Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] UBIC:The cryptocurrency providing UBI for the masses using the E-Passport - page 4. (Read 18209 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1
I released version 0.1.8 and I highly recommend to upgrade to this version.

i did update my node yesterday. most respect for your work!

Another blasphemic idea: if it is possible to run all those different passport currencys on top of ubic blockchain, wouldnt it be also possible to run one additional "sans papiers" ubic currency on that blockchain too, low level security just with for example recaptcha / email /( mobile, but that costs something)? You can use the wallet and trade ubic without having to register passport, right? We know that Sybil Attacker can fake thousands of accounts and try to harvest such a currency, they would most likely do. But what if that nonsafe currency trades free against passport currency anyway? Wouldnt it have a free market value higher than zero just for engaging new people without passports or for engaging people who care extremly for their anonymity, by a faktor x lower, but still with value because it gives you a sense of beeing part of something? And you can still level up to real passport (and probably faktor X0.000 higher ubi) if you like?

I had in mind the idea of creating a hybrid solution that would combine a web of trust with the use of the current E-Passport approach.
Under this scheme every E-passport holder would be able to certify 3 other people. If someone gets 5 certifications he would get a UBI too.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0

i did update my node yesterday. most respect for your work!

Another blasphemic idea: if it is possible to run all those different passport currencys on top of ubic blockchain, wouldnt it be also possible to run one additional "sans papiers" ubic currency on that blockchain too, low level security just with for example recaptcha / email /( mobile, but that costs something)? You can use the wallet and trade ubic without having to register passport, right? We know that Sybil Attacker can fake thousands of accounts and try to harvest such a currency, they would most likely do. But what if that nonsafe currency trades free against passport currency anyway? Wouldnt it have a free market value higher than zero just for engaging new people without passports or for engaging people who care extremly for their anonymity, by a faktor x lower, but still with value because it gives you a sense of beeing part of something? And you can still level up to real passport (and probably faktor X0.000 higher ubi) if you like?
I dont know, maybe you could even completly rebrand and do airdrop promotion on kyc-narrative?

The KYC part will be implemented very soon.
Indeed it would be very advantageous if UBIC could become a KYC oracle for other projects.
For example it would be very useful if you could use UBIC to very easily subscribe to other cryptoUBIs or airdrops.
I dont know, maybe you could even completly rebrand and do airdrop promotion on kyc-narrative?
I think it would be a very good feature if there was a UBIC oracle that could be used by other project and not only other UBI projects.
The KYC part is almost done.

I think there is a window of opportunity for ubic to grow on that unique selling point of possible decentralized kyc, until self sovereign identity (build on many components) and other validators go mainstream and bring in more competition in decentralized kyc.

we know now that most people fear scanning their passport chip - most likely because they doubt the security of their private data on blockchain. It doesnt help much when cryptography experts are impressed and mindblown by ubic as long as "normal" people dont see a need to adopt it.
introducing a kyc-functionality to the app will boost ubics participants number, because it creates a usecase, value. A lot of people share their data via kyc allready with strangers - the automated ubic process would give projects as well as participants a much faster, better and more secure alternative to manual kyc.
I think it would be a very good feature if there was a UBIC oracle that could be used by other project and not only other UBI projects.
The KYC part is almost done.
Activity: 114
Merit: 2
Mike Hearn talked about using the E-Passport as a solution to solve sybil attacks, very interesting, see: https://youtu.be/coj3uBrnxIg?t=11m
brand new
Activity: 0
A number of participating countries can expand more? I can see your website where?
number of participants did increase by 10 times within 6 month. If we keep up growing that fast every 6 month we would be 100.000.000 in three and a half years, simple statistics Wink
https://w3c-ccg.github.io/did-spec/
Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v0.11
Data Model and Syntaxes for Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs)
22 July 2018
brand new
Activity: 0
Such busіnеss arе getting smash.
Соnsіstеnt рlаn, irrерrоасhаblе vision, vеrу nісе lоgo!
I would like to understand what makes the difference for you regarding those 61 pkd - members: https://www.icao.int/Security/FAL/PKD/Pages/ICAO-PKDParticipants.aspx
Is there some security issue that makes some of those PKDParticipants  infeasible for ubic?

Here are the reasons why they are not all supported by UBIC:
 - The non-transferable proof of knowledge for RSA certificates requires a big enough RSA exponent, 65537 or more.
(example: Hong Kong uses 3 as RSA exponent)

- The document signing certificates have a too long signing period. This means that UBIC doesn't know when the passport was issued and therefor doesn't know when it will expire.
(example: Argentinia, Brazil: more than 2 years signing period)

- Some countries only publish their country signing certificates but UBIC needs the document signing certificates too.
(example: Spain, Belgium, Netherlands)

It will probably change in the next years. Using 3 as RSA exponent has been proven to be less secure than 65537 and the ICAO DOC9303 recommends document signing certificates with a signing period of less than 3 months. So the countries listed in the examples above are definitely not following the best practices.
 I would like to understand what makes the difference for you regarding those 61 pkd - members: https://www.icao.int/Security/FAL/PKD/Pages/ICAO-PKDParticipants.aspx
Is there some security issue that makes some of those PKDParticipants  infeasible for ubic?
Pages:
Jump to: