Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 185. (Read 202442 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I can't seem to join the Slack from the link from your site. Anyone else?

Activity: 605
Merit: 10
Activity: 36
This coin has a serious difficulty problem.

No, it has fixed diff problem.

Its definitely fixed for now.  Cheesy
The spikes are results by people thinking it's brain to hit on the network a >100% nice-hash rent or make a heavy pool hopper and let the others solve the difficulty increase.

Btw.
Just to optimize my miner software/settings I created my own pool to be rid of connection lags.
I found out that over/under clocking 1050/1050Ti is a waste of time under linux, the cards run perfectly on their best settings already, only under windows 7 & 10 it was necessary.
With a hash rate of 3 khs@24h I mined 1 block.
Pool was only full functional ~ 7-8h out of the 24h

Mining it was more accidental, just happened 40 m ago during the removal of one miner after the other.
Finding the block killed the pool btw, but it was running on remote putty so not the brain on my side.
A really buggy first running pool, but finally a functional pool by using ubuntu 14_04 LTS ^^
I cant recommend creating your own pool if you don't have some experience except for educational usage.
I didn't  get the payout system working nor any additional demons for redundancy, html only local access etc.
But it did work and that with most work done by remote control over the phone Grin

*edit: finding the block did not kill it, the board just slowly died with several restarts. Don't use the board of an old mining rig  Roll Eyes
Activity: 295
Merit: 250

No, it has fixed diff problem.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Activity: 350
I think/ am assuming that the devs will probably find a way to get around this one. I have a feeling that Billeau is the least worried about his identity (might be wrong on this one) besides disclosing identity to bittrex still keeps you anonymous to the outside world assuming bittrex doesn't display your identity openly?

Ah well we can speculate what we want let's see what the devs say about this one. I doubt that they aren't aware of this issue.

On another note, I kinda regret the way I started on this forum, I think I was a little to skeptical without doing my own research first so apologies 4 that. Especially reading the last 15 pages on the forum shows the devs capabilities and professional attitude.
I am not just saying this as I have a little money invested. I got more coins I invested in but foresee this coin having great potential indeed.

Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Will they have to disclose all identities on bittrex or just one dev? I am assuming/ hoping they will have a solution for this.
Bittrex lists Aeon whose sole developer is pseudonymous, so I don't think there really is any such requirement.

Why don't you go and ask on the Bittrex slack?

Aeon was added way back in the days.

Now, if you want to get on Bittrex, you need to give a full doxx.(Enhanced Verified Account)

Go ask Bittrex Bill in their slack.

You don't have to take my word for it...

Activity: 14
Ridiculous money being poured into shitcoin ICOs (that are organized by "devs" with deep pockets, lengthy titles and pseudo-doctorates but little real-world experience in actual coding) are hurting alt-coins.... and rather than try to help the ecosystem, these "devs" just try to help themselves with get rick quick schemes. They care more about making their bio and LinkedIn look good for the next scam than they do the coin they are selling.

...but lets' criticize a coin where, instead of putting all their resources into flashy marketing to attract big investors and beg for money - is focused on organic growth through miners and early adapters. This coin has already been proven to have a reliable developers who aren't interested in dumping the pre-mine for a quick cash grab.

Yeah, that makes sense....  Roll Eyes  Undecided Huh

Activity: 7
Ok. I'm in. Any chance of a slack invite?

Cheers.
Activity: 35
Will they have to disclose all identities on bittrex or just one dev? I am assuming/ hoping they will have a solution for this.
Bittrex lists Aeon whose sole developer is pseudonymous, so I don't think there really is any such requirement.
I have 2 r9 290 and 2 7950 I am going to try mining again this week  jut have to set it up again.
I stopped mining a few years back as electricity here is quite expensive and I took a break from crypto.

Activity: 605
Merit: 10
Wallet can be found on official site https://www.sumokoin.org/.
Wallet version is now : v0.1.2.0 "Hokkaido" and is working just fine.
As i understand gui wallet is in work and hope to be ready soon.
Thank you.
BR.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Bittrex does not add anonymous devs.

They require a full doxx.

Activity: 367
Merit: 250
Activity: 258
Hello nippel,

A gui wallet is still in the making, devs are working hard on it.
You can sell coins at cryptopia but I suggest you hold on to them whilst sumo will be added to Bittrex.

I believe there is ankther way to create a wallet, but I don't know how. Just read the 40 pages and you will understand the devs are solid, I had the same questions initially.

Ok i see Smiley
Yess Bittrex could be bigg. Do you mine also?
Yess i hope so, couse this is comfusing.
Hello nippel,

A gui wallet is still in the making, devs are working hard on it.
You can sell coins at cryptopia but I suggest you hold on to them whilst sumo will be added to Bittrex.

I believe there is ankther way to create a wallet, but I don't know how. Just read the 40 pages and you will understand the devs are solid, I had the same questions initially.

Activity: 258
Is this scam or something?
Still i can`t find a wallet.
And how to sell off my minted coin?
This is really bad
Hi,

Thx again for the answers, I just want to get to know this coin better and devs behind it so all I am doing is asking questions that new joiners might have as well. Plus as you may understand from some of  my questions I  clearly am still on a learning curve.

The devs answers make sense to me and sofar I am impressed with what I see and read of you guys.

Not sure why some people find it necessary to react with aggression to what I view as being normal questions? Why would I be trolling I have no incentive for that? Stop messing with my zen.

So here goes, maybe I can change some of your negative thoughts on me:

I just bought a good amount of sumo and decided that this coin on the surface looks like it is worth an investment. Albeit a risky one, but at least most of my questions were answered to a degree that I now feel better about my decision.

I am doing a study in computer science at Open Uni (1st year) and like to learn more bout crypto's in general so I would love to help you out in any way I can.... if I can ofcourse.

Could  join the slack channel? How do I require the emailaddress?

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. You don't have to buy trust, you guys have got a really nice setup here, so this is what makes me have interest in this coin.
All I am asking now is what will happen exactly with the escrowed premined coins in 2020 will they all be released in one go? How do you protect yourself from being greedy? Could it not be setup in a way that the release of premined coins get's spread out over years later? If the premine is mainly to keep the project going there is no requirement for all the coins to be released in one go?

Many questions around the premined coins, most are valid ones, so I'll break them down:

1. All I am asking now is what will happen exactly with the escrowed premined coins in 2020 will they all be released in one go?

Though it'll be quite a long time to July 2020, devs did discuss about it. We want to keep less than 15% premined coins to total supply unless the market requires more (but I doubt), so it's much likely we'll have another escrowing round after all coins released.

2. How do you protect yourself from being greedy?

Hard question with no full satisfactory answer I think. We don't feel greedy now but you guys must always keep eyes on devs' actions and punish them when smelling sth wrong, that's a way to keep us from being too greedy.

3. Could it not be setup in a way that the release of premined coins get's spread out over years later?

Now, almost all premined coins are locked in blockchain, we cannot do anything with them, only when they are released we can do sth as said at (1) above.

4. If the premine is mainly to keep the project going there is no requirement for all the coins to be released in one go?

Not really sure what you mean. Until now, premined coins are mainly used as incentives for contributions, very small sums, but it can be sth to keep project from being abandoned if it requires full-time jobs of some devs in latter years. I think it'd always be better than nothing.

Thanks for your interests. At the end, I think if you doubt about 2020 release, you can always have option to sell all coins before that, right?
Activity: 17
Hi thx for reply,

I agree with many things in your post, so my comparison with the car salesman doesn't quite hold up.
I should have read a bit more about the coin before starting my rant.
I noticed also they have escrowed the premine until 2020 not sure exactly what that means, but I guess until that time those coins are not part or the market. I agree that it makes no sense to dump the coins in a healthy economy. But if they mentioned for instance the premined coins will slowly be released spread out over the next twenty years it would make me feel more comfortable.

So question I have now is will those 8.8 mill premined coins all be on the market in 2020 or only proportions of it, are all the escrowed wallets aimed to be released in 2020

So let's say one coin becomes worth more than a few dollars... the return on that premine would be phenomenal? Even after 3 years. What protects us against them pulling all that money out?

i dont think this guy will invest anything but keep trolling, you can effectively ignore him. your f*cking questions are all answered and you changed questions once again

the wallets are escrowed and im not sure if you are too stupid to see exact numbers at each release stages. devs can use premined coins on whatever they want. if they try to play pump & dump they will be punished by market (or not?) and what you can do is to wait and see what happen.

if you dont trust devs, dont buy coins. if you are clever enough, just fork this coin and do wtf you want: no premined coins, revealing your identity to this f*cking world, ok?
Activity: 149
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO
Hello,

Thank you for the reply. You don't have to buy trust, you guys have got a really nice setup here, so this is what makes me have interest in this coin.
All I am asking now is what will happen exactly with the escrowed premined coins in 2020 will they all be released in one go? How do you protect yourself from being greedy? Could it not be setup in a way that the release of premined coins get's spread out over years later? If the premine is mainly to keep the project going there is no requirement for all the coins to be released in one go?

Many questions around the premined coins, most are valid ones, so I'll break them down:

1. All I am asking now is what will happen exactly with the escrowed premined coins in 2020 will they all be released in one go?

Though it'll be quite a long time to July 2020, devs did discuss about it. We want to keep less than 15% premined coins to total supply unless the market requires more (but I doubt), so it's much likely we'll have another escrowing round after all coins released.

2. How do you protect yourself from being greedy?

Hard question with no full satisfactory answer I think. We don't feel greedy now but you guys must always keep eyes on devs' actions and punish them when smelling sth wrong, that's a way to keep us from being too greedy.

3. Could it not be setup in a way that the release of premined coins get's spread out over years later?

Now, almost all premined coins are locked in blockchain, we cannot do anything with them, only when they are released we can do sth as said at (1) above.

4. If the premine is mainly to keep the project going there is no requirement for all the coins to be released in one go?

Not really sure what you mean. Until now, premined coins are mainly used as incentives for contributions, very small sums, but it can be sth to keep project from being abandoned if it requires full-time jobs of some devs in latter years. I think it'd always be better than nothing.

Thanks for your interests. At the end, I think if you doubt about 2020 release, you can always have option to sell all coins before that, right?
Jump to: