Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 142. (Read 408656 times)

legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
March 05, 2016, 08:15:24 PM
I contacted the creator of this Terracoin Android Wallet and he said he would be happy to help us with android development!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vasilkoff.terracoinwallet
legendary
March 05, 2016, 07:59:54 PM
Looks like Coinplorer went out of sync yesterday, contacted them to have them take a look.

Thanks for contacting them.  After you posted I noticed that this one: https://bitinfocharts.com/terracoin/explorer/ was outdated by about a year so I contacted them too.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
March 05, 2016, 01:44:17 PM
Looks like Coinplorer went out of sync yesterday, contacted them to have them take a look.
legendary
March 04, 2016, 07:21:37 PM

Two things here:

1) The vircurex staff is quite slow when it comes to performing actions. For example, the whole wallet service was down for a month until it was noticed (maybe staff was on holiday). However, they DO work on things, it's just that it feels like they are not responding to mails. Have you got any response from them lately?

2) How would it in practice work to switch to a newer wallet? Assuming vircurex would not update their wallet, is the only option to withdraw to an OWN wallet of the older version (probably downloadable somewhere) and then update that one? What about Cryptopia now, if they add TRC, I presume it'll be the old wallet(?) - if that's the case, then withdrawing from vircurex straight to Cryptipia while they are still on the old wallet would be the easiest solution, right? And lastly, why would any coins be lost in the process as you could at any point use the old own wallet to withdraw to and update it if needed? I'm a bit confused about these things

1. I haven't gotten a response.  I think Vircurex may just be one dude which is why they are so slow to respond to change.  Once the new wallet is in the testing phase then I will create a new community task to have everyone email and warn Vircurex to update the wallet.  I think with enough emails they will be made aware.  I would recommend removing all of your TRC to a local wallet before that time.  It is really in Vircurex's best interest to update the wallet, so I don't think they will willingly not update their wallet.

2. The old wallet is linked to in this OP.  To switch to a new wallet you should just be able to download the new wallet client and replace it.  Always back up your wallet.dat file first.  I actually back up my wallet.dat file (renamed) to a cloud backup service as well.  I am going to update the poll today or tomorrow to ask the question about adding to Cryptopia.  We have around 3 million DOT donated to get us added to Cryptopia but it might be better to wait until we have the new wallet.  I sent Cryptopia a support request asking if we should wait, and if we could get in on their 500k Cryptsy crash cheaper add.  I have not heard back yet, but if they agree I will sell the left over 2.5 million DOT that has been donated and buy TRC to be added to the logo bounty.

You should not lose any coins by updating the wallet (when it happens).  You only could lose coins by staying with the old wallet.  Since everything is peer to peer once 51% of the people have switched to the new wallet your old wallet just won't work so all of the coins in there will not be accepted by other wallets until you update it.  I am not sure if I answered your questions.  Tell me what I missed.
legendary
March 04, 2016, 01:59:05 PM
The logo design bounty thread has been updated. Donations have now totaled 17,450 TRC!

If anyone would like to give a shot at designing one for the contest, head over to the thread here.. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trc-terracoin-new-logographics-contest-vote-1375662

Easy way to earn yourself a nice chunk of TerraCoin.
legendary
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
March 04, 2016, 08:03:56 AM
get Terra listed on cryptopia Wink
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
March 04, 2016, 03:27:48 AM
An important question. If the wallet is updated for TRC and vircurex does not update it, will we still be able to withdraw our coins to the updated wallet?

The new wallet will be a hard fork, which means that there will basically be a popularity contest.  We will need to get 51% of everyone switched to the new wallet for the coins used on the new wallet to be legitimate.  Once we are in the testing phase of the new wallet we will be aggressively warning everyone that a new wallet is going to appear and that they need to update their wallet when it comes out.

If for some reason Vircurex absolutely refuses to update their wallet and we get 51% of everyone else to update theirs then TRC on Vircurex will no longer be valid.  The coins on there will not be any coin.  I seriously doubt that will happen though.  So far everyone I have talked with eagerly welcome a new wallet.

Two things here:

1) The vircurex staff is quite slow when it comes to performing actions. For example, the whole wallet service was down for a month until it was noticed (maybe staff was on holiday). However, they DO work on things, it's just that it feels like they are not responding to mails. Have you got any response from them lately?

2) How would it in practice work to switch to a newer wallet? Assuming vircurex would not update their wallet, is the only option to withdraw to an OWN wallet of the older version (probably downloadable somewhere) and then update that one? What about Cryptopia now, if they add TRC, I presume it'll be the old wallet(?) - if that's the case, then withdrawing from vircurex straight to Cryptipia while they are still on the old wallet would be the easiest solution, right? And lastly, why would any coins be lost in the process as you could at any point use the old own wallet to withdraw to and update it if needed? I'm a bit confused about these things
legendary
March 03, 2016, 10:46:38 AM
An important question. If the wallet is updated for TRC and vircurex does not update it, will we still be able to withdraw our coins to the updated wallet?

The new wallet will be a hard fork, which means that there will basically be a popularity contest.  We will need to get 51% of everyone switched to the new wallet for the coins used on the new wallet to be legitimate.  Once we are in the testing phase of the new wallet we will be aggressively warning everyone that a new wallet is going to appear and that they need to update their wallet when it comes out.

If for some reason Vircurex absolutely refuses to update their wallet and we get 51% of everyone else to update theirs then TRC on Vircurex will no longer be valid.  The coins on there will not be any coin.  I seriously doubt that will happen though.  So far everyone I have talked with eagerly welcome a new wallet.
Activity: 95
March 03, 2016, 07:23:41 AM
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
March 02, 2016, 03:02:25 PM
Call me crazy, but merged mining should not affect what would be considered calculation of difficulty per node; the difference being is that the merged mining component (node) is mining with varied hash and share rates, causing the calculation of difficulty per node to be more difficult since those two variable would be changing.  In other words, the difficulty would be changing for a merged mine node every instance of check-in on the blockchain, share, block find and any other event on the blockchain.

I am approaching this strictly from a mining point of view, specifically p2pool merged mining pools.  To that end, I have run a view with the merged mining pool option which was basically making sure that time was optimized per hash. 

I am suggesting that the calculation would not change, just the frequency.  If I am wrong, please let me know and where to find the calculation.
legendary
March 02, 2016, 01:11:42 AM
DOT donations are at 1,918,996/5,000,00 DOT.  Please donate towards us getting on Cryptopia!  Here is the address - 1N5qY9gqYSeoPwTcdm2zcRZebdMMTyBZrx
legendary
February 28, 2016, 04:31:55 PM
New Community task:  All links on all websites point to old TRC information. If you are on a website and you notice that they have old links to the old website, or are missing the bitcointalk forum please have the website update their info with the correct links. Or post a link on here and I will email the website. Thanks!

If you want to discuss it on reddit then here is the link  https://www.reddit.com/r/Terracoin/comments/485bf5/new_community_task_update_info_on_outdated/
legendary
February 28, 2016, 04:10:47 PM
I say we use DGW for the difficulty retarget algo. Will work well for rapidly adjusting hashrate and will definitely improve mining for Terracoin over the shortcomings of a standard 2016 block retarget.

I agree!  Dark Gravity Wave seems like a pretty security option.  Does anyone else have any other suggestions or does this work for everyone?
legendary
February 28, 2016, 01:39:41 PM
I say we use DGW for the difficulty retarget algo. Will work well for rapidly adjusting hashrate and will definitely improve mining for Terracoin over the shortcomings of a standard 2016 block retarget.
legendary
February 26, 2016, 11:49:31 PM
This is the last detail that we need to have for the developers so please put your hat in the ring and lets decided on the difficulty readjustment.

After a few people have posted some opinions and if there is some disagreement I will post a new poll.

Updated News:

DOT donations are at - 298,953/5,000,000 DOT for the Cryptopia buy in.  You can donate to my address: 1N5qY9gqYSeoPwTcdm2zcRZebdMMTyBZrx or transfer DOT to me on Cryptopia.  My username is clockuniverse.

Craslovell is running a logo redesign contest here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375662.0 to donate to the bounty you can send TRC here:  16ffGRgxEd2oYpwZf3TRgCVAj6ja9b3WEY  We are at 2000 TRC as of now.

TRC and DOT is very cheap right now so I think we all can throw a few of each towards our goals.

If you want to get TRC on Cryptopia then throw some DOT at that address.

If we want a new and improved logo we need to pay people their worth so throw some TRC at that address!

I have transferred TRC and BTC in and out of Vircurex as a test in the past week or so with no problems.  The buy orders on Vircurex for TRC is around .00000500.  I imagine this is the last time it will be so cheap.
Activity: 75
February 26, 2016, 05:55:13 AM
1. SHA-256 Algorithm
2. 42 Million coins (I don't think this should ever change)
3. 20 TRC per block
4. Merge mining

These are areas up for immediate discussion which hopefully we can agree on in a week.  I want to have a clear path for the developer(s) in a week.

1. Difficulty recalculation at 540 blocks.  Up/Down?
2. Reward halving at 1050000 blocks.  Up/Down?
3. Blocks generated every 2 minutes?  Up/Down?

I am not trying to disregard anyone's input, and I want more input like we have been getting.

I just feel like we need to stop the bleeding before the patient dies.
Heres my opinion for everything.

I'm all for keeping algo SHA-256 with Bitcoin block halving coming some miners might be interested in moving to another coin if we can get some value on TRC they might make the move.

42 Millions coins I agree shouldn't change.

20 TRC per block another thing that shouldn't change with the exception of block halving.

Merge Mining...........I need to do more research on this before I can give opinion .

Difficulty Recalculation....I think maybe we should be looking into another coins retarget strategy over the last two years MANY options have popped up.

Reward Halving Keep as is once every ~4 years.

Block Generation keep @ every 2 min.

Yeah agree we have options, there are many good advances in retargeting like DS from dogecoin or KGW from auroracoin.

This detail is very important for terracoin because we use SHA-256 so a miner can effectively:
  • point a lot of hash power to make lots of coins, quick re targeting will prevent that
  • when the miner leaves the target will be so high it will take long time to mine a block

Checkout the discussion here https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9789-breakdown-of-difficulty-re-targeting-algos/

legendary
February 25, 2016, 10:02:59 PM
how  can  i design a new logo HuhHuh Huh Huh Huh
what  do  u  mean  Huh

Right here buddy https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trc-terracoin-new-logographics-contest-vote-1375662

Make it look pretty, and you will win 2,000 + TRC

Also, feel free to hop on the network and start mining some  Wink
legendary
February 25, 2016, 09:45:32 PM
what  do  u  mean  Huh

Four posts above this one has info about the Terracoin Logo design bounty.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
February 25, 2016, 09:42:28 PM
what  do  u  mean  Huh
legendary
February 25, 2016, 09:26:06 PM
hi
how  can i  get  this  coin ? Huh Huh Huh  i  have 00 TRC   Cry Cry Cry
can  u  help  me      1HdVGYRs51e8Dop5SFNTaZTrkmdDgwzdZ2

The only place you can buy it right now is Vircurex.  If you can design a new logo then you could get some that way...
Jump to: