Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 188. (Read 202442 times)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO
Now that the network is functional again, maybe the devs can set up TLS ports on their mining pools? Pretty please?

Also, did you fork from Monero recently enough to be compatible with snipah's pool software? PPLNS will help prevent pool hopping and benefit the regular miners, just like the recent difficulty fixes.

Probably, Bill will have a look at this when he has time
Activity: 149
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO
It is amazing how fast and accurately difficulty adjusts itself with respect to current network hashrate.
Devs you have my outmost respect for your skills. This difficulty adjustment algo is a breakthrough

I agree! I'm glad I'm able to mine this coin again, it seems to have a promising future. I'm currently mining at around 4.6 Kh/s and watching a fair amount of coins coming in.

We are pleased to say that the hardfork went smoothly and, more important, now network difficulty can adjust fast enough to true users' hashrate.

The Cryptopia's wallet has been back for a while and you can transfer in/out now.

Thank everyone for kind support and great patience. The fork had turned out not easy job given many factors to consider like time limit constraints, responsiveness, timewarping etc. But as @syncmaster913n said in Slack:

To be honest I am very happy that this problem happened so early because it allowed everyone to see how you react to pressure and how you handle difficult situations. I think this was a great test for you as a team of developers.

Devs have the same sentiment and we can now focus on next stages.
Activity: 28
Merit: 2
It is amazing how fast and accurately difficulty adjusts itself with respect to current network hashrate.
Devs you have my outmost respect for your skills. This difficulty adjustment algo is a breakthrough

I agree! I'm glad I'm able to mine this coin again, it seems to have a promising future. I'm currently mining at around 4.6 Kh/s and watching a fair amount of coins coming in.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

LOL!

My sentiment exactly. Great job.
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Activity: 164
Merit: 71
1) If you use Nvidia and Ubuntu compile your miners.
 Pro: You can also test the different branches for different driver versions...

3) Get your miners running with max performance without using sudo (memory áccess settings etc.)...

And just for the fun of ubuntu users if your nvidida drivers are cracked after an "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" like I had just now:
sudo apt-get install gdm
sudo service gdm restart
1.4Khs scrap junck system is back to sumo ^^

Thanks for the thorough info.  I'm a bit of a noob so there are occasionally programs that I haven't been able to compile (I've messed around with clang and other apps) but have used git successfully and downloaded/updated those libraries.

I found updating the Nvidia/CUDA drivers to be a pain.  Here's a link to some of the intricacies: https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-nvidia/issues/46 .  A preliminary to that is updating (and possibly installing, I don't recall) nvcc -- the Nvidia CUDA compiler.   BTW, Linux with Nvidia users can check their CUDA version with the command:  "cat /usr/local/cuda/version.txt" (it'll output something like: CUDA Version 8.0.61).

In your third suggestion though I'm wondering what the trade-off would be???  I run the miners under sudo.  I suppose the permissions can be changed to make the miner executable as a regular user using chmod but would that actually make it faster?? (It may be the case though if your hash rate is 1.4kH/s -- mine tops out around 520 H/s  Tongue heh .)   I'm assuming threads run as the superuser/admin would have higher priority (at the kernel? if that's an accurate way to look at it).

I haven't really looked at manipulating the memory access settings at this point.
Activity: 463
Merit: 253
where is my sumo slack invite? can someone send me one?

Send your email. However nothins is going on at the slack at the moment
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
where is my sumo slack invite? can someone send me one?
Activity: 36
Hm has this also happened to anyone else?
I just started a new deamon

status
Height: 21535/21535 (100.0%) on mainnet, not mining, net hash 394.13 kH/s, v2, up to date, 3+0 connections
ERROR  {2} {p1} "comment by Bierbam -deleted time-" [abstract_tcp_server2.inl+515 ::do_send_chunk] send que size is more than ABSTRACT_SERVER_SEND_QUE_MAX_COUNT(1000), shutting down connection

Hm have set the upload and download to below 100kb/s for all my deamons,  there were constantly more than 7Mb combinend on all  Huh
Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Activity: 33
Anybody good with making memes? I feel like this coin needs some sumo wrestler memes. Could give it a humorous but powerful image.
Now that the network is functional again, maybe the devs can set up TLS ports on their mining pools? Pretty please?

Also, did you fork from Monero recently enough to be compatible with snipah's pool software? PPLNS will help prevent pool hopping and benefit the regular miners, just like the recent difficulty fixes.
Activity: 367
Something NIX wallet is not synchronized in the new installation. Before everything was OK..

UP. Although, synchronized patience, but strangely.. I'm Not sure.
Activity: 395
Is it not profitable to lease a capacity on Naishash?
Activity: 119
Well . Sumokoin is rising up again  and I think it will hit 0.5$ in next days. The volume is quite good today.
We have passed the block 21300 successfully and forked . Congratulations, Dev.

Well, just give the hashrate back to people! Cheesy
@ ayoubmtd

> Is anyone mining on Linux using AMD Radeon graphics card ? if yes what miner you are using ?
> I am having problems mining on ubuntu with my Radeon HD 7950 with wolf's XMR miner I get these errors :

Hey

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS but I have an Nvidia card.

You might give XMR-STAK-AMD a try ( https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-amd ) or ccminer-cryptonight ( https://github.com/KlausT/ccminer-cryptonight ).

Also, I haven't attempted to install it or otherwise verify this but there seem to be virus or trojan warnings regarding the Claymore Cryptonote GPU miner -- so it's probably best to avoid that one.  Sad

1) If you use Nvidia and Ubuntu compile your miners.
 Pro: You can also test the different branches for different driver versions.
2) You get with all official downloads the virus warnings because they were used with some exploit to mine.
Doesn't matter i its win or linux based there are many security issues per month.
3) Get your miners running with max performance without using sudo (memory áccess settings etc.)
4) Update your Ubuntu at least once a week: sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade
5) If you don't know how to compile read the frontpage of github.
I use currently following 3 but there are also others these are just examples don't copy and paste read and check if they are trustworthy :
xmr.stak-miner
ccminer2.? (i use an mixed Version with nearly all available coins integrated. Dont forget cuda and compiling it with extension --cuda etc)
Claymore Cryptonote DUAL GPU miner -> for ETH+LBRY so wont tell here^^

Example:
xmr.stak-miner:
  sudo apt-get git (if you don' t have git installed)
  change to the directory where you want the github files:
  git clone https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu.git (one version with donating 1%)
  change into the new xmr-stak directory
  sudo apt-get install libmicrohttpd-dev libssl-dev cmake build-essential
   cmake .
   make install  -> binary is in folder /bin
   make it executable, change the settings et voila
   improve it by using the memory extensions described in the config file, don't sudo!
   You can once to check what speed you can achieve with correct settings. Intel i5/i7 from 2nd gen onwards have all around 5H/W 140H-180H/s(calculated on CPU only power draw)

If you need an example for your nvidia card I can pm it in detail or post it here, type of card would help a lot.
But it will be an example not the best performance, that one needs your own testing. And the sources and settings need to be checked by you always. I'm just a unknown person giving you highly likely bad security advice^^

And just for the fun of ubuntu users if your nvidida drivers are cracked after an "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" like I had just now:
sudo apt-get install gdm
sudo service gdm restart
1.4Khs scrap junck system is back to sumo ^^
Activity: 2
@ ayoubmtd

> Is anyone mining on Linux using AMD Radeon graphics card ? if yes what miner you are using ?
> I am having problems mining on ubuntu with my Radeon HD 7950 with wolf's XMR miner I get these errors :

Hey

You might give XMR-STAK-AMD a try ( https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-amd ) or ccminer-cryptonight ( https://github.com/KlausT/ccminer-cryptonight ).

Also, I haven't attempted to install it or otherwise verify this but there seem to be virus or trojan warnings regarding the Claymore Cryptonote GPU miner -- so it's probably best to avoid that one.  Sad
I'm using XMR-STAK-AMD and it works great. I followed this guide to install the GPU drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDGPU-PRO-Install.aspx
Activity: 180
Well . Sumokoin is rising up again  and I think it will hit 0.5$ in next days. The volume is quite good today.
We have passed the block 21300 successfully and forked . Congratulations, Dev.
Activity: 164
Merit: 71
@ ayoubmtd

Hey

Activity: 97
I tried first in official but now Im in http://sumo.ms-pool.net.ua
because I think in New version but still the same. and I try to create a new address I don't know if the previous is the problem.
Jump to: