Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TeaCoin [TEA] -@Bittrex - Fast - 0 Premine - 2.5% inflation - page 9. (Read 89163 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
I'm trying not to laugh... Teacoin is going for 1 Satoshi each.  How do you sell/buy for LESS than 1 Satoshi?  The only thing I can imagine is 2 Teacoin for 1 Satoshi.

A coin which is traded against LTC or DOGE can have an effective market price lower than 1 Satoshi.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
I'm trying not to laugh... Teacoin is going for 1 Satoshi each.  How do you sell/buy for LESS than 1 Satoshi?  The only thing I can imagine is 2 Teacoin for 1 Satoshi.

My revival plan will create NEW Teacoin.  If we can get interested OLD (current) Teacoin holders who want to BUY/SELL and DRINK Tea, based on my afore mentioned plan, then we MIGHT offer an exchange of OLD Teacoin for NEW Teacoin, but it would a very small amount of NEW Teacoin for a huge quantity of OLD Teacoins (which would be destroyed)... almost not even worth it.  The new game plan involves only small quantities of NEW Teacoin to transact purchases (between 10-100 on average, I'm thinking).  Thousands/millions of Teacoin are waaaaaay off the books!

Being a "Teacoin millionaire" is nigh meaningless now... there won't BE Teacoin millionaires on the new game field.  And, you won't have to pay ANYTHING to GET the NEW Teacoins.  Just chat and let rewards earn interest, til you have enough to buy some Tea!  So, save your BTC... you won't need it, if this project gets off the ground.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
Just discovered this coin.  Hope it takes off again someday.

Would be interested in buying some TeaCoins for a little below market price if anyone's interested.  PM me if so.  Just 0.01 - 0.04 BTC-worth, not sure.
I like your enthusiasm.  But we need to spread the word.  We need at LEAST 20-30 people (this will give me the foundation to warrant the expense of wallet programming) who not only like drinking tea, but also grow (or are willing to grow) the herbs to make their own herbal teas.  If you have the expendable Fiat to do so, you can buy the ingredients to make teas/herbal teas and decide how much Teacoin to charge to compensate, for buying someone elses tea blends.  It's up to each individual what they are willing to spend in Fiat to sell in crypto.  But until (revived) Teacoin makes it back onto an exchange (we want it's value to be seen, for the tangible product it can buy, not just it's "crypto-concept"), Teacoin will be "worthless" except to buy the same as it's namesake, which is how I like it and why I'm doing this.  Once the network is thoroughly established and enough people start talking about it, I'm sure someone is going to start promoting it to an exchange or two.  That's when it's "secondary value" gets going.  And, hopefully, it's secondary value will stay strong (or grow stronger) BECAUSE of it's established tangible value.
Activity: 225

I've gotten in contact with presstab and he quoted me his price and said it should be do-able.

I am willing to pay him, to have this revival made possible, but it will require that enough people think me sane enough to follow my lead.

So, this is where it gets interesting... explaining my plan of action.

This coin will be a direct purchase currency.  Tea and herbal tea.  It has no BTC nor USD value (how can it, initially?).  It's base numeration is 10 coin for 1 teabag (sample).  Beyond that, it's whatever the seller and buyer (the "market") agree to.  This is where an equilibrium is established over time.  Shipping is also covered by an extra number of these coin (I'm thinking 100+), based on what the seller decides is fair compensation for shipping the product to the buyer (which is in USD/Euros, etc.), since they will use said coin to buy tea from someone else in the network.  If you do not like drinking tea/herbal tea, there is no reason to get involved.  Ideally, every seller should be a drinker, to make the most effective network.  Why hold coin you have no use for (i.e you don't like/drink tea) and hs no value outside of this specific network?

The easiest way to make this network simple, is to have everyone grow/make their own herbal teas.  I grow lemongrass, mint, lavender, etc., which can all be used/blended to make herbal teas.  I will gladly be the first to ship a sample to anyone within the USA for 10 + 100 (110 total price) of said coin, when we get the network established and enough people on board to make this project viable.

The idea is to have enough coins to exchange for product (tea), generated through communication and purchases, but not 10's or 100's of thousands or millions of them.  Being a Teacoin millionaire makes it difficult to establish value of the product.  This project is all about building a tight-knit community around this coin and enjoying each other's tea blends and talking about it.  Friendships, consumption, and communication.  That's what I want this coin to build.

I seek to reestablish what Teacoin was MEANT to be used for, not what it became.

My wife nearly dissuaded me from this project, stating the loss of Fiat to ship a product sold for Crypto (she, herself, would not get involved), but that's why I say everyone who sells should also be a drinker, because, that way you can USE the coin to buy tea.  If the "loss" of Fiat (to you) is greater than whatever value you would get out of this coin to buy tea (from another member) to drink, then this project is not viable for you.

It is my belief, that once this revived network gets established and grows enough, outside people (exchanges, other tea dealers, etc.) may establish an "outside value" (BTC, Doge, Litecoin, etc.) and it will be worth something beyond it's original intent.

But, even if it's "outside value" were to become monetarily worthless (as Teacoin has become, today), you would ALWAYS still be able to use it to buy tea and herbal teas from other people on the network.

Teacoin would *NEVER AGAIN* be ever, truely worthless.  If you want tea... you like tea... you can always use your Teacoin to BUY tea.  It's purpose will never be lost because it had no value monetarily.

Save your Fiat for something else... use Teacoin... TO BUY TEA!

I absolutely love the idea. I've often thought it ridiculous to have so many purposeless alt coins. Here is an opportunity to build a community of tea drinkers, facilitate trade, and give teacoin an actual legitimate mission. I think this is what alt coins were meant for. I'll definitely bookmark this thread and help in any way I can. Cheers.

I seek to give this coin new life and purpose.  A hard reset is necessary.  But, without a dev onboard, it's just wishful thinking.

This is one of the first coins I mined. Still have thousands. Love to see a revival. Needs a hard fork with a 100-1 coin swap, new wallet, POS only (10-20%), and maybe in-wallet tea/coffee trading market. (I'ld love to buy coca tea with teacoin.) Could raise a bounty or do a kickstarter to hire a coder. Talk to presstab of Hyperstake. Great dev and freelances. But I think you should keep the name. It just says it all. Cheers.

Now THIS is what I'm talking about!  Now you're talking.  I'll check with presstab and see if he's interested/available.  If we can all get on board with a single vision (i.e. not everyone having a different idea of how things should go), we just might be able to pull this off.  Any idea how we can get in touch with all Teacoin holders and/or find out who/where they are?

I've gotten in contact with presstab and he quoted me his price and said it should be do-able.

I am willing to pay him, to have this revival made possible, but it will require that enough people think me sane enough to follow my lead.

So, this is where it gets interesting... explaining my plan of action.

This coin will be a direct purchase currency.  Tea and herbal tea.  It has no BTC nor USD value (how can it, initially?).  It's base numeration is 10 coin for 1 teabag (sample).  Beyond that, it's whatever the seller and buyer (the "market") agree to.  This is where an equilibrium is established over time.  Shipping is also covered by an extra number of these coin (I'm thinking 100+), based on what the seller decides is fair compensation for shipping the product to the buyer (which is in USD/Euros, etc.), since they will use said coin to buy tea from someone else in the network.  If you do not like drinking tea/herbal tea, there is no reason to get involved.  Ideally, every seller should be a drinker, to make the most effective network.  Why hold coin you have no use for (i.e you don't like/drink tea) and hs no value outside of this specific network?

The easiest way to make this network simple, is to have everyone grow/make their own herbal teas.  I grow lemongrass, mint, lavender, etc., which can all be used/blended to make herbal teas.  I will gladly be the first to ship a sample to anyone within the USA for 10 + 100 (110 total price) of said coin, when we get the network established and enough people on board to make this project viable.

The idea is to have enough coins to exchange for product (tea), generated through communication and purchases, but not 10's or 100's of thousands or millions of them.  Being a Teacoin millionaire makes it difficult to establish value of the product.  This project is all about building a tight-knit community around this coin and enjoying each other's tea blends and talking about it.  Friendships, consumption, and communication.  That's what I want this coin to build.

I seek to reestablish what Teacoin was MEANT to be used for, not what it became.

My wife nearly dissuaded me from this project, stating the loss of Fiat to ship a product sold for Crypto (she, herself, would not get involved), but that's why I say everyone who sells should also be a drinker, because, that way you can USE the coin to buy tea.  If the "loss" of Fiat (to you) is greater than whatever value you would get out of this coin to buy tea (from another member) to drink, then this project is not viable for you.

It is my belief, that once this revived network gets established and grows enough, outside people (exchanges, other tea dealers, etc.) may establish an "outside value" (BTC, Doge, Litecoin, etc.) and it will be worth something beyond it's original intent.

But, even if it's "outside value" were to become monetarily worthless (as Teacoin has become, today), you would ALWAYS still be able to use it to buy tea and herbal teas from other people on the network.

Teacoin would *NEVER AGAIN* be ever, truely worthless.  If you want tea... you like tea... you can always use your Teacoin to BUY tea.  It's purpose will never be lost because it had no value monetarily.

Save your Fiat for something else... use Teacoin... TO BUY TEA!
Activity: 499
Merit: 500

Here are my connections ..

teacoind getpeerinfo | grep addr
        "addr" : "69.60.67.155:39730",
        "addr" : "50.197.11.193:34832",
        "addr" : "84.19.184.96:57486",
        "addr" : "204.210.138.87:49831",
        "addr" : "162.243.222.64:51660",
        "addr" : "91.121.165.120:35911",
        "addr" : "24.253.79.196:60791",
        "addr" : "99.249.105.131:49740",
        "addr" : "79.147.28.55:7921",
Activity: 285
Any Teacoin working nodes to sync?

# coin: teacoin
addnode=204.210.138.87
addnode=91.121.165.120
addnode=203.20.114.252
addnode=188.134.72.213
addnode=99.249.105.131
addnode=162.243.222.64

HTH.

Thank you. Now is syncing.
Activity: 140
Beginning of the day Without TEA i don't think start anybody them work... Smiley i Like TEA.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

# coin: teacoin
addnode=204.210.138.87
addnode=91.121.165.120
addnode=203.20.114.252
addnode=188.134.72.213
addnode=99.249.105.131
addnode=162.243.222.64

HTH.
Activity: 285
As a holder of TEA,   I'm on board.

BTW, 33 halving intervals remain until the current chain will reset.

What are the 33 halving intervals?  How long will that take?  And, as for the current chain resetting, what does that mean?  What, exactly does that accomplish?  Is that beneficial to a "hard reset" of Teacoin, itself?

Please see this post - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-teacoin-blockchain-problem-block-reward-reset-840252 ... Where I reported it.

Basically, The way the code is written, the block chain will reset the reward every 64 halving intervals.  The original Teacoin developer accelerated  the time between blocks and set the reward to begin at 1000 TEA without doing the math and looking at the way the halving worked.  At the 64th halving interval, the reward started over issuing 1000 TEA/block instead of remaining at 1 TEA. The next halving interval reduced it down to 500/block and so on ...   

It's currently in it's 95th halving interval and rewarding 1 TEA/block but at halving interval 128 the reward will again be 1000 TEA/block.

Other clone coins and Bitcoin itself have the same "bug"... Some have fixed it with a simple "if block height > xxx then fix reward at X"
This is not a problem for Bitcoin until way out in the future. Bitcoin is not on a accelerated halving schedule Smiley

As to when,  I calculated 6 months or so ... Depends on the network.

Either way,  The published number of Teacoin to exist is not true.  (Currently X2)

Would the TEA Community be interested in a takeover and conversion to BubbleTea [BUBL] + Backed by physical BubleTea Products ?

We can also provide PoD or Proof of Identity documents.

BubbleTea (also called Boba Tea, if I recall correctly) is a liquid product.  Difficult to ship, except in jars, cans, or bottles.  Didn't think it existed in a dry/powdered form, suitable for shipping.

If you make/ship genuine Thai Tea, I'm all over that , like wet on water.  I'll trade Bitcoin for that!
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Would the TEA Community be interested in a takeover and conversion to BubbleTea [BUBL] + Backed by physical BubleTea Products ?

We can also provide PoD or Proof of Identity documents.

What are the 33 halving intervals?  How long will that take?  And, as for the current chain resetting, what does that mean?  What, exactly does that accomplish?  Is that beneficial to a "hard reset" of Teacoin, itself?
Yes, the certificate on rockytrade expired on 3/14/2015 and needs to be updated.  That is what your browser is complaining about.

BTW, I'm not endorsing Rockytrade ...  For those who don't want to take the chance, I'll tell you that the price is 0.00000001 per Tea.

I imagine that 1 Satoshi per Tea is as bad as it can get, before it's delisted.  Same on Europex.eu.  It's sleeping with the Titanic... if you know what I mean.  Wink

I seek to give this coin new life and purpose.  A hard reset is necessary.  But, without a dev onboard, it's just wishful thinking.

This is one of the first coins I mined. Still have thousands. Love to see a revival. Needs a hard fork with a 100-1 coin swap, new wallet, POS only (10-20%), and maybe in-wallet tea/coffee trading market. (I'ld love to buy coca tea with teacoin.) Could raise a bounty or do a kickstarter to hire a coder. Talk to presstab of Hyperstake. Great dev and freelances. But I think you should keep the name. It just says it all. Cheers.

Now THIS is what I'm talking about!  Now you're talking.  I'll check with presstab and see if he's interested/available.  If we can all get on board with a single vision (i.e. not everyone having a different idea of how things should go), we just might be able to pull this off.  Any idea how we can get in touch with all Teacoin holders and/or find out who/where they are?
Yes, the certificate on rockytrade expired on 3/14/2015 and needs to be updated.  That is what your browser is complaining about.

BTW, I'm not endorsing Rockytrade ...  For those who don't want to take the chance, I'll tell you that the price is 0.00000001 per Tea.
Activity: 225

Pages:
Jump to: