Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 191. (Read 202442 times)

Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Can I get an invitiation to the slack please?

pm sumoshi with your email
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Can I get an invitiation to the slack please?
lol yeah I just saw the hash rate go up - I've got about 5Kh/s on there now too. We went from a block every 3 days to 11min to 7min now  Grin

I will setup my miners as well this evening. The sooner we get the difficulty back to normal the sooner the coin will be back on track.
Activity: 14
lol yeah I just saw the hash rate go up - I've got about 5Kh/s on there now too. We went from a block every 3 days to 11min to 7min now  Grin
I'm going to point all my XMR miners to the SUMO network through the weekend and see if we can get things kicking again

DEVs have already applied more than 2 MH/s on the official pool. If you can do it from today it would be of great help Smiley
I'm going to point all my XMR miners to the SUMO network through the weekend and see if we can get things kicking again
In order to push the network, due to the hardfork, and for the difficulty to return to its normal levels we have to find blocks.

Devs will pay lots of money to buy hash rate from nicehash and do this. For our community to support them please turn on your miners either at the pool or solo mining with the new wallet and lets find these needed blocks!
wallet & daemon updated and running smoothly - blockchain was ~8 days behind and updated in less than a minute.

Network hashrate @ 3Mh/s but sumopool is only at 4Kh/s, I'm guessing it is mostly solo miners that are currently active?

I guess there is hardly anyone doing solo mining and that's why we need a hardfork to bring back true hashrate

By the way, billaue, will it be worth to solo mine again ? Shall i try with some instances this afternoon? At what value will the difficulty be dropped?
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
wallet & daemon updated and running smoothly - blockchain was ~8 days behind and updated in less than a minute.

Network hashrate @ 3Mh/s but sumopool is only at 4Kh/s, I'm guessing it is mostly solo miners that are currently active?

I guess there is hardly anyone doing solo mining and that's why we need a hardfork to bring back true hashrate

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO
Thank you sumoshi!
Lets build a strong community now!

Thank you very much @sumogr for helping us in Q&A recently as team was too busy for the fork and upcoming GUI wallet.

May I have you email for invitation?
Thank you sumoshi!
Lets build a strong community now!

Kindly send me an invitation as well please
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO
Great news!
Will update today. On the website you have a link to Slack but what is the invite link? Or can you send an invite maarten(AT)fiexer.be

Thanks and great work dev!

Invitation sent @FIEX
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
Sumokoin v0.1.2.0 -- Hokkaido, Point Release 2

Overview

IMPORTANT! This release implements a hardfork that comes effective at blockchain height# 21300. Please update your nodes/wallets immediately!

This point release is to address serious problem created by flash high hashrate (up to x20 folds) to utilize a flaw in old algorithm for network difficulty calculation that is too slow in response to sudden hashrate spike. New algorithm is designed to be more sensitive to hashrate surge leaving much smaller "free" gap for attackers.

Major changes:

+ New algorithm for calculation of network difficulty, major contributed by @haruto-tanno and @zawy12
+ Shorter time limit for block timestamp: 30 minutes from current time instead 2 hours in original fork

Downloads

Please download the binaries at our Github: https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/releases/tag/v0.1.2.0

Great news!
Will update today. On the website you have a link to Slack but what is the invite link? Or can you send an invite maarten(AT)fiexer.be

Thanks and great work dev!
www.sumokoin.org #SUMO
Sumokoin v0.1.2.0 -- Hokkaido, Point Release 2

Overview

IMPORTANT! This release implements a hardfork that comes effective at blockchain height# 21300. Please update your nodes/wallets immediately!

This point release is to address serious problem created by flash high hashrate (up to x20 folds) to utilize a flaw in old algorithm for network difficulty calculation that is too slow in response to sudden hashrate spike. New algorithm is designed to be more sensitive to hashrate surge leaving much smaller "free" gap for attackers.

Major changes:

+ New algorithm for calculation of network difficulty, major contributed by @haruto-tanno and @zawy12
+ Shorter time limit for block timestamp: 30 minutes from current time instead 2 hours in original fork

Downloads

Please download the binaries at our Github: https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/releases/tag/v0.1.2.0

NOTE: Devs are going put some hash power to push blockchain to height# 21300 in the next 12 hours so that the hardfork will come effective and total network difficulty will go down to true hashrate after a while.
Hi, how to mine sumocoin? THanks

Hi like every other cryptonight coin (check monero for example) but the coin's algo is upgraded at the moment and we are expecting a hard fork so stay put at the moment and dont mine till the fork
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Hi, how to mine sumocoin? THanks
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
I think 1 - 2 good news and everything will be back. For example a successful HF and GUI wallet. But it has to happen this week. The miners with the pools are all gone.
But its taking too long now... A few more days of delay and they will have to relaunch if they want to attract the community back
Activity: 36
nice dump.
who wont buy some cheap coins? Cheesy

Think i overpaid for my sumo Sad

the market cap was never been more then 200k, how did you overpaid it? 1 milion is coming

How sure can you be? Grin
Any news on the new wallet?

So to sum it up for everyone posting, order of release, like wallet is after hard fork, was already mentioned:

Guys,

I know you are all somewhat anxious about current situation and progress of the hardfork.

Here are some info:

1. Haruto has been creating a few patches to address the mutipool flash hashrate. Dev are actively discussing about it to find optimal solution that can both deal with this issue and not introduce another flaw. You can view the thread at Github: https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/pull/10

2. There is no certain date for hardfork yet bz we want to test new algorithm throughout before release it. After the final patch is approved and merged, we'll announce the exact block height and estimate time for hardfork.

3. The hardfork will not create anything chaotic, you may not even recognize when it happens, everything will be the same but the network difficulty (which expected to be downward significantly in short time)

4. I advice Bill not to release GUI wallet until hardfork completed and it still need to fix various UI/UX issues right now, so the release date would be delayed until the end of this month. Sorry for that due to unexpected events.

Thank you all for so kind supports and please don't send transactions these days, they may get stuck at pool for hours and may get expired too (money will be back to your wallets if txs get expired, i.e. in the pool longer than 24 hrs)

We're very close to the final algorithm that is both theoretically and practically proven. I hope the hardfork could be out some time tomorrow.

Exchange wallet is freezed now for the upcoming hardfork. Pls don't send coins until then

If you are interested in the Details, read the github link in the quote from above.
Jump to: