Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 193. (Read 736772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I also have a question.  I understand that SuperNET allows users to use features of different coins, presumably coins with the best current tech.  So let's say BBR currently has the best anon tech, but what if in the future a new coin comes out with something better and joins SuperNET.  What would happen to BBR?  Would anyone have an incentive to continue using BBR's older anon tech?  Likewise, would BBR still have an incentive to continue being in SuperNET if no one uses their anon tech?  And this goes for every other feature out there too, not just anon sending.  

Once the SuperNET support is added by a coin, then not sure why they would want to stop getting revenue sharing. It is not like the SuperNET is charging the coins, rather SuperNET is revenue sharing.

Also, once people are using something and liking it, the release of new tech that is "better" doesnt mean everybody just stops using it. The network effect would keep people using it. Regardless of which specific tech is most popular, the SuperNET will presumably be offering it, so as such it represents a diversified approach as opposed to any specific component

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Is there a way to tell how many tokens have been purchased to date?
2014-09-15-14:00:02-GMT SOLD 247155.56505562 TOKEN
GOT 1051.1939813 BTC, 11787943.98052871 NXT, 18965.26645316 BTCD, 653423.94927542 CNY
NXT AE 27'346'998.74985353 TOKENS: 219021

total TOKENS: 466176.56505562
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

There is usually a daily report... but I can't say I've seen it lately...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
I also have a question.  I understand that SuperNET allows users to use features of different coins, presumably coins with the best current tech.  So let's say BBR currently has the best anon tech, but what if in the future a new coin comes out with something better and joins SuperNET.  What would happen to BBR?  Would anyone have an incentive to continue using BBR's older anon tech?  Likewise, would BBR still have an incentive to continue being in SuperNET if no one uses their anon tech?  And this goes for every other feature out there too, not just anon sending.  
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
From another thread:

Can somebody explain how I can send any coin in the SuperNet using BBR's ring signature technology?  It's really difficult for me to grasp how this is going to work ...

My very likely completely wrong guess:
Short guess though for BTCD --> BBR transaction is this: 'Teleport' the BTCD in to a multi sig 'telepod' onion routed through the supernet. MGW and instantDEX instatly converts it to BBR at market rate minus a small fee. SuperNET nodes use multisig to complete your BBR transaction according to the details you specified.

The above is pure non-technical speculation and should not be considered anything but a guess on my part!

Also, I don't think this is supposed to replace BBR. Having BBR and sending it is probably always the best option. But I think a big part of superNET is giving users options and making everything available to them and giving them a choice of what tech they want to use.

I thought this question would be better suited for this thread rather than one of the other FUD threads that have popped up.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Why did the price go down on the TOKEN/BTC pair?

The price didn't go down actually. Official price is 0.01095625. After a lot of people asked, BTER opened trading below the official price. This makes it easy if anyone needing the money for something or weak hands to sell their shares. If you are looking for some cheap TOKEN, now is the time to grab them before official price goes up.
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Sorry see my edit above, open transactions will likely make bitmessage very active. Not trying to say one is better then the other, just trying to do my due diligence as an investor and Monetas/Open Transactions haven't been building open source software for years and setting up a massive base in Switzerland for no reason.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
What are the SuperTraders?
A team of professional traders that maximize gain.
Also, just curious but I've noticed that a majority of your implementations tend to use the nxt messaging feature as it's core reason for using nxt. I am just wondering your thoughts on why nxt is better for this instead of using bitmessage? Would you be able to accomplish some of the same things with bitmessage?
Nxt message is better because it is infinitely more flexible/adaptable.
Any request can be handle by Nxt devs in no time. It is impossible on Bitcoin.
Just a note: bitmessage is not bitcoin. It is a fee less messaging blockchain that uses proof of work to prevent spam. As far as I can tell it would offer similar benefits to nxt messaging. But I don't know, that's why I am asking the question.

I can't find much info about bitmessage. It looks like the project is not active.
Nxt messaging on the other hand is working, active and flexible.
legendary
Activity: 817

Also, just curious but I've noticed that a majority of your implementations tend to use the nxt messaging feature as it's core reason for using nxt. I am just wondering your thoughts on why nxt is better for this instead of using bitmessage? Would you be able to accomplish some of the same things with bitmessage?

Just a note: bitmessage is not bitcoin. It is a fee less messaging blockchain that uses proof of work to prevent spam. As far as I can tell it would offer similar benefits to nxt messaging. But I don't know, that's why I am asking the question. I also ask because Open Transactions is likely to be the biggest competitor to SuperNET and they are making heavy integration of bitmessage/namecoin/bitcoin at it's core and the lack of a secondary "coin" for fees could be a strong benefit.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Why did the price go down on the TOKEN/BTC pair?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
What are the details of the purchasing of BTCD and other coins at the end of the fundraising?

Reposting this question
why would I be posting such details ahead of time?

Of course it does not suit you to increase number of insiders, scumbag.

So you're saying he shouldn't act in the best interests of investors now?

He is already not acting in the best interest of investors, dumbass.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
What are the details of the purchasing of BTCD and other coins at the end of the fundraising?

Reposting this question

So you're saying he shouldn't act in the best interests of investors now?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Yeah, but the FUD seemed worth addressing for the uninitiated.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Ugh. Worth addressing a couple of posts there, I guess. For some reason I've just been reminded of a wonderful line from an old ZX Spectrum rpg game, The Hobbit. 'His foul gluttony has killed a hideous troll.' Happy memories...
Acquiring significant proportions of the market cap of promising crypto before announcing it is to prevent insider trading or pumping. Any pump pre- announcement would be immediately obvious.
Second, when you buy Token you are paying for crypto, not assets or future capabilities. Those are thrown in after the ICO for no extra cost. A decent price is the market price.
A little basic research, please.
legendary
Activity: 924
There are no comparable companies that have an trading fund, angel fund, revenue sharing and advertising that I know of.
Any estimate of book value multiples of book value, even which book value (crypto coins only or with assets?), this is really the big unknown.

So we have an unknown amount of upside, in exchange for a reasonable worst case downside of ~20%. It is up to investors to determine if they feel the upside is worth the potential downside

James

That's why I got ~50 TOKEN a minute after the pre-sale opened and plan to buy 50 more today. Supernet makes a lot of sense to a humble numbers man like myself Wink
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
Why do you you guys sell under ipo price ? Don't you want to give him his 600 000 BTC or what Huh? Don't you think one need at least 300 millions dollars to start a project ? Grin

When i think some people thought Crypti ipo was a huge amount ( 750 BTC )

Dear out of your mind crypto world, i will buy jl777's shady tokens when it will be at a decent price like 0.00005, and again i'm not even sure...

In my world, i only buy something that high when it proves to be functionnal and working.

"And there he came among us dividing assets like bread so that no one shall be overlooked"

Chronicles of jl777 the crypto messia. Verse 4.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)

Reposting this question

legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

As far as I understand it the SuperTraders will make sure that the coin conversion on the exchanges are smooth and at the best rate possible to give a most seamless transaction between the coins within the SN. I guess they will also be in control of the TradeBots algorithms since they know best how to implement the trading stuff.
Jump to: