Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 135. (Read 576774 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
A new personal personal best  Grin

Wow cool - did you change R01F or just add the heatsinks?  If you changed R01F what value did you use?

I did both, R01F is now 3K3R. I tried 3k57R but the regulator kept going into thermal shutdown even with heatsink and fan Smiley

This particular board is a bit of a freak, the most I've gotten out of my other boards is ~34GH/s with the same mods.
Activity: 420

Wow cool - did you change R01F or just add the heatsinks?  If you changed R01F what value did you use?

R01F change to 3k3R
vip
Activity: 472

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
and now its gone... hmmmmm makes you wonder.
Activity: 434

Merit: 500
Mining for the hell of it.
Check this out and from 330pm gmt-6 to 630pm gmt-6 it grown over 3,500gh/s
as of 630pm gmt-6 was at 48,920.94 gh/s

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
First, there were only 36 starter kits pending shipping, not 54 as I previously stated (we hadn't updated the totals board since previous day's shipping).  The hashpower you see on the MBPStarters account at BTCG will be for you guys.  I have V2 M-boards coming in next week and the following.  I'll be able to ship out the remaining starters by end of next week.

For those of you who want to replace your V1 M-boards, we'll have to set this up for a time when I've got plenty of spare M's.  I don't want you to have to ship first and be down while you wait for replacements.  You are welcome to just stay with the existing V1 M- the V2 doesn't offer a performance benefit.

Dave: The MBPStarters account has been showing a 0 hash rate for a little while now.....

https://www.btcguild.com/api.php?api_key=23fcc6a0f8292fe394b1706da8c0d304

This was my mistake- They are still hashing, they just got pointed to the wrong place(I was fixing a different issue and it picked up those too).  As mentioned in this post, we'll sort the issue out in all of the delayed customers' orders to your benefit:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3125963

how do we know we have not been forgotten?   I have 5 starter kits for august ordered. 
Merit: 501
Yep.  Once the magic smoke gets out, it's all over...
Activity: 490
For those that are curious, one of the chips on the MB lit up like a white LED and then poof, a puff of smoke. I doubt that anything else was damaged, but i won't know for sure until i get another MB.
Shit! Shit! Shit!!! Angry   Hey DAVE!!!!

I just powered up with the Yellow & Black reversed and smoked the mother board, How screwed am I? How much is this going to cost me for a new motherboard? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Never let the software guy touch hardware!

I have seen unused m-boards in the goods section as well as on ebay. Might be faster to get you up and running again.

I want to wait to hear from Dave before i make any hasty decissions.

Did you buy the whole 16 Hcards  400GHz kit?

no, just the one card starter kit.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

I just powered up with the Yellow & Black reversed and smoked the mother board, How screwed am I? How much is this going to cost me for a new motherboard? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Never let the software guy touch hardware!

I have seen unused m-boards in the goods section as well as on ebay. Might be faster to get you up and running again.

Did you buy the whole 16 Hcards  400GHz kit?
Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Please send an email to customer service about this issue:
https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=information/contact

Dave won't be able to respond to anything until at least Monday, and probably a few days after that.

While I don't know that MBP can yet offer Amazon-level customer service / replacement policies, I'm certain there's something we can do here.  Unfortunately this happened right when we are in the midst of an M-board shortage, so it may require a little discussion on what we can do for you.

If you don't get a prompt response, or if you don't feel like things were handled fairly/appropriately, send Dave or I a PM and we will follow up.  We do take customer service seriously, despite our overwhelmed schedule.

As a side note, speaking not from a MBP perspective but from a JaredR26 perspective, I recommend you see if you can find someone in your area who also has a starter kit.  If the thing that was fried was the rPI or the SD card, that is the easiest and cheapest component to replace- We can probably overnight you one.  If it was the H-card, but your M-board is functioning, those are somewhat easier to replace than M-boards right now.  If it was the M-board only, that'll be useful information.  If everything was fried, that'll also be useful information.

I do apologize for this situation- While we tried to avoid mistakes like this happening, the simple truth is that an early-design product like this isn't designed to be user-friendly and user-safe.  For that I do apologize, and we hope that we can help with this situation, and improve future designs to prevent this kind of bad experience.
Activity: 924

I think Goxed has another M- Board that he does not need.  When I get my kits I may have an extra one too.

legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
You guys are awesome. Kudos Dave, Jared, and the rest of the team. October is going to be Christmas for me. #45x
Activity: 219
Merit: 100

So I talked to Dave about this.

#1 - I have confirmation again that we are paying the theoretical production from the miners.  Your payout is not tied to to the MBPStarters account.
#2 - So to clarify, the purpose of the MBPStarters account at this point is to explicitly set aside some of the mining output.  This way only small adjustments/money movements are needed to close the gap between what was actually mined and what needs to be sent to customers.  But it is purely for our purposes, not for tracking anything public(anymore).

Does that help clarify the plan?

it does Smiley

however, I really want my unit as soon as possible, as it looks like a lot of other customers are managing to pull >30Ghash from their starter kits, and as much as i appreciate the free hosting of 25Ghash, it would be  something special to have my unit in hand hashing at that speed or higher. It may be the end of september when the unit is actually delivered.

That said, Dave and his team have done the best they could, and more then many other manufacturers/distributors. too bad for a slight shortage of m-boards, because otherwise they have my full kudos! Smiley

ps: I have an october h-board #13X and another (unpaid) #8XX. Will these ship together, and/or will either of them ship along with my starter kit once the m-boards deliver? I know the october timeframe is still fairly uncertain, but it may make practical sense to combine the shipping costs to canada for these.

FYI, from our experience the boards that deliver 30 GH/s without being overclocked first are a fluke rather than the norm.  The average of the boards performs right at spec, with some performing under spec(We generally don't ship those out).  I do apologize for the delay, though.  For what it is worth, having it hash 2-3 days sooner at a lower difficulty and delaying your shipping time until the difficulty is higher does actually have some significant benefits. Smiley

I can't help with the other questions at this time, I'm not yet privy to that side of things; You'll have to follow up with customer service / support.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
ps: I have an october h-board #13X and another (unpaid) #8XX. Will these ship together, and/or will either of them ship along with my starter kit once the m-boards deliver? I know the october timeframe is still fairly uncertain, but it may make practical sense to combine the shipping costs to canada for these.

I imagine they would ship separately; I have an October order 5xx and another 9xx order, and it would not seem fair to me to ship the 9xx order along with the 5xx order.

My 0.02 BTC FWIW.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

So I talked to Dave about this.

#1 - I have confirmation again that we are paying the theoretical production from the miners.  Your payout is not tied to to the MBPStarters account.
#2 - So to clarify, the purpose of the MBPStarters account at this point is to explicitly set aside some of the mining output.  This way only small adjustments/money movements are needed to close the gap between what was actually mined and what needs to be sent to customers.  But it is purely for our purposes, not for tracking anything public(anymore).

Does that help clarify the plan?

it does Smiley

however, I really want my unit as soon as possible, as it looks like a lot of other customers are managing to pull >30Ghash from their starter kits, and as much as i appreciate the free hosting of 25Ghash, it would be  something special to have my unit in hand hashing at that speed or higher. It may be the end of september when the unit is actually delivered.

That said, Dave and his team have done the best they could, and more then many other manufacturers/distributors. too bad for a slight shortage of m-boards, because otherwise they have my full kudos! Smiley

Jump to: