Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TeaCoin [TEA] -@Bittrex - Fast - 0 Premine - 2.5% inflation - page 8. (Read 89163 times)

Activity: 499
Merit: 500
As a current holder of 7621.772727 teabags ....  I like the idea.  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
It's still about value, even if the coin is not traded to/from BTC. Surely an exponentially increasing wallet balance is going to dilute the value of the coin.

Putting it another way. I sell a single teabag and earn 10 TEA. Then I do nothing for a year. I now have sufficient balance to buy 37 teabags. Seems it's a bit like mining, but on an extremely accelerated scale, and in this case, you're talking about a physical product, which has real world costs. I don't understand how you could magically create 36 physical teabags per year for every 1 that someone holds.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
What is the unique feature of this coin?

If, by "unique feature", you mean something to help make it have monetary value outside of tea exchange, it will have none.  The fact it will have intrinsic value for buying a tangible product is it's base value.  It could be as worthless as Teacoin is today (1 Satoshi) and still be worth a LOT to those who like to drink tea.

People need to stop thinking this (revived) coin is going to be like other coins.  It isn't.  That's not it's intended purpose.  It is not a coin to grow to thousands and millions and trade on an exchange and make dollars/euros/whatever.  It is designed to have enough to send someone else to buy their tea, to drink.

There will be no "Pump and Dump" possibility with this coin, because, even if you could, all it would buy... is more tea... and who wants to hold millions of a coin that can only buy one thing?  It's kinda silly.  You want enough to keep buying tea from people, not hoard tea in your basement, waiting for the apocalypse! :-D

When will people ever get the message?  *sigh*
I'm just quietly reading latest developments, enjoying the possible revival of this coin. One thing that sticks out - 1% interest per day? There seems to be potential for things to get way out of hand with that sort of return - your single teabag of 10 TEA would turn into 37 teabags (377 TEA) within a year. Surely such a massive ROI (3770% effective annual interest rate?) would encourage people to simply hold the balance in their wallets.

I'm not an economist, so perhaps I'm missing something. Smiley

And... you plan to drink only 37 teabags worth of tea... during the entire year, right?  This coin's purpose is to buy tea you drink.  It's called *TEA*coin for that reason.  There is no "Return On Investment", as you don't need to pay ANYTHING for these coins.  The only "investment" is your time to talk to other Teacoin wallet users!  You CAN'T buy them!  You just chat (and let your reward for chatting, grow) until you have enough and buy tea when you have enough.

The idea is not to become "Teacoin wealthy" (you won't be possessing 10's of thousands or millions of Teacoin).  IF this coin ever develops "outside value" (via exchanges), then that's fine.  But it's intrinsic value... from the very start... is the simple concept that you like to drink tea (others in the network make) and/or want to sell your own, and want to exchange conversation and ideas about tea and herbal teas.  This (revived) coin would facilitate that.

Nothing more.  Nothing less.

People need to stop thinking that this coin's purpose is to make them money... it is NOT.  That ship has sailed and crashed into rocks and sank.  Look at where Teacoin is today, if you can.  If you don't like drinking tea, then you don't want this (revived) coin.  It really is THAT simple.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
What is the unique feature of this coin?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
I'm just quietly reading latest developments, enjoying the possible revival of this coin. One thing that sticks out - 1% interest per day? There seems to be potential for things to get way out of hand with that sort of return - your single teabag of 10 TEA would turn into 37 teabags (377 TEA) within a year. Surely such a massive ROI (3770% effective annual interest rate?) would encourage people to simply hold the balance in their wallets.

I'm not an economist, so perhaps I'm missing something. Smiley
Tea sent.  Smiley enjoy a cup on me. Smiley

Aah, it's actually syncing now! Thanks for the download page https://doc-0g-6g-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/9hp1pji93gb9b2jorhjo01d9svq4h1do/1428084000000/00778188520075950742/*/0B1XWTNNbRnggNGphem4yUi1OZ2M?e=download

Then, in console, one by one:

addnode 91.121.165.120 add
addnode 203.20.114.252 add
addnode 188.134.72.213 add
addnode 99.249.105.131 add
addnode 162.243.222.64 add

Is the main developer gone? All else seems dead, except for you and the blockchain Smiley

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

PS: feel free to test... Tb8hzLDy68sNhLDzA9GDA8m1vTe8nov8wK XD

This is NO Developer, so far as I know.  The coin is 99% dead.  The Facebook page is dead (no one posting/saying anything).  The main site is gone... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THESE THINGS?  DOES NO ONE EVER READ EVEN A COUPLE PAGES BACK?!?  ARRRRGH!

Those that have Teacoin (including me, now... THANKS!), dare to find ANYPLACE to use them.  Google every corner of the Internet.  You will find only cobwebs and crickets chirping.  Forums like this and one or two exchanges and a dead Facebook page are about the ONLY signs of life left in this coin.

I want to see that change... but it won't, if we don't MAKE it happen.  I have gotten in touch with presstab.  If I can get enough people supporting a radical repurposing of Teacoin, I am willing to pay him to create a new (PoS) wallet for this.  It requires we start making our own teas and selling them to others, who we also buy from.  A close knit community of tea drinkers and sellers.  We all becomes friends and acquaintances.  That's the idea.

Beyond that vision... I see NO hope.  I have 1000 TEA.  What am I going to do with them?  Tell me.  I'd really like to know.  But I am willing to send some of them to someone who can make their own home-made herbal tea that I can buy.  THAT is what I foresee as the "new purpose" for Teacoin... actually exchanging Teacoin... FOR TEA!!!  What an absolutely novel concept!  Whooda thunk it? :-D  

A good place to start is Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tea
There are over 55000 tea drinkers in that sub. Propose your idea there and see what sort of response you get. The rules don't seem to forbid it. It wouldn't hurt to throw around a few coins as tips. If you need some, send me your teacoin address. I can always mine some more.

Edit:
Just been thinking more about this. Perhaps we should agree on and publish a project roadmap so that all can see what's going to transpire. Then, we can go out and promote the project and gather bodies. It just lends credibility. That would involve a new thread here as well, one that you control.
As for your 1000 coins, I think they are worthless but to lay the foundation for Teacoin 2.0. There are just too many old coins floating around out there to have any hope of price stability. My idea for the new wallet is to ignore old coins and have you, the developer, distribute 1000 new coins to the first 1000 members of the new Teacoin Club, a 1,000,000 coin ICO if you will. With a POS rate of 10-20%, that should compensate for growth and lost coins, and promote price stability and savings. I emphasize this because we'll need exchanges where vendors can monetize their coins. No one wants to worry about volatility or speculation, just how to pay bills. That's reality. You'll also inevitably need to buy more coins when your stash runs out. Until we have a full Teacoin ecosystem, we still need exchanges. Transaction fees and/or a stake fee could be coded to support wallet development and such. It should all be transparent.
This definitely can work, as a gathering for acquaintances with a common love for tea, and as a place to do business in a specific product and with a super efficient global payment system. I think the project will be more successful considering both.

The thing is, since the wallet auto-generates new coins, based on each person's chats (conversations) and purchases (based on the minimum of 10 NEW Teacoin for a single teabag (sample) + 100 NEW Teacoin for shipping (you can mail out a teabag of herbal tea for probably the cost of a postage stamp anywhere in the USA)), you don't need a lot of coins for any of it.  And the way I'll have the new wallet designed, the Rewarded TEA (from chats and purchases) earns 1% interest, per day.  You chat in IRC or directly (wallet address-to-wallet address; like wallet Email) and the wallet rewards you for doing so.  Communication and exchange is what earns NEW Teacoin.  And, based on the above base value, you don't need much Teacoin to buy tea from people.  You start out with nothing, and eventually have enough TEA to buy Tea from people!  No money involved!

Naturally, it will be determined mainly by supply/demand/review (yes, you could have a blend that everyone raves about (feedback) and people are willing to pay a lot more TEA for it, just to try it!).

There are a lot of intricate details to the new wallet design (hopefully I can implement them all), but the biggest hurdle is getting enough people behind it, letting us know who will be buying and selling their teas (herbal teas can be made at home from home-grown herbs and such).

As I've said before, I will gladly be the first one to sell one sample of my lemongrass tea for 10+100 NEW TEA, if/when this project gets rolling.  But we need a list of names (people interested in doing this and becoming part of the new Teacoin network when the wallet is created).  If we can get 30-40 people or more interested and willing, I am willing to pay a dev (presstab) to code the wallet to my specifications.

If I am the one to be the name-keeper, here are the guidelines:

1) PM me with your name, city/state (if in the USA), or country. 
2) Specify whether you want to be:

a) Buyer only
b) Mostly buyer, some selling
c) Buyer/Seller - 50/50 split
d) Mostly Seller, some buying

Obviously, being ONLY a Seller is pointless, if the coin has no value outside of this community, which I imagine it won't.  If this revived coin sees a surge of exchange interest/value ("outside value"), great, but that is not the intent of this project.  This coin's primary purpose is to facilitate conversation and tea community!  Nothing more.  Nothing less. 
Welcome other Teacoin Miners !!!  Nice to see you on the chain.

"difficulty" : 1562.28636655

Activity: 225

Aah, it's actually syncing now! Thanks for the download page https://doc-0g-6g-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/9hp1pji93gb9b2jorhjo01d9svq4h1do/1428084000000/00778188520075950742/*/0B1XWTNNbRnggNGphem4yUi1OZ2M?e=download

Is the main developer gone? All else seems dead, except for you and the blockchain Smiley

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

This is NO Developer, so far as I know.  The coin is 99% dead.  The Facebook page is dead (no one posting/saying anything).  The main site is gone... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THESE THINGS?  DOES NO ONE EVER READ EVEN A COUPLE PAGES BACK?!?  ARRRRGH!

Those that have Teacoin (including me, now... THANKS!), dare to find ANYPLACE to use them.  Google every corner of the Internet.  You will find only cobwebs and crickets chirping.  Forums like this and one or two exchanges and a dead Facebook page are about the ONLY signs of life left in this coin.

I want to see that change... but it won't, if we don't MAKE it happen.  I have gotten in touch with presstab.  If I can get enough people supporting a radical repurposing of Teacoin, I am willing to pay him to create a new (PoS) wallet for this.  It requires we start making our own teas and selling them to others, who we also buy from.  A close knit community of tea drinkers and sellers.  We all becomes friends and acquaintances.  That's the idea.

Beyond that vision... I see NO hope.  I have 1000 TEA.  What am I going to do with them?  Tell me.  I'd really like to know.  But I am willing to send some of them to someone who can make their own home-made herbal tea that I can buy.  THAT is what I foresee as the "new purpose" for Teacoin... actually exchanging Teacoin... FOR TEA!!!  What an absolutely novel concept!  Whooda thunk it? :-D  

A good place to start is Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tea
There are over 55000 tea drinkers in that sub. Propose your idea there and see what sort of response you get. The rules don't seem to forbid it. It wouldn't hurt to throw around a few coins as tips. If you need some, send me your teacoin address. I can always mine some more.

Edit:
Just been thinking more about this. Perhaps we should agree on and publish a project roadmap so that all can see what's going to transpire. Then, we can go out and promote the project and gather bodies. It just lends credibility. That would involve a new thread here as well, one that you control.
As for your 1000 coins, I think they are worthless but to lay the foundation for Teacoin 2.0. There are just too many old coins floating around out there to have any hope of price stability. My idea for the new wallet is to ignore old coins and have you, the developer, distribute 1000 new coins to the first 1000 members of the new Teacoin Club, a 1,000,000 coin ICO if you will. With a POS rate of 10-20%, that should compensate for growth and lost coins, and promote price stability and savings. I emphasize this because we'll need exchanges where vendors can monetize their coins. No one wants to worry about volatility or speculation, just how to pay bills. That's reality. You'll also inevitably need to buy more coins when your stash runs out. Until we have a full Teacoin ecosystem, we still need exchanges. Transaction fees and/or a stake fee could be coded to support wallet development and such. It should all be transparent.
This definitely can work, as a gathering for acquaintances with a common love for tea, and as a place to do business in a specific product and with a super efficient global payment system. I think the project will be more successful considering both.

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

This is NO Developer, so far as I know.  The coin is 99% dead.  The Facebook page is dead (no one posting/saying anything).  The main site is gone... HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THESE THINGS?  DOES NO ONE EVER READ EVEN A COUPLE PAGES BACK?!?  ARRRRGH!

Those that have Teacoin (including me, now... THANKS!), dare to find ANYPLACE to use them.  Google every corner of the Internet.  You will find only cobwebs and crickets chirping.  Forums like this and one or two exchanges and a dead Facebook page are about the ONLY signs of life left in this coin.

I want to see that change... but it won't, if we don't MAKE it happen.  I have gotten in touch with presstab.  If I can get enough people supporting a radical repurposing of Teacoin, I am willing to pay him to create a new (PoS) wallet for this.  It requires we start making our own teas and selling them to others, who we also buy from.  A close knit community of tea drinkers and sellers.  We all becomes friends and acquaintances.  That's the idea.

Beyond that vision... I see NO hope.  I have 1000 TEA.  What am I going to do with them?  Tell me.  I'd really like to know.  But I am willing to send some of them to someone who can make their own home-made herbal tea that I can buy.  THAT is what I foresee as the "new purpose" for Teacoin... actually exchanging Teacoin... FOR TEA!!!  What an absolutely novel concept!  Whooda thunk it? :-D   
Activity: 452
Merit: 250

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Tea sent.  Smiley enjoy a cup on me. Smiley
I'm trying not to laugh... Teacoin is going for 1 Satoshi each.  How do you sell/buy for LESS than 1 Satoshi?  The only thing I can imagine is 2 Teacoin for 1 Satoshi.

A coin which is traded against LTC or DOGE can have an effective market price lower than 1 Satoshi.

He said, "Just 0.01 - 0.04 BTC-worth, not sure."  I took that at face value, him using BTC to buy Teacoin at it's current value of 1 Satoshi per coin.  Had he mentioned LTC or Doge, that would have made the difference in my thinking.

Also I did imply that I was wishing to buy more than one Teacoin.  For instance, if one were to buy 10 Teacoins at a price of 0.9 sat each, then one would pay 9 sat.

My apologies.  I wasn't thinking straight.  I was thinking too linearly... as in, per coin.  Well, you'll have 1000 anyways, once you get your Teacoin wallet sync'd. :-D 
Activity: 438
dgmon and Luposian,  Post your Tea address and I'll send you both 1000 Tea.

Cool, not sure the mods like that kind of thing though.  I'll PM you ;-)
dgmon and Luposian,  Post your Tea address and I'll send you both 1000 Tea.
Activity: 438
I'm trying not to laugh... Teacoin is going for 1 Satoshi each.  How do you sell/buy for LESS than 1 Satoshi?  The only thing I can imagine is 2 Teacoin for 1 Satoshi.

A coin which is traded against LTC or DOGE can have an effective market price lower than 1 Satoshi.

He said, "Just 0.01 - 0.04 BTC-worth, not sure."  I took that at face value, him using BTC to buy Teacoin at it's current value of 1 Satoshi per coin.  Had he mentioned LTC or Doge, that would have made the difference in my thinking.

Also I did imply that I was wishing to buy more than one Teacoin.  For instance, if one were to buy 10 Teacoins at a price of 0.9 sat each, then one would pay 9 sat.
Activity: 285
I open my wallet and it says "No block source available..."  61 weeks behind.  I'm running Windows 7.  How do I get things going?

I have a new permanent teacoin node at 95.85.23.9

open your console and write addnode 95.85.23.9 add
I open my wallet and it says "No block source available..."  61 weeks behind.  I'm running Windows 7.  How do I get things going?
I have an idea how to see if this whole, crazy idea of mine will actually work, before investing into a whole new wallet design.  We can use OLD Teacoin... just a LOT less of them.

We create a new, closed Facebook group page called "Teacoin: Revived!" (or something similar).  Get a nice title cover, something similar to the original Teacoin page, but not exactly the same.  But it should look inviting and refreshing.  Glass of iced Hibiscus herbal tea, on a nice table setting or something...

I need to get my Teacoin wallet up and synced.  Hope that doesn't take forever.

Someone send me 1000 Teacoin.  I'll give you 4,000 Satoshi for them.  It's a penny ($0.01 USD) worth of Bitcoin, gained freely from Bitcoin faucets, so I'm more than glad to do it, to test out this idea.  I have some herbal tea ingredients already.  I can whip up a few teabags worth in the next few days, I'll be glad to sell for 10 (1 teabag worth) + 100 (shipping) Teacoin, to anyone in the USA.

We all agree to set an exchange standard of 10 TEA for 1 teabag worth of product we sell, plus 100 TEA for shipping.

We need sellers who are also buyers/drinkers.  Preferably herbal tea, made at home, using ANY ingredients that are safe for making herbal teas.  Test your product first, to make sure it actually tastes good.  You should, preferably, grow your own ingredients, to limit Fiat expense to just shipping the product to someone else.  Local (or relatively local) trade ranges should be established, to limit shipping expense.  Those in the EU trade amongst themselves.  Those in the USA, trade amongt themselves.  Unless someone "across the pond" has a formulation that is a "MUST HAVE" (by rabid recommendation, by lots of buyers!), then buyer/seller can arrange the coin price.

If someone is familiar with making Facebook group pages, then they should be in charge of that.  We can all meet/talk there and use that as a place for brainstorming, sharing ideas, ingredients, formulations (generalized recipes (just a list of ingredients, no amounts)); don't want to give away any "trade secrets", tho. (grin)) etc.

If this trial run gets enough momentum going, we can break out (how much time should we give?  6 months, starting in April/May?), to the real game!

Let's talk!  I'm here!

Pages:
Jump to: