Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 63. (Read 226887 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
Is that why registration is closed?
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
Pool is currently being DDoS'ed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you haven't done so already, it is important to set up automatic failover to other pools (especially P2Pool, if you can run your own node) or to solo mining. This is ridiculously easy to do with cgminer.

Still being DDoS'ed?

Nuts, man, asshats doing this should be hanged.

Agreed, this sucks. Whats the point to dDos a pool?

Knock down the network hashrate, pool hash rate, grudge against pooler as I see notroll been up all day. Could be jagoffs that are bored.

I thought about that, a competitor pool trolling in malice. Bored jagoffs? Must be nice to have time like that to burn except spend it developing something worth while that generates profit  Angry

Im sure pooler is working hard on the situation but any status updates?
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
If you haven't done so already, it is important to set up automatic failover to other pools (especially P2Pool, if you can run your own node) or to solo mining. This is ridiculously easy to do with cgminer.

Still being DDoS'ed?

Knock down the network hashrate, pool hash rate, grudge against pooler as I see notroll been up all day. Could be jagoffs that are bored.
Activity: 400
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

Still being DDoS'ed?

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

Still being DDoS'ed?

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

Still being DDoS'ed?
Activity: 114
Merit: 100
Is there point to do solo mining with two ATi7950 ?
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Activity: 38
is it just me or the pool is really unstable over last couple of days?

my workers are currently getting "Weird response from server" error (using Reaper).

Why did you guys re-opened the registration when you can't handle the load?
Activity: 225
Regarding adaptive difficulty: Is it calculated on worker or user basis?
Worker.
Because of how the Stratum protocol works, however, difficulty can only be set per connection, so if you use the proxy all the workers connecting through it will share the same share target/difficulty. Currently the behavior of the pool is to adapt the difficulty to the fastest worker connecting through the proxy.

Ok, I grouped my miners by hashing power and connected each group to a dedicated stratum proxy.
This looks much better now. Thanks for that hint again.

Anyway I think your strategy of (re-) setting the difficulty is too aggressive:
Code:
2013-04-04 09:15:17,763 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new difficulty: 2
2013-04-04 09:17:40,588 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new difficulty: 4
2013-04-04 09:19:41,523 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new difficulty: 2
2013-04-04 09:20:51,522 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new difficulty: 4
2013-04-04 09:35:46,359 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new difficulty: 2
2013-04-04 09:37:03,026 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new difficulty: 4
2013-04-04 09:47:03,902 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new difficulty: 2
2013-04-04 09:47:42,615 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new difficulty: 16
2013-04-04 09:49:56,160 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new difficulty: 4
See the difficulty jumping from 2 to 16 after only 40 seconds (while is was rather constant before)?
Hi,
I just moved to GUIMiner-Scrypt today and I am getting an Unusually high number of Invalids with this

636.14 kH/s    Speed  663,538 Valid   16,176 (2.38%) Stale   77,264 (10.21%) INvalid   0 Blocks found

This is on a 7950 Running GUIMiner-Scrypt with host litecoinpool.org:3333 Stratum on and 7950 Preset option (high Usage)
Check your settings. Usually a shit ton of invalids are caused by your intensity being set too high.
Thanks, I have it running at I:20 although that is the recommendation, ill change it Smiley thank you.
For reference: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1731329

How can I change my wallet address in my account?
If you have locked the payout address and want to unlock it, please contact me via email or on IRC.
Activity: 20
How can I change my wallet address in my account?

thanks
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Hi,
I just moved to GUIMiner-Scrypt today and I am getting an Unusually high number of Invalids with this

636.14 kH/s    Speed  663,538 Valid   16,176 (2.38%) Stale   77,264 (10.21%) INvalid   0 Blocks found

This is on a 7950 Running GUIMiner-Scrypt with host litecoinpool.org:3333 Stratum on and 7950 Preset option (high Usage)

Check your settings. Usually a shit ton of invalids are caused by your intensity being set too high.
Thanks, I have it running at I:20 although that is the recommendation, ill change it Smiley thank you.
Activity: 914
Merit: 500
Hi,

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Hi,

Activity: 914
Merit: 500
Currently only seeing ~1% stale using stratum and ~2.5% stale using getwork. Things seem to be smoothing out.
Worker.
Because of how the Stratum protocol works, however, difficulty can only be set per connection, so if you use the proxy all the workers connecting through it will share the same share target/difficulty. Currently the behavior of the pool is to adapt the difficulty to the fastest worker connecting through the proxy.
Activity: 225
Activity: 462
Same problem. not able to connect.

EDIT
Still not able to connect, even tho the users connected have got up again?

Anyone else having issues?

NEVERMIND
been changing the config for cgminer to much... forgot that it required username.worker (tried solo a bit and removed username.)
Activity: 38
do you have some issues again? my workers can't connect. Also the number of users dropped from 1k to 430.
Pages:
Jump to: