Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Technobit HEX16B(Bitfury based) 16 chip board design - page 5. (Read 56473 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Powered USB2 hub, to power the Pi from a USB cable
but also look for
Power/voltage/current/overload/surge (could be any word) Protected USB2 ports, to stop any power leaking back up the USB.

Something like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HooToo%C2%AE-Premium-Protector-Adapter-Included/dp/B00DKOVVR4

http://www.amazon.com/iDsonix-trade-Adapter-Protector-included/dp/B00FDK4GXY
Activity: 117
Merit: 62
Marto:
Wath is your fucking problem, are you blind, abnormal or simply a thief, give me my money back, order: IKMSANPPV
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Thanks!
So at the moment, just to do some tests, I can use the same other PSU as before but going thru usb powered hub?
Coulb be sufficient at the moment just for test?

Powered USB2 hub, to power the Pi from a USB cable
but also look for
Power/voltage/current/overload/surge (could be any word) Protected USB2 ports, to stop any power leaking back up the USB.
Thanks!
So at the moment, just to do some tests, I can use the same other PSU as before but going thru usb powered hub?
Coulb be sufficient at the moment just for test?
Now I've some questions please. Sorry but I'm a perfect newbie here Sad

1) Probably usb ports are burn by miner but.. miner could be also burn ? How I can test it without burn another pc ?

2) It is normal that from usb cable miner come out 1.33 volts? (measured on pin 1 and pin 4)

3) How can I power miner on same PSU ?

4) I've a rapsberry never used with his small power adapter. Can I try (how?Huh) to configure it and try?

1) Use a power protected USB hub!

2) Yes, but you can tape out the outer pins (ground and +5v) or cut the wires if it's an issue. It doesn't hurt a TL-MR3020 though.

3) Plug it in to a molex cable, but always use a power protected USB hub, to stop any power getting back up the USB!

4) Off a USB cable plugged into a powered hub. Rasberry Pi does not have a good reputation, so using a TL-MR3020 instead is recommended.
Now I can be more clear. Before I was in my car !

Situation is this:

1 Pc desktop Acer

1 HEX16B powered by a different PSU ATX which power ONLY this HEX16B.

(note: If I plug miner on PC via usb but miner is not powered, the fan runs)

First time, with PC ON and Win7 running, I plugged miner to PC (obviously by USB), also miner was already powered by his PSU.
Launch Hexminer software (which Avast says infected) and start to mine without any problem @900mv with hashrate of 45 / 46 gh/s.
After 5-6 hours I saw PC freezed so I power off it pressing power button more than 5 secs, tried to restart but no way, so I unplugged miner usb cable and pc started. When Win7 was ready to operate I plugged miner and PC reboot.
After that now my usb ports (also in front panel) are unusable, also audio I/O (front and rear) are unusable but all is ok on panel control. For example when I play mp3 equalizer shows me the wave but nothing is heard.
USB port reconize external card reader and works well, mouse works well except scroller, usb keyboard freeze evert 5-10 seconds for 1 seconds and light on keyboard turn off.

Now I've some questions please. Sorry but I'm a perfect newbie here Sad

1) Probably usb ports are burn by miner but.. miner could be also burn ? How I can test it without burn another pc ?

2) It is normal that from usb cable miner come out 1.33 volts? (measured on pin 1 and pin 4)

3) How can I power miner on same PSU ?

4) I've a rapsberry never used with his small power adapter. Can I try (how?Huh) to configure it and try?

Thanks to all for your precious support!

Hi, did you use same PSU from your PC to powered the miner or another PSU?

Hi Zich,
another one.

Also PC audio in/out is KO
Mistake!
Do not do that ..Take 12V from PC same PSU

Why ?
Is there a reason to use the same PSU ? What can i do if i use a raspi as computer ?

Ground reference problem. If using raspi, then get 5 V supply from same PSU that supply the miner.
You need to do some cut, cut, cut  Cheesy

Just a question, how is this working with a tplink router ?  Do i also have to power both with the same PSU ?
Yes recommended and it working great i have nine of them to one tplink making around 410GH with carefully chosen usb hub same 700W PSU Smiley
power draw per board is only 4.6AMPS at 12V overclocked Wink

My solution is here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4642613

Moral of the story is always use a power protected USB hub!

The Rasbury Pi has long been know to have USB/power issues. Using a TP-Link TL-MR3020 is recommend instead as your 2W mining PC!

The image for that is on the Technobit download page: http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=53&controller=product&id_lang=1#
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Hi Zich,
another one.

Mistake!

Why ?
Is there a reason to use the same PSU ? What can i do if i use a raspi as computer ?

Ground reference problem. If using raspi, then get 5 V supply from same PSU that supply the miner.
You need to do some cut, cut, cut  Cheesy

Just a question, how is this working with a tplink router ?  Do i also have to power both with the same PSU ?
Yes recommended and it working great i have nine of them to one tplink making around 410GH with carefully chosen usb hub same 700W PSU Smiley
power draw per board is only 4.6AMPS at 12V overclocked Wink
Activity: 155

Hi Zich,
another one.

Mistake!

Why ?

You need to do some cut, cut, cut  Cheesy

Just a question, how is this working with a tplink router ?  Do i also have to power both with the same PSU ?
If i check voltage out from hex16b when powered by molex, voltage is 1.33. It is normal to have volts out from usb cable? Thanks!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
i had exactly the same problem with one hex16b - in my case i used same PSU, PC and miner all in one case, running fine for weeks but suddenly - usb ports dead (all on the board), miner dead also (only fan is running). Changing the mainborad was no problem, warranty and was done between 3 days, but the miner...lol... you see how technobit communicates with customers...

never ever!

btw, anybody wants to by this thing?

Hi Zich,
another one.

Mistake!

Why ?

Is this "ground reference problem" described somewhere ? i mean, if i want to use a normal PSU and a rasp is there a solution ? Like soldering the miner ground with the raspi ground or something like that ?

What i understand here is that in certains conditions the board can "send back" 1.33V to the USB controller, wich can burn the controller if not protected.
What are those conditions, and where are they described ?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

HEY MARTO! THIS IS YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Refunds can be made if We are late on the stated shipping period. Before that orders are not refundable

YOU ARE LATE ON SHIPPING! END OF JANUARY IS NOT MID FEBRUARY! YOU DID NOT KEEP THE CONTRACT! KEEP YOUR MINERS AND SEND MY MONEY BACK! NOW! I AM NOT YOUR CUSTOMER CLOWN! YOU DIDN'T DELIVER ON TIME SO I WANT A FULL REFUND NOW!

WE ARE STILL DONE! SEND MY MONEY BACK!

ORDER # NNSYXOTWA
16jZyuvufXgJsX3Pe94WtqL6jVQn2dHgWC

WELL, MY ORDER ARE TOOOOOO LATEEEEEE

REFUND ALSO ME NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!  END OF NOVEMBER SHIPPING !!! LOLLLLLLLL

ORDER = XNZITCWXQ
BTC 175BZZwesornnpTebF21FdS7XwyTgTML6Y

legendary
Activity: 1190

Hi Zich,
another one.

Mistake!

How? putting out a molex? this is a compact desktop; it is not possible
do you think miner burnt my pc i/o ?

Ouchh, we thought you use normal desktop PC. Then you can not use that compact desktop to mine.
If after disconnect the miner, your PC still freeze then some component already burn.
legendary
Activity: 1190

Hi Zich,
another one.

Mistake!

Why ?

Activity: 77

Refunds can be made if We are late on the stated shipping period. Before that orders are not refundable

YOU ARE LATE ON SHIPPING! END OF JANUARY IS NOT MID FEBRUARY! YOU DID NOT KEEP THE CONTRACT! KEEP YOUR MINERS AND SEND MY MONEY BACK! NOW! I AM NOT YOUR CUSTOMER CLOWN! YOU DIDN'T DELIVER ON TIME SO I WANT A FULL REFUND NOW!

ORDER # NNSYXOTWA

Activity: 77

ORDER # NNSYXOTWA

Hi Zich,
another one.

Mistake!

Why ?

Hi Zich,
another one.

Mistake!

How? putting out a molex? this is a compact desktop; it is not possible
do you think miner burnt my pc i/o ?
legendary
Activity: 1610

Hi Zich,
another one.

Mistake!
Pages:
Jump to: