Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 138. (Read 408656 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 262
April 22, 2016, 01:25:04 AM
OK, then. I'm too busy to promote/manage a telegram group.
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
April 22, 2016, 12:33:27 AM

It depends on the popularity and security. Do you still think here and reddit is popular? I doubt. Too much ads, scams, nonsense. I don't think new reasonable people will like here.

If you use telegram, you can control the group. You can allow new user to join and kick out annoying person (who just posts ads or nonsense).

Right now, I think telegram is going to become the most popular secured communication tool.

BTW: Here (bitcointalk) is just becoming the announcement place. Not the place for deep discussion.

Sadly, here and Reddit are very popular.  A few different forum sites have asked me to move our discussions onto their sites, and part of the problem is keeping everything current.  Each new site means that each post that any member of the Foundation does needs to also be copy and pasted onto another site.

On this thread I deliberately didn't take control of the moderation because I didn't want people to think we were censoring them.  I almost immediately regretted it and I emailed the mod and asked for control of the thread.

He said that it was too late.

Now I feel good about it once again.  We are all on the same playing field.

If you want to lead the charge and run the telegram discussion, I will set up a telegram account and make you a mod.  We can use all the help we can get in regards to getting the word out.

As for the slack channel; it currently is only for the TRC Foundation members.  A lot of private information has been exchanged on there.
April 22, 2016, 12:07:01 AM
Do you guys use telegram? We can create group to communicate, so that the community links tight.

Right now the foundation is using slack for communication. Though I can check this out. Never used Telegram myself

I haven't used Telegram either.  What features does it have instead of just posting on here and reddit?

It depends on the popularity and security. Do you still think here and reddit is popular? I doubt. Too much ads, scams, nonsense. I don't think new reasonable people will like here.

If you use telegram, you can control the group. You can allow new user to join and kick out annoying person (who just posts ads or nonsense).

Right now, I think telegram is going to become the most popular secured communication tool.

BTW: Here (bitcointalk) is just becoming the announcement place. Not the place for deep discussion.
April 22, 2016, 12:01:56 AM
Check out the website: https://telegram.org/

BTW: Can you publish the slack group? How to enter it?
legendary
April 21, 2016, 09:40:54 AM
Do you guys use telegram? We can create group to communicate, so that the community links tight.

Right now the foundation is using slack for communication. Though I can check this out. Never used Telegram myself

I haven't used Telegram either.  What features does it have instead of just posting on here and reddit?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
April 21, 2016, 09:27:34 AM

April 21, 2016, 08:49:08 AM
legendary
April 20, 2016, 09:40:56 PM
We are narrowing the designs down now for voting. The best designs will be included in the voting thread and the winner of course will be the future logo of all things Terracoin  Wink

I have sent my votes into the Foundation so we should have a voting thread soon!
legendary
April 19, 2016, 11:25:46 AM
We are narrowing the designs down now for voting. The best designs will be included in the voting thread and the winner of course will be the future logo of all things Terracoin  Wink
legendary
April 16, 2016, 10:39:16 PM

hey there,

you should better select by your own as a team...public voting would be advisory for the results

The TRC Foundation has decided to narrow the list down to a few finalists before we open up the voting.  There are just too many to choose from right now.

then it should be ok, righter than just public voting

Yeah, thanks for the idea!
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
April 16, 2016, 02:16:04 AM
The logo contest has officially closed. I will be posting a new thread shortly to vote on the best designs. We need everyone's opinion on which one they like best. All forum members are welcome to vote!

hey there,

you should better select by your own as a team...public voting would be advisory for the results

The TRC Foundation has decided to narrow the list down to a few finalists before we open up the voting.  There are just too many to choose from right now.

then it should be ok, righter than just public voting
legendary
April 15, 2016, 08:00:43 PM
You realise that upgrading to bitcoin 0.12.x is going to take a LOT of work, right?

Yep! We have been working on it for almost two months now.  Our developer seems confident that he is in the final stretches of the change to BCT 1.2.  Once that has been done we will be releasing the new wallet, then we will start working on the merge mining and DGW.

We always can use any help that we can get though, so if you want to help or you know anyone feel free to PM me!
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
April 15, 2016, 07:54:38 PM
You realise that upgrading to bitcoin 0.12.x is going to take a LOT of work, right?
legendary
April 15, 2016, 07:31:03 PM
Any chance of multi-algo?

I looked into the multi-algo and currently it isn't in the works.  There have been a lot of different ideas for future development, but right now we want to get the three changes of BTC 1.2, merge mining, and DGW difficulty adjustment before we do anything else.  After that we will start exploring other options to improve Terracoin.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
April 15, 2016, 07:22:34 PM
Any chance of multi-algo?
legendary
April 15, 2016, 06:37:04 PM
The logo contest has officially closed. I will be posting a new thread shortly to vote on the best designs. We need everyone's opinion on which one they like best. All forum members are welcome to vote!

hey there,

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
April 15, 2016, 11:27:00 AM

hey there,

legendary
April 14, 2016, 12:37:53 PM

Awesome!  Those logos are going to be very hard to choose from.

In other news we are finishing up the first stage of the new wallets code.

Stage 1 for the new wallet is getting the code up to BCT 1.2 (I don't believe this will cause a hard fork).

Stage 2 add merge mining and DGW.

Another thing I will be doing is removing the tasks from the OP and the website and we will then be using the issues section of github.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!  Thanks!
legendary
April 14, 2016, 10:35:54 AM
legendary
April 14, 2016, 10:34:49 AM
I guess now I have a good reason to pull my 60GH BFL miner back from the dead

Indeed you do, mine them now before the difficulty increases  Wink
Jump to: