Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 196. (Read 736772 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Looking for the next big thing

As a coder, he is decent.

You've got to be kidding about this part. Just decent? He's a coding prodigy. I have no clue how he manages to write as much code as he does, a 20 person software company of normal coders would be struggling to keep up with his output. And his software does stuff that most people would consider impossible if they didn't see it in action.

So, the post was just my appraisal.  I am by no means an expert when it comes to coding.  In fact, I don't know anything, so I'll admit that anything I wrote on the topic or am about to write might be off base.  I have heard enough times and have seen from his posts that the amount of code he writes is prolific.  I have heard time and time again that nobody can code as much as he can and I generally believe it.  My appraisal as decent (this isn't bad btw) comes from his own words of constant referring to himself as "Just a C programmer".  If he said he had mastered the top 5 languages, I would be more impressed and move him more into the "prodigy" zone.  He also regularly leaves posts about how he coded something, got it to work but it turned out to be sloppy, so he did it all over again from scratch to make it clean.  That kind of determination and perseverance is the key to success.  Most every time I would prefer to support a decent highly motivated and relentless coder over a really good but lazy and uninterested dev.  

Disclosure: I bought 1/2 bitcoin of Token.

The irony, I think, is to be found in your sig.

I am not sure what the irony is.  I sometimes get lost on meanings in the internet.  I am indeed looking for the next thing.  That is totally congruent with my nature and that is why I am here discussing what very well might be the next big thing.  BTW, I first bought one of Jame's offerings months ago and now have 4 different ones.  When I talk about him, I am genuinely trying to give an honest feel for the guy, both the good and the bad.  Lots of people on here are pumping him to be out of this world, and trolls are screaming scam.  I was trying to give a voice of reason from somebody who has followed him and actually sent messages back and forth with him (under a different name) going back months, long before any of this was ever even thought of.  BTW, he was very good at answering my questions very clearly.  His normal writing often goes over my head, but when I asked clearly for what I was trying to understand, he wrote back very well. 

All duly noted.
The paradigm shift here isn't the standard of coding or the work ethic, though of course these both help immensely. What is qualitatively different (for crypto) is the emphasis on collaboration instead of zero-sum competition. That's the real game changer.
The tech is cool, but that's not what's really exciting. So to me the 'next big thing' is something more fundamental. Basically it's about how we relate to each other, what that enables and the role that money plays in cementing those ends rather than pulling people in opposite directions.

It is a very exciting time to be around and watching this come together. 
Activity: 237

So, the post was just my appraisal.  I am by no means an expert when it comes to coding.  In fact, I don't know anything, so I'll admit that anything I wrote on the topic or am about to write might be off base.  I have heard enough times and have seen from his posts that the amount of code he writes is prolific.  I have heard time and time again that nobody can code as much as he can and I generally believe it.  My appraisal as decent (this isn't bad btw) comes from his own words of constant referring to himself as "Just a C programmer".  If he said he had mastered the top 5 languages, I would be more impressed and move him more into the "prodigy" zone.  He also regularly leaves posts about how he coded something, got it to work but it turned out to be sloppy, so he did it all over again from scratch to make it clean.  That kind of determination and perseverance is the key to success.  Most every time I would prefer to support a decent highly motivated and relentless coder over a really good but lazy and uninterested dev.  

He kind of makes jokes where he'll code something that should take weeks in a single day, then say it was sloppy and he had to spend the morning rewriting it, and claim that he can't be blamed for not getting it right the first time because he's just a simple C programmer. Meanwhile, he's done a months work in a day and a half.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

You've got to be kidding about this part. Just decent? He's a coding prodigy. I have no clue how he manages to write as much code as he does, a 20 person software company of normal coders would be struggling to keep up with his output. And his software does stuff that most people would consider impossible if they didn't see it in action.

I am not sure what the irony is.  I sometimes get lost on meanings in the internet.  I am indeed looking for the next thing.  That is totally congruent with my nature and that is why I am here discussing what very well might be the next big thing.  BTW, I first bought one of Jame's offerings months ago and now have 4 different ones.  When I talk about him, I am genuinely trying to give an honest feel for the guy, both the good and the bad.  Lots of people on here are pumping him to be out of this world, and trolls are screaming scam.  I was trying to give a voice of reason from somebody who has followed him and actually sent messages back and forth with him (under a different name) going back months, long before any of this was ever even thought of.  BTW, he was very good at answering my questions very clearly.  His normal writing often goes over my head, but when I asked clearly for what I was trying to understand, he wrote back very well. 

All duly noted.
The paradigm shift here isn't the standard of coding or the work ethic, though of course these both help immensely. What is qualitatively different (for crypto) is the emphasis on collaboration instead of zero-sum competition. That's the real game changer.
The tech is cool, but that's not what's really exciting. So to me the 'next big thing' is something more fundamental. Basically it's about how we relate to each other, what that enables and the role that money plays in cementing those ends rather than pulling people in opposite directions.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha

so someone is selling tokens/btc cheaper than ico price on BTER Smiley

It might be arbitrage.  They might be buying and selling in BTCD, NXT, and BTC.  They have figured out a small way to beat the system.  The prices of each of these coins are going in different directions, up and down.  

Could just be somebody is scared.  

By they, you mean the operators, the guys that control this IPO. Believe me, if they wanted to disable trades they would done that already. This ipo is fishy.. and weird.

No, considering it's already been stated that the IPO will go for 14-28 days depending on demand. What is fishy about that?

And they decided to allow people to sell their TOKEN below the IPO price just in case they had buyers remorse or needed funds for a personal emergency or something. It was actually quite nice of them to allow this, but of course the accusations of foul play never seem to stop.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

It might be arbitrage.  They might be buying and selling in BTCD, NXT, and BTC.  They have figured out a small way to beat the system.  The prices of each of these coins are going in different directions, up and down. 

By they, you mean the operators, the guys that control this IPO. Believe me, if they wanted to disable trades they would done that already. This ipo is fishy.. and weird.

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

hmm they're multiplying. is this the end for the ICO ?
https://bter.com/trade/TOKEN_BTC
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

http://oi59.tinypic.com/21amr6t.jpg

It might be arbitrage.  They might be buying and selling in BTCD, NXT, and BTC.  They have figured out a small way to beat the system.  The prices of each of these coins are going in different directions, up and down.  

2014-09-13-14:00:01-GMT SOLD 233668.10928301 TOKEN + 204546 from NXT AE
GOT 1039.51657932 BTC, 10335895.31464694 NXT + 25'605'512.67989353, 18256.01303264 BTCD, 621425.55810361 CNY
5403 VIA

I am caught up and now start the debuggings, so will not be checking here for a while.

James

The total value of this at current prices would be:
NXT 35.941.408 x 0.0000821 = 2950.79
BTCD 18256 x 0.0139=.            253.75
CNY 621425/2910=.                  213.54
VIA 5403 x 0.00034=.               1.84
BTC                                         1039.51
Total= 4459.43 BTC/ 438214= 0.01017 per token.

So this is what the buy wall for token would look like at the moment, this sell order would be above the buy wall.

The buy wall for Unity would be higher, but it would be lower than 0.0128 BTC earlier mentioned, because of the recent NXT dive.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Missed the cheap TOKENs this morning Sad
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
I regarded TOKEN under NXT-AE.
The whole volume of TOKEN is so big that I'm doubting about it. It seems to me not so realistic that others Assets.

Is there a certain reason why Tokens volume is about that high?

All the unsold tokens will be destroyed after the sale is over, disregard the total number on NXT AE, it will be much less.
Activity: 334
Merit: 250
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
Got myself some cheap superNet from this FUD  Grin
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I regarded TOKEN under NXT-AE.
The whole volume of TOKEN is so big that I'm doubting about it. It seems to me not so realistic that others Assets.

Is there a certain reason why Tokens volume is about that high?

Activity: 237

legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
how many sold tokens till now?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
Suit yourself ostrich

And BTCD is just another crap useless gen1 coin that is pretending to be something else : "oh look it will be a mediator between nxt and alts in the superjoke network !"

mLOL

The BTCD wallet and NXT asset exchange are two of the most innovative things I have ever used.

Just because you missed the boat, don't understand them, don't have a clue what the Supernet is actually doing, and are probably a hired hand who makes chump-change and definitely doesn't know how to punctuate, you shouldn't knock a group of people who are pioneering crypto beyond its current limits; with plenty of code to prove it. It's clearly not beneath you to do so, but you probably couldn't find your floor if your life depended on it (though it's pretty clear to the rest of us where it is).

While you "blow wind," Supernet is already making acquisitions, including a large percentage of the "Fiver" of crypto and one of the best "Freelance" crypto sites on the net. There's new, verifiable news EVERYDAY, verified/legitimate escrow services involved in the giant amount raised, and I have a strong feeling your coins and assets aren't nearly as powerful, communicative, ballsy or profitable.

If you had any balls at all, you'd put your money where your mouth is and take James up on his generous bet offer. You likely can't afford to, however.

If you aren't a hired hand, you sadly didn't read far back enough through the GIANT tome of fully community-verified information readily available to even know what I am talking about.

Feel free to keep making a total fool of yourself. Wink

+1

How is the BTCD wallet innovative ? it's just a friggin' basic qt with promises Roll Eyes
Nxt asset exchange is innovative yes.

I don't say that James has wrong ideas, but rather that he has too many, he's flooding and diluting crypto money with his countless assets just based on promises at indecent prices while nothing is done yet.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
What's with the dump? Seems stupid.  lol

You realize there is 60 millions tokens arbitrary sold at 0,01 by half-god Jl777 lol it's 1000x overpriced at least.

Man, that's the price Darkcoin reached after countless months with only 3 millions supply.

Wake up sheeps.
His biggest weakness is that he has too many projects and doesn't really see them through to the end.  He basically just wants to do the really cool and key things and leaves the rest to others to do.

I mostly agree with you, EXCEPT for this. He focuses on what he does best and leaves everything else for others -- THAT's why he is successful and it's his biggest strength! He wouldn't get anything done if he would allow himself to be bogged down in stuff that he can't do very well. In his mind all his projects are really only one big project.

I agree with you. I am pretty sure that is how he frames it too.  And in the end it is not necessarily a bad thing.  But from an investor perspective, it can just be a little scary. 
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
His biggest weakness is that he has too many projects and doesn't really see them through to the end.  He basically just wants to do the really cool and key things and leaves the rest to others to do.

I mostly agree with you, EXCEPT for this. He focuses on what he does best and leaves everything else for others -- THAT's why he is successful and it's his biggest strength! He wouldn't get anything done if he would allow himself to be bogged down in stuff that he can't do very well. In his mind all his projects are really only one big project.
Jump to: