Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 139. (Read 408656 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
April 14, 2016, 05:39:28 AM
Today is the last chance to participate in the TRC logo competition

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trc-terracoin-new-logographics-contest-vote-1375662
Activity: 75
April 12, 2016, 07:37:36 AM
I guess now I have a good reason to pull my 60GH BFL miner back from the dead
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
April 10, 2016, 03:07:50 PM
I decided to use the github wiki feature instead of starting a new wiki on the terracoin.info site.  It was cloned over from the original terracoin github when I cloned the code, so there is a ton of typos and generally incorrect info.   I did some editing to the wiki currently but I could use the  help!  Thanks!  https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0/wiki
legendary
April 09, 2016, 10:42:04 PM
Four more days left until the logo contest ends!  Everyone should scroll through the submissions and start getting ready to vote on them!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/trc-terracoin-new-logographics-contest-vote-1375662
legendary
April 04, 2016, 08:06:15 PM
Anyone has faucet? I would luke to  accumulate some coin to trade i dont have a mining equipment.

I don't know of any that are still working but I googled it: https://www.google.com/search?q=terracoin+faucet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Try them out and if any of them work tell me and I will add them to the OP.
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
April 04, 2016, 08:02:33 PM
Anyone has faucet? I would luke to  accumulate some coin to trade i dont have a mining equipment.
legendary
April 04, 2016, 07:54:15 PM
The logo contest is getting some great submissions.  Check them out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375662.20

Wow, will be hard to vote Cheesy

Yes.  This is going to be nearly impossible.  I think the poll can only handle ten choices so I think I am going to have to break them up and have us do a pick of each group type of thing.  Interestingly enough, just for myself, I have been really liking the more abstract versions of the logo.  Either way, those dudes got some skills.

Edit:

I created a second place logo design address and sent 10,000 TRC from my personal stash to it.  We have gotten so many good designs that I think the second place person should get paid for their efforts.

If you want to donate to the logo bounty here are the two addresses:

1st place (52,990 TRC currently): 16ffGRgxEd2oYpwZf3TRgCVAj6ja9b3WEY
2nd place (10,000 TRC currently): 16zcrgaF3ztaabHngUYewa64kP1dVyGfBz

Another 1,990 TRC has been added to the 2nd place entry for the logo design contest.
legendary
March 31, 2016, 10:54:52 PM
The logo contest is getting some great submissions.  Check them out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375662.20

Yes.  This is going to be nearly impossible.  I think the poll can only handle ten choices so I think I am going to have to break them up and have us do a pick of each group type of thing.  Interestingly enough, just for myself, I have been really liking the more abstract versions of the logo.  Either way, those dudes got some skills.

Edit:

I created a second place logo design address and sent 10,000 TRC from my personal stash to it.  We have gotten so many good designs that I think the second place person should get paid for their efforts.

If you want to donate to the logo bounty here are the two addresses:

1st place (52,990 TRC currently): 16ffGRgxEd2oYpwZf3TRgCVAj6ja9b3WEY
2nd place (10,000 TRC currently): 16zcrgaF3ztaabHngUYewa64kP1dVyGfBz
Activity: 95
March 31, 2016, 04:32:49 AM
The logo contest is getting some great submissions.  Check them out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375662.20

legendary
March 29, 2016, 11:05:53 PM
Really great to hear.  This was one of the first "altcoins" that I had interest in.  I will make sure I have a full node up. Wink

Smiley TRC is also the first altcoin that I got interested in.
Because of that I started the TRC Foundation.
Just to be clear, I am not the original developer, but we are going to release a new wallet when we have figured out all of the eccentricities the original developer put in.

I went from 22 nodes to 35 in the past month of announcing the new foundation.

You should fire up that miner and try out the listed mining pools!  We always like input from miners on how well the mining pools work.  Post on here or PM me if they don't work.

Also, if you see outdated info on any website in regards to Terracoin either send them an email or post on here or PM me.

We are running a logo contest so that when it is done it is pretty obvious which sites are outdated.

Thanks man!
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
March 29, 2016, 08:21:50 PM
Really great to hear.  This was one of the first "altcoins" that I had interest in.  I will make sure I have a full node up. Wink
legendary
March 29, 2016, 07:10:57 PM
I remember mining this coin on Radeon 5830's!  Is it really going to come back?  Might have to put my Neptune back to work. Cheesy

It is really coming back!!  We have one developer looking over the code now.  If you know of anyone who wants to help out feel free to have either PM me or post on here or Reddit.  Thanks!

Activity: 650
Merit: 500
Pick and place? I need more coffee.
March 29, 2016, 01:02:07 AM
I remember mining this coin on Radeon 5830's!  Is it really going to come back?  Might have to put my Neptune back to work. Cheesy
legendary
March 28, 2016, 09:49:17 PM

I wouldn't trust downloading a Linux binary file.

Can you post instructions on how to compile the wallet on Linux instead?

Yeah i understand your doubt, so i deleted my last post with the wallet link

Here the instructions : (put "sudo" if permission denied)

Dependencies
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libtool autotools-dev autoconf automake libssl-dev libboost-all-dev  libminiupnpc-dev libdb++-dev libdb-dev qt4-qmake libqt4-dev libqrencode-dev libssl-dev git

Clone and compile:
Code:
sudo git clone https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0 && cd terracoin-1.0/src
Code:
make -f makefile.unix

To make the qt wallet:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0 && cd terracoin-1.0
Code:
qmake
Code:
make

-LinuxCompiler

I had an old laptop from work that I was going to recycle but I then decided it was the perfect machine to install Linux on.  I installed OpenSUSE: Leap on it.  I skipped the first step that you suggested just to see if it came with the dependencies required.

The second step worked perfectly but the third step didn't work at all.  I imagine that is because I didn't download the dependencies.

Once I get a wiki page working on the website I want to write a tutorial with screenshots, etc for that.  When I am ready can you help me with that?  Thanks!
legendary
March 26, 2016, 01:28:12 PM
The logo contest is getting some great submissions.  Check them out: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1375662.20
legendary
March 24, 2016, 10:53:07 PM
I will put this statement out there just so it is clear.  The Terracoin Foundation will not be engaging in any sort of unethical behavior whatsoever nor do we encourage supporters of TRC to do likewise even if it seems to help TRC.  There will be obstacles in the future of TRC and we will never do anything unethical to bypass those obstacles.
Statement also signed by me, as dev for Bitbar, about Bitbar
Spidersbox

I assumed you were on the same page.   Smiley

About the multipools, it totally makes sense to have control of what coins you are mining.
legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
March 24, 2016, 12:49:16 AM
Yeah, it is a pretty high standard for the lesser known cryptocoins, or for cryptocoins that are trying to be revived from the dead (such as TRC).
I am not sure what their cost is to have smaller cryptocoins on there, nor do I know their reasoning.
In an attempt to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps there are so many cryptocoins that it would be impossible to upkeep a website with so many constantly changing coins.
I am not going to worry about it, and I don't think you should either.
One day both Terracoin and Bitbar will be on there.
I'm not worried about it, I just need a tool to help me decide where to aim my miners.
Besides - I think it will be fun to make one   Smiley

Why not use multipools for that?
I like to have more control over the coins I'm mining. some of the coins that the multipools mine .. I don't want, and I don't want to deal with selling them, or getting bitcoin.
Besides, I like coding, and figuring out how to do it.
legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
March 24, 2016, 12:29:25 AM
I will put this statement out there just so it is clear.  The Terracoin Foundation will not be engaging in any sort of unethical behavior whatsoever nor do we encourage supports of TRC to do likewise even if it seems to help TRC.  There will be obstacles in the future of TRC and we will never do anything unethical to bypass those obstacles.
Statement also signed by me, as dev for Bitbar, about Bitbar
Spidersbox
legendary
March 23, 2016, 09:23:30 PM
I'd like to check interest about enabling Terracoin as a sidechain, to accept pegged transaction from bitcoin.
Effectively to enable TRC to add transactions form another blockchain.

If possible there will then be two types of transactions on Terracoin regular and those which are imported (those can be send back to btc)
I am just getting familiarized with sidechains however I think its a promising idea.

Bitcoin can be our sidechain.

Note:  I cannot tell if 3 posts replying with quotes is better or worse than 1 really long confusing post.
legendary
March 23, 2016, 09:21:49 PM
Well... Trade volume can be faked by selling and buying own orders (if one wants to spend about 0.004 BTC per day), but if that's ethically correct is up to you. That happened at Cryptsy with the XPY too...

That is a good point.

I will put this statement out there just so it is clear.  The Terracoin Foundation will not be engaging in any sort of unethical behavior whatsoever nor do we encourage supporters of TRC to do likewise even if it seems to help TRC.  There will be obstacles in the future of TRC and we will never do anything unethical to bypass those obstacles.
Jump to: