Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] UBIC:The cryptocurrency providing UBI for the masses using the E-Passport - page 5. (Read 18154 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 2
I improved the UI and fixed some crashes for the android app, it is now version 1.1.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=network.ubic.ubic
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
Activity: 81
Merit: 1
The fix is out.
In order to update your node regarding the previous statement delete old UBIC files:
Code:
/etc/init.d/ubic stop
sudo rm -rf /var/ubic
sudo rm -rf /usr/local/src/core

Then run the installation again:
Code:
cd /usr/local/src
sudo git clone https://github.com/UBIC-repo/core.git
sudo chmod 777 -R core
cd core
cmake CMakeLists.txt
make
sudo make install[/quote]
The fix is almost ready. Unfortunately it will revert ~500 blocks and require a manual node upgrade.
I am still working on the i so I decided to send some UAU coins from the dev fund to this Australian user.
Activity: 48
I am off grid in greece holiday, probably not able to update my node via mobile for a few days, mobile net terrible slow, i love it. Will do so as soon as possible. Good work Jan with the mobile app! Good things take time, it will find more usage soon

It's fine, your node will just be stuck at the current block height.
The fix isn't out yet anyway.

I ll retry tonight to bring a virtual tastatur on my android to work, atm not possible for whatever reason. Logging off to the beach now
brand new
Activity: 0
I likе уоur busіness!
Imрессablу рlan, verу nісе actіvitу, sobеr vіsіоn.
I like your business!
Impeccably plan, very nice activity, sober vision.

As soon as more and more users are registered, people will loose the fear off using their passport to prove they are not sybils. Good plan, congrats to the founder
I am off grid in greece holiday, probably not able to update my node via mobile for a few days, mobile net terrible slow, i love it. Will do so as soon as possible. Good work Jan with the mobile app! Good things take time, it will find more usage soon

It's fine, your node will just be stuck at the current block height.
The fix isn't out yet anyway.
Shit happens!
I did a mistake when I published the document signing certificates, the script that converted the certificate iso2 country code to the UBIC currency code was buggy.
For some DSC certificates it didn't returned the correct currency code, but 0.
Currency 0 is unassigned and therefor will not be displayed in the wallet balance and not receive any UBI.
About two hours earlier someone from Australia registered his/her passport and because of the bug is not receiving a UBI.

The good news is that there is a clean way to fix it and I will implement it ASAP.
The fix will unfortunately require a node upgrade.
Activity: 78
Is there android app already to scan chip?
This is an excellent idea.But as usual the best ideas get ignored in the first incarnation.

Also if crypto is not centrally controlled, the passports are?
So the feedback I got was that most people don't understand it, a lot of people are also afraid about scanning the NFC chip of their passport.

A friend of mine did destroy the  epass-chip intentionally a few years ago. Wink

It may take time to explain that a tool of survillance can also be used as a tool to reclaim freedom.
So the feedback I got was that most people don't understand it, a lot of people are also afraid about scanning the NFC chip of their passport.
There is probably the need to do a lot of educational work. By the way I like your airdrop idea.
And here it is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=network.ubic.ubic

It is still experimental but it does the basic stuff: registering a passport for UBI, receiving transaction and sending transaction

Thank you! I hope this will increase the number of people using UBIC.

Unfortunately it didn't gained as much attention as I hoped for. Probably it is something too new for people to fully understand how it works and so they are distrustful.
I guess the best thing would be to organize an airdrop so people would download the app to get an address.

It is still experimental but it does the basic stuff: registering a passport for UBI, receiving transaction and sending transaction

Thank you! I hope this will increase the number of people using UBIC.

I will probably release the Android app this evening or tomorrow morning.
The play store link will be posted here later on.
Pages:
Jump to: