Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 137. (Read 576774 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
you can sell your Mboard for price of Hboard and someone out there willing to buy it for good price but dont ask for 800usd.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I'll gladly send back an extra M-board in exchange for, say, an H-board?  Grin

Gee, you're not asking for much!  Lol.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I'll gladly send back an extra M-board and RasPi in exchange for, say, an H-board?  Grin
Glow Stick Dance!
I know quite a few people who bought multiple starter kits and have extra M boards sitting unused.  We should have a send-back option for buyers with extra M boards.  We could ship them back to Dave and he could send them back out with H boards for the unshipped August Starter kits.

I'll have an extra M board coming from an Ebay auction I just won.  I'd be happy to send it back to Dave so someone else could get their Starter kit.

Community!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTC < > INR & USD
For the people who didn't get there August starter kit? when will the btc be distributed to us? thnks

After your order is shipped.

@Dave : Any updates on the shipping status of August Starter kits. It has been almost a week since you informed us that there is a shortage of M-Boards.
Have you received the M-boards yet. If not, can we expect something next week atleast.?

It is almost mid September.

Please update the status of the outstanding orders at the earliest.
vs3
Activity: 622
Dave - we see new (September) chips pricing announced on the EU web site. Is a similar change coming to the US site as well?

Or are the new chips only going to be available via the EU one? Also, the EU lists pricing for reels only - the old 10chips option was a nice one for small orders. Is something like that going to be available again? (or something in vicinity of 100 chips eventually)

How about October pricing?
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
For the people who didn't get there August starter kit? when will the btc be distributed to us? thnks
E
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
It's not so easy to ROI in bitcoins even for Avalon batch1/2 purchasers.
http://cointext.com/bitcoin-mining-profitability-an-example/
Net wallet +0.45btc excluding $1400 costs

Those counts are screwed by two batch 3 units at 101 BTCs each.

Avalon batch 1 and 2 did completely break-even and are now positive.

spiccioli

Yes, my Batch 2 didn't show up until June 2x and it is already at breakeven+35% in BTC terms (75 BTC to purchase, 101.5 generated net of electricity).
Activity: 434
I just wanted to thank Dave and Yvonne for their excellent customer service. They are swamped, but still taking the time to provide customer support.

Thanks, and great job
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I've already done this for a number of orders.  Email them  ([email protected]) with the order number you want to convert over.  Kat will send you a BitPay invoice in a day or two.
Dave, I submitted an order 8 August and requested CC payment. Since banks are being meanies and won't let you guys conduct business, how can I go about paying for that order via BTC? LMK.

Cheers.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
let me put it another way - the very LIKELY scenario -
anyone who paid for asics using BTC except for batch 1 avalons will likely never ROI in btc
this goes for pretty much anything out now and coming about.
the miner protection programs are interesting though - at least they kind of guarantee ROI to get your btc back

Doesn't anyone ever consider the resale market in ROI calculation? Only the last guy in line, left holding the hot potatoe/obsolete ASIC/FPGA/GPU gets screwed.  Lol.

hahaha I always want to comment this but shhhhhh.... dont let them know.
Activity: 602
anyone who paid for asics using BTC except for batch 1 avalons will likely never ROI in btc
the miner protection programs are interesting though - at least they kind of guarantee ROI to get your btc back

Doesn't anyone ever consider the resale market in ROI calculation? Only the last guy in line, left holding the hot potatoe/obsolete ASIC/FPGA/GPU gets screwed.  Lol.

people shouldn't have to depend on making money solely off the stupidity of the next person. i understand what you're saying but i think the prices have come down quite a bit since the early BFL preorder days of ebay
Activity: 692

The first hit is for free....
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore

spiccioli

Glow Stick Dance!

Glow Stick Dance!
Bitfury prices are just as high as AM so I'm not sure who are these fools you speak of.

I'm missing something, explain to me how this statement is true.
hmm let's see 25gh for $1300 or 2.5 blades for about 10btc.  That's current price on website I'm not sure if it was more months ago when you preordered.  Wasn't 400Gh $20k which is basically the same as 40 blades or approximately 16-20btc  Also I see plenty of people having issues with build quality with bitfury so a 2nd hand BFL unit is probably better.  Yes power consumption is better which is probably not a consideration for most miners although it should be in the long run which might be offset by better build quality.

Don't forget, after the starter kit, additional H boards only cost $500 per 25GH/s.  No one else is delivering miners right now for less.
Activity: 692

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

In other words if you like trying out new tech then by all means buy ASIC hardware. However know full well that the BTC quantity you used when ordering will most likely not be returned to you in full when mining with the hardware.

At least that is the present pricing model.
Jump to: