Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 140. (Read 408656 times)

legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
March 23, 2016, 09:14:47 PM
Yeah, it is a pretty high standard for the lesser known cryptocoins, or for cryptocoins that are trying to be revived from the dead (such as TRC).
I am not sure what their cost is to have smaller cryptocoins on there, nor do I know their reasoning.
In an attempt to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps there are so many cryptocoins that it would be impossible to upkeep a website with so many constantly changing coins.
I am not going to worry about it, and I don't think you should either.
One day both Terracoin and Bitbar will be on there.
I'm not worried about it, I just need a tool to help me decide where to aim my miners.
Besides - I think it will be fun to make one   Smiley

Why not use multipools for that?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
March 23, 2016, 08:21:15 AM
I'd like to check interest about enabling Terracoin as a sidechain, to accept pegged transaction from bitcoin.
Effectively to enable TRC to add transactions form another blockchain.

If possible there will then be two types of transactions on Terracoin regular and those which are imported (those can be send back to btc)
I am just getting familiarized with sidechains however I think its a promising idea.

Activity: 95
March 22, 2016, 03:17:13 AM
Well... Trade volume can be faked by selling and buying own orders (if one wants to spend about 0.004 BTC per day), but if that's ethically correct is up to you. That happened at Cryptsy with the XPY too...
legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
March 22, 2016, 12:01:40 AM
Yeah, it is a pretty high standard for the lesser known cryptocoins, or for cryptocoins that are trying to be revived from the dead (such as TRC).
I am not sure what their cost is to have smaller cryptocoins on there, nor do I know their reasoning.
In an attempt to give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps there are so many cryptocoins that it would be impossible to upkeep a website with so many constantly changing coins.
I'm not worried about it, I just need a tool to help me decide where to aim my miners.
Besides - I think it will be fun to make one   Smiley
legendary
March 21, 2016, 11:50:44 PM
legendary
March 21, 2016, 10:31:29 PM

I have emailed coinwarz twice and heard nothing back, though they don't really know who I am.  They just delisted TRC on 2/8/16 (http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/terracoin).  I imagine with Cryptsy going down that was their reasoning.

Maybe if enough people email them they will relist it?

It looks like Bitbar has been delisted for almost a year.  Why do you think they do that?
I don't know. Maybe someone will put up a new site with more coins so it would be useful.

I looked at their FAQ.  It says:

"Most importantly, the cryptocurrency trade volume in Bitcoin (BTC) must be at least 1 BTC for the last 24 hours to even be considered."

That is going to knock out most coins.
One one coin (litecoin) is at least 1BTC / 24hr on Cryptopia.
Never mind - I'll do it myself.
legendary
March 21, 2016, 10:26:19 PM

I have emailed coinwarz twice and heard nothing back, though they don't really know who I am.  They just delisted TRC on 2/8/16 (http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/terracoin).  I imagine with Cryptsy going down that was their reasoning.

It looks like Bitbar has been delisted for almost a year.  Why do you think they do that?
I don't know. Maybe someone will put up a new site with more coins so it would be useful.

I looked at their FAQ.  It says:

"Most importantly, the cryptocurrency trade volume in Bitcoin (BTC) must be at least 1 BTC for the last 24 hours to even be considered."

That is going to knock out most coins.
legendary
March 21, 2016, 10:20:29 PM

legendary
March 21, 2016, 10:14:25 PM
SHA-256 algo again,shit!

SHA-256 is great, as it allows all the folks that got outflanked mining BTC to have something else that might or might not be profitable to mine with their obsolete sha asics.

I'm thinking that when bitcoin halves, even some of the people with newer equipment will be looking around for a replacement sha256 coin.

Too bad coinwarz dropped so many coins. You might be able to get them to re-list TRC.
I've tried a couple of times to get Bitbar (BTB) re-listed, but they don't even answer my emails anymore.

Maybe it's time for a better web site to compare crypto-currencies.

legendary
March 21, 2016, 09:58:34 AM
SHA-256 algo again,shit!

SHA-256 is great, as it allows all the folks that got outflanked mining BTC to have something else that might or might not be profitable to mine with their obsolete sha asics.

I'm thinking that when bitcoin halves, even some of the people with newer equipment will be looking around for a replacement sha256 coin.

Too bad coinwarz dropped so many coins. You might be able to get them to re-list TRC.
I've tried a couple of times to get Bitbar (BTB) re-listed, but they don't even answer my emails anymore.

Maybe it's time for a better web site to compare crypto-currencies.
Activity: 75
March 21, 2016, 05:54:06 AM
SHA-256 algo again,shit!

+1 on that maybe my 60GH BFL will come to some good use.
Activity: 113
March 21, 2016, 02:56:16 AM
SHA-256 algo again,shit!

legendary
March 20, 2016, 08:00:24 PM
I have two test Window's VMs on an old server and I was thinking of trying to spin up another one for Linux, but I seriously doubt the server could handle it.

I was planning on recycling an old piece of crap work laptop on Monday or Tuesday, but it just dawned on me that I could use it as a test Linux box.

Which Linux distributions does everyone recommend for a newbie?  I haven't used Linux since Mandrake probably 15 years ago.

I installed the Wiki plugin for the website yesterday and I plan to clean it up Tuesday or Wednesday and allow other people to post on it then.  I want one of the first things to be on there to be how to compile on Linux, with all of the side issues that Spidersbox mentioned.

No new updates; besides that the developer is working hard on the mess that is the TRC code.

If anyone wants to help feel free to PM me.  Thanks!
legendary
March 19, 2016, 01:40:27 PM

I wouldn't trust downloading a Linux binary file.

Can you post instructions on how to compile the wallet on Linux instead?

Yeah i understand your doubt, so i deleted my last post with the wallet link

Here the instructions : (put "sudo" if permission denied)

clone and compile:

Code:
sudo git clone https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0 && cd terracoin-1.0/src
Code:
make -f makefile.unix
to make the qt wallet:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0 && cd terracoin-1.0
Code:
qmake
Code:
make

-LinuxCompiler

Thanks for posting the instructions.  I thought it was a lot more complicated.  I will be setting up an FAQ sometime soon and I will put those instructions there.

Update:  The logo bounty is at 52,990 TRC!!  Thanks to the anonymous donors!

you have to have the dependencies for the build environment also.
Maybe LinuxCompiler could list which version libraries used ie.,  boost, berkeleyBD ...
what to do when you figure out "libdb4.8++ is no longer available".

It can be complicated for new(er) users.
legendary
March 19, 2016, 10:02:43 AM

clone and compile:

Code:
sudo git clone https://github.com/clockuniverse/terracoin-1.0 && cd terracoin-1.0/src
Code:
make -f makefile.unix
to make the qt wallet:
Code:
Code:
qmake
Code:
make

-LinuxCompiler

Thanks for posting the instructions.  I thought it was a lot more complicated.  I will be setting up an FAQ sometime soon and I will put those instructions there.

Update:  The logo bounty is at 52,990 TRC!!  Thanks to the anonymous donors!
Activity: 64
March 18, 2016, 03:42:39 AM
SHA-256 algo again,shit!
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
March 18, 2016, 03:19:36 AM

Dependencies
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libtool autotools-dev autoconf automake libssl-dev libboost-all-dev  libminiupnpc-dev libdb++-dev libdb-dev qt4-qmake libqt4-dev libqrencode-dev libssl-dev git

Clone and compile:
Code:
Code:
make -f makefile.unix

To make the qt wallet:
Code:
Code:
qmake
Code:
make

-LinuxCompiler
legendary
March 17, 2016, 12:01:50 PM

legendary
March 16, 2016, 08:42:07 PM
@craslovell

keep it yella (yellow) Wink

I assume you mean the logo?  Since having an outdated poll on the top of the ANN is counter productive I will update the poll with this question.

And since I throw up a poll for everything...

(Don't be offended.  I am making fun of myself!)
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
March 16, 2016, 09:52:42 AM
@craslovell

keep it yella (yellow) Wink
Jump to: