Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 180. (Read 202442 times)

Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Can I mine this coin? I love SUMO and Japanese
Yeah, need an answer too!
I have a farm and I`m looking for a new coin farming ways.

Of course you can mine it, its algo is cryptonight. Check the announcement post for the three available pools
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Yeah, need an answer too!
I have a farm and I`m looking for a new coin farming ways.
Activity: 149
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO
We need slack, telegram or discord where we can chat and communicate, why we still don't have them? One of the most important things....

TELEGRAM GROUP

As Slack seems too strict for general discussion, we've created a Telegram chat group here:

https://t.me/joinchat/F8RH2kPmFCnA-igHBKSCAA

Pls join it freely for discussion. @sumogr and @fiex have accepted to be admins for chat room. Thanks.
Activity: 238
New dev joined

I would like to inform that Quang Vu has joined our team since July 2017. Vu had worked with Bill in several projects before and he will focus on Lite Wallet -- the online wallet service similar to MyMonero that doesn't require to download full blockchain and more suitable for mobile devices. There is no specific date to release lite wallet yet though we expect in a few months. Online wallet will come first, desktop client, mobile wallet later (we will update dev path soon).

Regards,

Good news, sumoshi)
Glad to see that the team is growing.
Thx for your work
Activity: 149
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO
New dev joined

I would like to inform that Quang Vu has joined our team since July 2017. Vu had worked with Bill in several projects before and he will focus on Lite Wallet -- the online wallet service similar to MyMonero that doesn't require to download full blockchain and more suitable for mobile devices. There is no specific date to release lite wallet yet though we expect in a few months. Online wallet will come first, desktop client, mobile wallet later (we will update dev path soon).

Regards,
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
OK thanks bill. Since you say "for Ubuntu" I assume it will be .deb, just curious if you have heard of/ considered using flatpak. Most distributions support the format now, and it allows easy compatibility and dependencies. I.e. one file that works on Ubuntu, fedora, suse etc. It is similar to Ubuntu snaps but more widely supported. Not sure if any other coins have used this format for wallets, or how hard it would be to package wallets in this format, but it could be useful method. Just an idea, something to help sumo stand out.

http://flatpak.org

Yes, I meant .deb file. I'll see if flatpak help. Thanks for guide

P/S: Also find AppImage that looks promising, how do you think?
Does anyone know how big is block chain. Or even better does anyone know where to look for that information?

On about 440 MB. Do you want me to upload it in either raw or dat on google drive?
(Now that I think of it with my upload speed it will take hours... Better to download it yourself from deamon)
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Does anyone know how big is block chain. Or even better does anyone know where to look for that information?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Can someone create a Slack and a Telegram ? I would've done it for the community so we can talk (and invite the devs there) but it would not be very serious if someone still "newbie" on bitcointalk were administrating them. Is anybody okay to create some so we can talk on it ?

Thanks

The devs are eventually preparing an official paid slack channel for sumokoin community. Sumoshi will announce it promptly.

Ok cool fam I cannot wait ! See you soon there
Can someone create a Slack and a Telegram ? I would've done it for the community so we can talk (and invite the devs there) but it would not be very serious if someone still "newbie" on bitcointalk were administrating them. Is anybody okay to create some so we can talk on it ?

Thanks

The devs are eventually preparing an official paid slack channel for sumokoin community. Sumoshi will announce it promptly.
Activity: 64
How come people don't understand that this is useless to pump the pools with NiceHash, Pool owners could you please put a warning message, so the "smart ones" won't waste their money!
Activity: 42

Thanks
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
OK thanks bill. Since you say "for Ubuntu" I assume it will be .deb, just curious if you have heard of/ considered using flatpak. Most distributions support the format now, and it allows easy compatibility and dependencies. I.e. one file that works on Ubuntu, fedora, suse etc. It is similar to Ubuntu snaps but more widely supported. Not sure if any other coins have used this format for wallets, or how hard it would be to package wallets in this format, but it could be useful method. Just an idea, something to help sumo stand out.

http://flatpak.org
Activity: 119
Does GUI wallet work on Linux or does that come later?

Ubuntu version will come soon
Activity: 180
We need slack, telegram or discord where we can chat and communicate, why we still don't have them? One of the most important things....

Go ahead and make one for community reasons. There is a slack where the devs discuss beta tests and development but its completely technical and it has nothing to do with community issues. Make a community slack channel and send an invite to the devs

It's nice to see this comment . I will mine some coins for holding . How can I join this slack ? Please give me a link for slack . Thanks
Activity: 126
Activity: 8
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
These kind of mining tactics are normal, but is especially noticeable when the network hash rate is not yet very high. Best solution is to get more people mining Sumokoin, that way if someone throws 20kh/s at it, it will not account for a large percent of the total net hash rate. The update to the difficulty adjustment algorithm does seem to smooth it out a lot though, good job devs Cheesy
Activity: 164
Merit: 71
As i understand after some blocks if speed remain constant difficullty will go down to a normal vallue.
Was make like this to combat atacks with high speed for short time for high income and not to descurage them.
I am not sure if this is a vulnerabillity or not i just supose will help finally miners who mine constantlly on Sumokoin.
I am not sure i understand very well.
Maybe anyone else can explain better than me.
BR.

Someone applied very high hashrate to mine. That caused the difficulty to rise immediately. ( If it wasnt for the fix he would have succeeded in mining many blocks before the difficulty spiking ). Difficulty will drop with the next blocks mined.

Yes i understand that but as i see at this dificullty will take long time to find next blocks.
BR.

Yeah someone was NiceHashing then spent their BTC and bailed (leaving the difficulty high w/o throttling the difficulty back to a more natural network hash rate).  A few weeks back (June 13th to June 21st, before the fork on the 23rd) the difficulty was up in the 800 millions from similar actions of people and it was taking days to mine a block or two (for instance, the eight-day gap between block 20251 and 20252 -- both mined on the official pool).  Basically some individuals are being greedy but especially short-sighted because this discourages adoption -- it becomes difficult for people to mine and Sumo doesn't get distributed to as many people (who then have a larger stake in the currency).

The particularly funny thing is these people are spending BTC to do this and it may be cheaper to simply buy Sumo on the exchanges which would benefit them (in a smarter, more long-term way) and other Sumo-holders at the same time.
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
Why SUMO dont displayed on WhatToMine? Sometimes profitability can compare with ETH and ZEC... If it displays there, SUMO will be really good promoted, i guess.
(sorry my language skill. I hope you understand what i talking about)

I wrote an email to WTM. They responded just 1h later. They like the coin and perhaps they will list it next week. I hope this is ok for dev Smiley
Jump to: