is no other reason why anyone should look into this. Can you buy something with SUMO these days?

Too true.

Sumo would also do well to avoid Monero's image problems...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/monero-fake-announcement-1932227
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pre-ann-monero-without-the-asshole-team-brought-to-you-by-fuckmoneroorg-1932187
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-the-monerobitmoneromrobmrxmr-ninjalaunched-cripplemined-fastmine-matters-1435385
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/time-to-end-the-xmr-vs-dash-battle-confessions-of-a-dash-enthusiast-1538753
https://news.bitcoin.com/hackers-use-nsa-exploit-to-mine-monero-using-victims-computers/
https://themerkle.com/monero-mining-malware-prevented-wannacry-from-infecting-even-more-computers/
https://betanews.com/2017/05/19/adylkuzz-malware-make-money-monero-mining/
https://www.proofpoint.com/us/threat-insight/post/adylkuzz-cryptocurrency-mining-malware-spreading-for-weeks-via-eternalblue-doublepulsar

Activity: 1923
Merit: 538

"It's simple to mine it, but there is no other reason why anyone should look into this. Can you buy something with SUMO these days?"

good question.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
SUMO has potential definitely. While monero was good 1-2 years ago, now it's losing and there is almost nothing happening there. I can see SUMO replacing monero if:

- a massive campaign will convince common people to use it
- merchants will receive tools, API and support to implement it
- there will be constantly growing dev team, following plans on the roadmap
- adoption depends on user-friendliness, still a long way to go for any cryptocurrency

It's simple to mine it, but there is no other reason why anyone should look into this. Can you buy something with SUMO these days?

With above steps, coin will certainly get the kick and move onto big exchanges. But going the opposite direction will lead to dumping and eventual death of the coin.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Wow, they are incredibly agile and fast for their weight!
They are fat but very muscular ^^
Activity: 70
All In One Social
Looks promising.
Thank you for creating it.
Activity: 94
Wow, they are incredibly agile and fast for their weight!
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
Well, there is not going on much in the forum, since lots of people are talking on telegram Smiley

It would be nice, if everybody could help out and tell people about sumo  Wink

And come to telegram, of course
Really impressive roadmap in August  Grin
Activity: 119
Just to be clear, the only differences between monero and this coin are:

1 - 10% premine
2 - minimum mixin of 12 enforced from start of network
3 - emission curve
4 - ?

Are there plans to diverge further, or just continue merging changes from monero?

We'll work in both ways. Important innovations from upstream must be merged to Sumokoin for the best features. Ofc, we have our own vision for the coin, at least, it would be better privacy, easier to start atm. On the other hand, we'll focus more on ecosystem like wallets, mobile, merchant APIs etc.

It'll take time for the coin to gain more traction from community and for devs to implement better wallets, tools etc but we'll do that with high responsibility and long-term commitment.

I have been watching the Sumokoin and Monero threads for a couple of months now as part of my due diligence research,  and I think you have correctly identified "ecosystem" as Monero's main weakness in relation to Bitcoin.

I seem to keep coming back to this part of the Sumokoin mission statement though -

• Do you have any relationship with The Monero Project?

- No. While we have full respect for all core developers of The Monero Project who are competent, open and smart, however, we've never had opportunity to contribute anything to Monero yet (we hope we will).

Why have Sumokoin developers been unable to work with the Monero team on improving the ecosystem?

Excellent question. We always want to contribute back to Monero projects. Atm, we can only contribute patches to Monero core when possible. When we have more matured tools/ideas, we surely work with Monero if they are ready to cooperate but I think it may only happen in the next 6 months or so.

Have you ever contacted the Monero team?

Something as basic as the Multibit Classic Bitcoin Wallet, which is safe, has existed for years, and does not require maintaining a local copy of the blockchain, would be a BIG improvement over the current wallet offerings for Monero and could help spread the coin by making it more usable for average people.

I don't think any Bitcoin-based wallet will work with Monero/Sumokoin (and that's one of reasons why it tooks years for Monero developing its first wallet). Without full blockchain, we'll have to find remote trust nodes to pull info and that's for the Lite wallet on schedule.

1 - 10% premine
3 - emission curve
4 - ?

Are there plans to diverge further, or just continue merging changes from monero?

We'll work in both ways. Important innovations from upstream must be merged to Sumokoin for the best features. Ofc, we have our own vision for the coin, at least, it would be better privacy, easier to start atm. On the other hand, we'll focus more on ecosystem like wallets, mobile, merchant APIs etc.

It'll take time for the coin to gain more traction from community and for devs to implement better wallets, tools etc but we'll do that with high responsibility and long-term commitment.

I have been watching the Sumokoin and Monero threads for a couple of months now as part of my due diligence research,  and I think you have correctly identified "ecosystem" as Monero's main weakness in relation to Bitcoin.

I seem to keep coming back to this part of the Sumokoin mission statement though -

- No. While we have full respect for all core developers of The Monero Project who are competent, open and smart, however, we've never had opportunity to contribute anything to Monero yet (we hope we will).

Why have Sumokoin developers been unable to work with the Monero team on improving the ecosystem?

Excellent question. We always want to contribute back to Monero projects. Atm, we can only contribute patches to Monero core when possible. When we have more matured tools/ideas, we surely work with Monero if they are ready to cooperate but I think it may only happen in the next 6 months or so.

Have you ever contacted the Monero team?

Something as basic as the Multibit Classic Bitcoin Wallet, which is safe, has existed for years, and does not require maintaining a local copy of the blockchain, would be a BIG improvement over the current wallet offerings for Monero and could help spread the coin by making it more usable for average people.

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO

1 - 10% premine
3 - emission curve
4 - ?

1 - 10% premine
3 - emission curve
4 - ?

Activity: 149
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO

1 - 10% premine
3 - emission curve
4 - ?

Activity: 700

1 - 10% premine
3 - emission curve
4 - ?

You can read the Development path here:
https://medium.com/sumokoin/sumokoin-development-path-2c5e0fd1b0fa

Or my summary here:
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@fiex/sumokoin-one-to-watch

Hope you can find your answers here.

The only two real features I see there - subaddresses and multisig - are fairly long in development and close to use in Monero, so it seems like the answer is just merge stuff that Monero develops?

Both will be here by next month. Then you will have an easy-mining tech by Billue. And when both sub-adresses and multsig will be working, devs will add new innovations I guess. But still those ideas are different of the XMR's ones. Join our telegram if you have any questions I guess devs would enjoy explaining to you !
Jump to: