Author

Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched! - page 138. (Read 573056 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
however, they will need to sell eventually, otherwise their payouts will decrease and miners will move elsewhere.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
these sell walls will disappear as soon as (and if) aggressive buy orders appear.

Aggressive buy orders are unlikely to appear. Why pay X for a coin where there are people willing to sell it for less than X? Until the majority of dumpers have offloaded their coins at the best rate they can manage we will not see aggressive buy orders, unless it is a pump. Massive buy orders appearing at the top of the queue like we have at the moment are signs of a pump. The persons placing these large LTC orders are not expecting people to sell into them but instead they are expecting others to buy above them which means they are probably trying to dump their own coins at an inflated price. As soon as folk start selling en masse the buy orders will be cancelled and the price will fall - this is their money remember, they aren't going to let you sell them coins for more than they can get them by removing their buy order and placing it lower down the list.

A bit of wisdom i received back when I first started day trading was "When you notice a pump starting chances are they are already dumping".

It will be a fun 24 hours for sure though!

the sell walls will either move or are actual sales from multipools. in this case, the price needs to go down to accommodate their selling. i am absolutely willing to clear the sell walls at 5 litoshi Smiley.
From my my experience observing the behavior of the multi-pools, they place sell orders, instead of selling into the buy orders, this generally gives them a 2-5% advantage in pricing on any given coin, once the sell orders are in place they leave them as unresolved coins against the amount owed to individual miners. This can be observed at both middlecoin and others that have large volumes of unexchanged coins.
these sell walls will disappear as soon as (and if) aggressive buy orders appear.

Aggressive buy orders are unlikely to appear. Why pay X for a coin where there are people willing to sell it for less than X? Until the majority of dumpers have offloaded their coins at the best rate they can manage we will not see aggressive buy orders, unless it is a pump. Massive buy orders appearing at the top of the queue like we have at the moment are signs of a pump. The persons placing these large LTC orders are not expecting people to sell into them but instead they are expecting others to buy above them which means they are probably trying to dump their own coins at an inflated price. As soon as folk start selling en masse the buy orders will be cancelled and the price will fall - this is their money remember, they aren't going to let you sell them coins for more than they can get them by removing their buy order and placing it lower down the list.

A bit of wisdom i received back when I first started day trading was "When you notice a pump starting chances are they are already dumping".

the sell walls will either move or are actual dumps from multipools. in this case, the price needs to go down to accommodate their selling. i am absolutely willing to clear the sell walls at 5 litoshi Smiley.

so you believe someone is now pumping tips. I am skeptical about this, but let's see.

At our current hash rate it might not happen til this coming weekend. And besides it's just people trading currency that's stuck in cryptsy's system, since no one can get coins in or out until some multi pool comes in and solves a whole bunch of blocks again.
Activity: 154

I think a lot of those sell walls will disappear naturally over time, since I believe most of the sell orders are from multi pools, who will not be the major contenders of this coin any longer. It will return to its independent neck bearded roots. (as opposed to grass roots =P )
  I also believe we will hold the #13 spot on coinmarketcap by the end of the week.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
Won't the price tank hard when the diff gets low again
Speaking of which, has anyone checked to see how many total TIPS are in the sell orders on crypts? I am guessing about 4 bil, which is a fairly large chunk (and if this is the case, I think most hard sellers have their coins there already)
Activity: 182
I think many are expecting some sort of magical price increase once the KGW implementation kicks into effect. This is unlikely to happen. Instead we will likely see massive dumps from miners who are now able to mine considerably more coins without being left stranded at high difficulty. Multipools will not have much interest in this coin post block 51000 and therefore we will go back to a low difficulty with billions of coins being released onto the market for the purpose of being sold and miners will recognize that they are better to sell now and back in when the dump is over.

Expect price to go down to 40/41 until real demand from miners increases, thus increasing difficulty and increasing price. We need to focus on goods and services that this coin can be exchanged for as that is ultimately the only thing that will keep this coin alive. It is fantastic that KGW is coming but it also has the effect of keeping difficulty in tune with Nethash power - which is currently very low and not likely to increase until Fedoracoin becomes the best prospect - either due to the profit to be made mining it compared to other coins, or the goods and services that can be purchased with it.

Block 51,000 implements a fix for our problems with the difficulty, but that will not in itself have a positive effect on price. Only the block halving can be expected to spike the price and that is still a good day or 2 away I expect.

Did anyone expect anything different?
I only expect to BUY MOARR!
i am expecting kgw in order to have a functional coin.

miners will not mine more, but multipools will mine and dump less.
Activity: 154
I think many are expecting some sort of magical price increase once the KGW implementation kicks into effect. This is unlikely to happen. Instead we will likely see massive dumps from miners who are now able to mine considerably more coins without being left stranded at high difficulty. Multipools will not have much interest in this coin post block 51000 and therefore we will go back to a low difficulty with billions of coins being released onto the market for the purpose of being sold and miners will recognize that they are better to sell now and back in when the dump is over.

Expect price to go down to 40/41 until real demand from miners increases, thus increasing difficulty and increasing price. We need to focus on goods and services that this coin can be exchanged for as that is ultimately the only thing that will keep this coin alive. It is fantastic that KGW is coming but it also has the effect of keeping difficulty in tune with Nethash power - which is currently very low and not likely to increase until Fedoracoin becomes the best prospect - either due to the profit to be made mining it compared to other coins, or the goods and services that can be purchased with it.

Block 51,000 implements a fix for our problems with the difficulty, but that will not in itself have a positive effect on price. Only the block halving can be expected to spike the price and that is still a good day or 2 away I expect.
The best part is, once the difficulty retargeting kicks in, we will finally be able to move coins in less than 8 hours again.
actually the hard blocks are only 8.

everyone, pls put all your hashing power in until we get to block 51000.
Activity: 182
As I can see, diff is high, it is hard to mine fedora and price is not going up!? What will be different when new difficult algorithm take place? Mulitipools in not problem at this moment, why fedora price is still low!?
The difference is the multipools get 96% of the coin mining 15 mins a day and dump it on the market based on their usd/hashrate. Where I will mine and sit on my stash til I see 2k latoshis

Good thing to sit on those coins- I hope everybody remember the beginnings of doge, right?
And besides- I can say that I'm a millionaire, and there isn't a bit of lie in this statement.
I'm not sure if I have as many hairs on my head as I have fedoras. I could use a separate fedora for each hair strand, and that's cool Smiley jk
Activity: 278
As I can see, diff is high, it is hard to mine fedora and price is not going up!? What will be different when new difficult algorithm take place? Mulitipools in not problem at this moment, why fedora price is still low!?
The difference is the multipools get 96% of the coin mining 15 mins a day and dump it on the market based on their usd/hashrate. Where I will mine and sit on my stash til I see 2k latoshis
Activity: 177
Activity: 392
Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth
Looks like there are only 10 Blocks left then we will be at 51k in zero time.

Apparently we will leave the old difficulty algo around 150-170. What will happen then ?

Won't the gravity algo take a lot more time to get back to a reasonable level ?
Activity: 381
Looks like there are only 10 Blocks left then we will be at 51k in zero time.

I am still seeing 29 blocks to go, hopefully we get through the next retarget then finish out the last 20 blocks.
Jump to: