Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 64. (Read 226887 times)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100
When my new PC comes I can make some money now (or at least pay for the power)  Grin
$4.32 (time of writing)  Someone is messing with the market here!!  From $0.66 (or less) last week to $4.32 what!  Huh Shocked
Something is fishy here.  If it staying close to this figure or increases litecoin miners can make some money! Yay
Activity: 914
Merit: 500
I'm getting bad stales. 4.58%. Usually it was under 1%.

I'm seeing 0.9% on cgminer+stratum clients and 1.9% on cpuminer+stratum proxy clients.

If your machine is really slow and the stratum proxy is competing for CPU cycles with the litecoin miner, that could probably lead to higher stales.
Looks like we're back!  Grin

EDIT: And difficulty was just bumped up from 16 to 32 Wink
Activity: 114
Merit: 100
And price of LTC is going over the roof.  Huh
It looks that somebody started pushing in serious money. I wonder if it is good for us or bad.  Undecided
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
yes problem going on with the site
site having problems?
Activity: 616
Merit: 526
Are there any server issues now? Mining has stopped now.
Well, all I can say is that pool-wise stratum users average a much lower stalerate, normally under 1%.
Also keep in mind that the "My Account" statistics take into account all the shares you submitted since the workers were created, unless you reset them.

Yeah, I reset them this morning because I started to suspect higher than average stales.

Currently all my miners are around 1.5% stale. This doesn't seem much lower from when I was using getwork, but it might be because the pool is under more load?
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
site having problems?
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
I'm still seeing a high number of stales from both cpuminer (using stratum proxy on LAN) and cgminer (latest 2.11.3 using stratum and --no-submit-stale) from multiple locations. My cpuminers using the stratum proxy are between ~3.5-0.8% stales and my instances of cgminer are seeing ~1.8% stale according to the "My Account" statistics.

Are these the expected stale percentages for stratum? They still seem a bit high.
Well, all I can say is that pool-wise stratum users average a much lower stalerate, normally under 1%.
Also keep in mind that the "My Account" statistics take into account all the shares you submitted since the workers were created, unless you reset them.

I thought I seen something for failback pool for stratum proxy, or is this in my mind?

How would I set up stratum proxy to fallback to a secondary pool if primary pool goes down?
As far as I know the proxy itself doesn't support failover. If you were using a failover script for cpuminer I think you can keep using that, you just need to replace litecoinpool.org:9332 with yourlocaladdress:8332.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
I thought I seen something for failback pool for stratum proxy, or is this in my mind?

How would I set up stratum proxy to fallback to a secondary pool if primary pool goes down?

Edit:
For the trouble, I ain't got much, but I'm sending you one litecoin for the troubles. Edit:Sent one LTC.
Thank you very much! Smiley

You're welcomed. This is weird, I sent the one litecoin to LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7 , and it is stuck on a ?, I've been transferring ltc back and forth with my wallet and has been working fine. Could this be the address problem?

It finally went through.
I'm getting lower khash/s rate using cpuminer with stratum proxy. Normally I get around 20.02khash/s without stratum. With stratum, cpuminer is hashing away at 16khash/s.

This is a possibility if you're running the stratum proxy and the miner on the same machine, especially if the machine is under powered.

I am, yup, I don't have a second machine to use for stratum proxy. I don't like this.

My stales are higher than normal as well, like you said above, I used to be under 1% stales, but it's jumping from 1.45% to 3%.

I disabled my VPN, as prior, I would get lower stales using vpn, seems great now that I disabled my vpn. Disregard above, I will report back in 24 hours after a good long haul on my ISP's connection, same with the stales, stales are lower since I disabled my vpn.
I'm getting lower khash/s rate using cpuminer with stratum proxy. Normally I get around 20.02khash/s without stratum. With stratum, cpuminer is hashing away at 16khash/s.

This is a possibility if you're running the stratum proxy and the miner on the same machine, especially if the machine is under powered.
In order to encourage miners to adopt the new Stratum protocol, which allows for very low stale rates, we are not paying for stale shares anymore. To compensate for this, the PPS fee has been lowered to 4%.

• If you are using a recent version of cgminer, you are already taking advantage of Stratum.
  • If you are using reaper, you are strongly encouraged to use cgminer instead.
  • If you are using cpuminer, you can lower your stale rate by running the Stratum proxy. You only need to run one proxy for all of your miners, as long as they are all within the same local network. More information about setting it up is available on the help page.

I'm still seeing a high number of stales from both cpuminer (using stratum proxy on LAN) and cgminer (latest 2.11.3 using stratum and --no-submit-stale) from multiple locations. My cpuminers using the stratum proxy are between ~3.5-0.8% stales and my instances of cgminer are seeing ~1.8% stale according to the "My Account" statistics.

Are these the expected stale percentages for stratum? They still seem a bit high.
Now my cpu miner does not want to connect to stratum proxy.
Code:
C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\pooler-cpuminer-2.2.3-win64>minerd --url 192.168.1.139:9332 --userpass removed:removed --threads 3
[2013-04-02 08:40:04] 3 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2013-04-02 08:40:05] HTTP request failed: couldn't connect to host
[2013-04-02 08:40:05] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds
I removed username and password from above, but, I triple checked and they are correct. I disabled my firewall as well.

By default the proxy listens on port 8332, not 9332.

I'm so ahead of my self, I skipped the port set. Thank you, so much pooler for the help, I am now up and mining cpuminer on stratum proxy.
Code:
C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\pooler-cpuminer-2.2.3-win64>minerd --url 192.168.1.139:9332 --userpass removed:removed --threads 3
I removed username and password from above, but, I triple checked and they are correct. I disabled my firewall as well.
By default the proxy listens on port 8332, not 9332.

For the trouble, I ain't got much, but I'm sending you one litecoin for the troubles. Edit:Sent one LTC.
Thank you very much! Smiley

Code:
C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\pooler-cpuminer-2.2.3-win64>minerd --url 192.168.1.139:93
32 --userpass removed:removed --threads 3

I removed username and password from above, but, I triple checked and they are correct. I disabled my firewall as well. My internal network ip is 192.168.1.139

Yea it just don't work. I cd into the startum proxy location, with cmd, here is the output.

Code:
C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Mining Proxy>miner_proxy -pa scrypt -o litecoinpool.org -
p 3333
'miner_proxy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

That error seems clear enough to me. You have no program called "miner_proxy" in the directory. How is the executable you've got called? If you downloaded it from the pool the filename is probably mining_proxy.exe.

It's called mining_proxy.exe.

I tried
Code:
miner_proxy.exe -pa scrypt -o litecoinpool.org -p 3333
still don't work.

Also,
Code:
C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Mining Proxy>miner_proxy.exe -pa scrypt -o litecoinpool.o
rg -p 3333
'miner_proxy.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Mining Proxy>

OMG, i figured it out. Derp.

Yea it just don't work. I cd into the startum proxy location, with cmd, here is the output.

Code:
C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Mining Proxy>miner_proxy -pa scrypt -o litecoinpool.org -
p 3333
'miner_proxy' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

That error seems clear enough to me. You have no program called "miner_proxy" in the directory. How is the executable you've got called? If you downloaded it from the pool the filename is probably mining_proxy.exe.
lolz, boy im so frustrated right now. this thing points to .ru pool, not to ltcpool, none of the cmds work. ugh...
Pages:
Jump to: