Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 189. (Read 736772 times)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Where can i find informations about this ICO? How many tokens have been sold? How many BTC, NXT, BTCD raised?

TY

I think this was the latest details:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8832829

Not sure how much that translates to in actual BTC (5000ish?)
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders
Where can i find informations about this ICO? How many tokens have been sold? How many BTC, NXT, BTCD raised?

TY
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha

And a plurality of different coins, a TOKEN, and a UNITY, and a Superpad, Telepod, InstantDEX, Multigateway, and a...huh?

WTF?

And not a single comprehensible whitepaper to be found any where.

And all centralized with King James to decide "in the future".

And let's not forget that Multigateway isn't decentralized. It relies on servers you must trust.

The technology here is lacking. The focus is lacking. The economics is lacking. The proper use of the english language is lacking. The adherence to legalities such as SEC compliance is totally ignored and even ridiculed as being irrelevant.

Can we play Tinker Toys now.

It's very simple. 1 TOKEN will convert to 1 UNITY. There's only one asset that will represent a share in the superNET and that is UNITY.

Regarding trust Bitmark's marking system which will integrate sirius' Identifi will be valuable in helping with that. Also I know James makes extensive use of multisig tech which will help mitigate those issues as well.

If a developer has a very novel technology why would he dilute it by immersing it in this camouflage?

Because the intention is to provide something that concentrates users. And the developer will want people to use their technology/currency so if superNET works out how it's intended to work out then superNET will provide the users and the demand and developers will provide the technology and the supply.

Most tech that matters would need to be focused on how to build currency usership.

I agree with you completely. And the whole point of superNET is to provide a portal for users so that individual currencies and technologies don't have go out and build their own user base, one will already be waiting for them. And developers can focus on building technology instead of wasting their time marketing.

Okay I get it. A platform and the altcoins are plugins. And King James will decide how that is going to work economically when we get there. For now we only get a lot of unspecific babble from an unsophisticated "simple C programmer".

An investment speculation platform in 51flavorscoins, not a currency platform. Remember there can only be one currency, one unit-of-account. Piecemeal won't get you there.

That's why the idea behind superNET is so interesting, it challenges the idea that there necessarily has to be one dominant currency by attempting to bridge multiple currencies via technology.

Even if you don't believe in James, or his ability to build such a network, the core idea itself is something special I think.

And add Sybil attacks.

I am not trying to talk down the price. You've been warned, my job is done here. Good luck.

Definitely, having experts review and advise is essential. I've seen James constantly searching for experts to help him review his code and discover exploits. I personally know of one person who has the knowledge to be able to help in this regard and he's already spoken with James regarding assisting in that area in the future. As time goes on I believe more people will assist in that area as well. Also, crypto_zoidberg is involved as well and he's widely regarded as an very knowledgeable and capable developer. It will definitely be in his and BBR's interest to do what he can to ensure the security of superNET so I would imagine he will help.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Indeed I did. Misunderstood it somewhat. If you'd like me to commit seppuku to atone for this mistake, just let me know.

Not this time. But don't step out of line again. Wink

I know it would be more work to require people to send their tokens somewhere (to either Unity issuer or genesis) before they got  their Unity. But, it would solve the problem of Token assets floating around.

But, I do admit, it is a minor problem and will most affect those people that don't spend time on due diligence before buying an asset.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

And a plurality of different coins, a TOKEN, and a UNITY, and a Superpad, Telepod, InstantDEX, Multigateway, and a...huh?

Token is just a placeholder which will be in a sense be converted to UNITY.

Try to keep up.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Question re: conversion of TOKEN to UNITY.
On NXT AE, how will this be done? TOKEN will still exist after the UNITY dividend is paid or whatever mechanism is used, but it will have ~zero value. But there will presumably be buy orders open from people hoping to pick up a bargain and forgetting to close them after the deadline. At which point, lots of people will find they have bought TOKEN which can no longer be redeemed against UNITY.

My hope would be that an exchange is required and the Token assets are then burned. I agree, keeping the Token asset around opens up the opportunity for scammers.

But surely it's not possible to burn assets that don't belong to you?
James has indicated that TOKEN will stay around, and may retain some trading value as a novelty item. That suggests there might be immediate scam value at the point of conversion.

Did you read my WHOLE message?

Indeed I did. Misunderstood it somewhat. If you'd like me to commit seppuku to atone for this mistake, just let me know.
In the meantime, the point still stands that I understand TOKEN will still be kicking around, waiting to cause problems. I don't think an automated solution will work. The whole point of a decentralised system is that you can't mess around with other people's stuff. Perhaps I'm wrong. In which case, you might like to spare my intestines this time so I can remove them for that mistake instead.
Your call.
It could be automated. Even by a "simple C" programmer. Wink

Of course it could be, but it's plenty of work to set up an automation script for just one use case. (Do you volunteer? I think James is tied up working on teleport.) Plus, getting everyone to send back their TOKEN would take forever. There'd always been one or two or a dozen laggards.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Proposal:

What about seeding NEW coins being developed with unique features? Devs could make their proposals and maybe one or more are chosen for funding.

This is huge in so many ways..
legendary
On NXT AE, how will this be done? TOKEN will still exist after the UNITY dividend is paid or whatever mechanism is used, but it will have ~zero value. But there will presumably be buy orders open from people hoping to pick up a bargain and forgetting to close them after the deadline. At which point, lots of people will find they have bought TOKEN which can no longer be redeemed against UNITY.

My hope would be that an exchange is required and the Token assets are then burned. I agree, keeping the Token asset around opens up the opportunity for scammers.

James has indicated that TOKEN will stay around, and may retain some trading value as a novelty item. That suggests there might be immediate scam value at the point of conversion.

Having an exchange required would cause additional difficulties. What happens to people who don't realize that they have to exchange (similar problem to what happens when people don't realize TOKEN is no longer worth anything.)? Also, it would involve a lot of doing exchanges by hand, given there are 1000 trades, that's a lot of work.

Redeeming TOKEN for UNITY and making it not worth anything should be handled very carefully though. Maybe a few days without selling before the redeem date?

It could be automated. Even by a "simple C" programmer. Wink

Having an exchange required would cause additional difficulties. What happens to people who don't realize that they have to exchange (similar problem to what happens when people don't realize TOKEN is no longer worth anything.)? Also, it would involve a lot of doing exchanges by hand, given there are 1000 trades, that's a lot of work.

Redeeming TOKEN for UNITY and making it not worth anything should be handled very carefully though. Maybe a few days without selling before the redeem date?

legendary

legendary

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Hello guys!

What coins will be integrated in Supernet except BBR?

Signup for newsletter at http://thesupernet.org/. You will get the updates delivered to your mailbox. They will not be announced here.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
Hello guys!

What coins will be integrated in Supernet except BBR?
legendary

legendary
legendary
Please explain me how do you want DDoS a decentral system ? The whole idea about crypto currency is that it is a decentral system not like the FIAT one. The only thing you can DDoS is Central Exchange system as far i know is Supernet part of NxT exchange system which is already decentral and leaves the Attackers no chance for them to do anything.

Of course it is possible. You flood the network with transactions. The network should be able to respond to this and black list the node doing this though.

But, I can't take a sockpuppet account seriously. Be a man and post under you main account "youareanidiot" or whatever you name is.

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
I was at an etherium conference the other day... kinda reminded me of supernet... started to wonder how they are going to deal with a massive blockchain if all the apps and data are stored in it. Then i realized supernet essentially will have multiple blockchains with one managing the sub chains. each chain offering a specific service. this is great!

Interesting way to look at it. Smiley

Actually, that's a really good idea for someone to develop a new currency that can be added to superNET that provides similar capabilities to Ethereum with regards to the programmable blockchain and being Turing complete. Someone could create a slimmed down version of Ethereum that will be able to offer similar services to people using the superNET. Like you metion, the blockchain size will have no effect on the end users of superNET at all but they should still be able to take advantage of all the different features being offered.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
I was at an etherium conference the other day... kinda reminded me of supernet... started to wonder how they are going to deal with a massive blockchain if all the apps and data are stored in it. Then i realized supernet essentially will have multiple blockchains with one managing the sub chains. each chain offering a specific service. this is great!
Jump to: