Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 139. (Read 576774 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
I have no information or insight into this.  In fact, I doubt that Dave could answer this either.  Speaking from my experience with other ASIC suppliers though, it is exceedingly difficult to give estimates accurate to even a week with Asic timelines involved- Many different suppliers, individuals and sources must come together all at once for the date to be hit.  We put the same pressure to deliver fast and reliably on our suppliers that we feel from our customers, and they often give us overly-optimistic date estimates.  We add time estimates to compensate for this, but it doesn't mean we will be more accurate than what we were given.  If anything the Bitfury team tends to come closer to their estimates than other suppliers, if that is any consolation.

If we give you an estimate and something outside our control causes us to miss that estimate, it reflects very poorly on us regardless of whether it was preventable.  I can assure you that A. we will be doing everything we can to anticipate blockers and delays to prevent or work around them, and B. we will communicate timelines with you as soon as we are confident that we can hit them.  We won't be "shipping in two weeks" forever like other companies.  Thanks for understanding.

Dave and team did hella-good on most of his first batch, but then again so did Avalon (who later crashed and burned hard). Best of luck finishing batch-1. Do an even better job on batch-2!

I'm hoping that Dave & company are farsighted enough to pump some of their profits back into more product so that "Batch" becomes meaningless and "Off the Shelf" becomes the name of the game.
That's not possible unless you are ok with used units that are mining while waiting "on the shelf"  Unless it's tiny usb sticks or at a certain point I'm sure the 25GH units will join their fate no significantly larger Gh units would just sit there waiting for a buyer when they can be generating BTC.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
I have no information or insight into this.  In fact, I doubt that Dave could answer this either.  Speaking from my experience with other ASIC suppliers though, it is exceedingly difficult to give estimates accurate to even a week with Asic timelines involved- Many different suppliers, individuals and sources must come together all at once for the date to be hit.  We put the same pressure to deliver fast and reliably on our suppliers that we feel from our customers, and they often give us overly-optimistic date estimates.  We add time estimates to compensate for this, but it doesn't mean we will be more accurate than what we were given.  If anything the Bitfury team tends to come closer to their estimates than other suppliers, if that is any consolation.

If we give you an estimate and something outside our control causes us to miss that estimate, it reflects very poorly on us regardless of whether it was preventable.  I can assure you that A. we will be doing everything we can to anticipate blockers and delays to prevent or work around them, and B. we will communicate timelines with you as soon as we are confident that we can hit them.  We won't be "shipping in two weeks" forever like other companies.  Thanks for understanding.

Dave and team did hella-good on most of his first batch, but then again so did Avalon (who later crashed and burned hard). Best of luck finishing batch-1. Do an even better job on batch-2!

I'm hoping that Dave & company are farsighted enough to pump some of their profits back into more product so that "Batch" becomes meaningless and "Off the Shelf" becomes the name of the game.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Dave, can you give us an idea of the schedule now based on the Fab delay?  Specifically, does it look as though the delay will affect October orders?

October orders are not affected by any August delays at this point.  If anything they are a learning experience to streamline the process.

Do you have any idea when October orders will ship? There is a huge difference in potential earnings between an early October deliver and a late October delivery. Given how fast the difficulty is increasing, and the fact that there will likely be three difficulty increases in October, having such a large delivery window makes it impossible for a potential buyer to make an informed decision.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
It was mentioned previously that only 36 orders are left not 54.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
has anyone noticed that the hashrate of the hardware setup as compensation for starter kit buyer has reduced to 508 gh/s from 1600 gh/s

@Dave / @JaredR26 - Can you guys have a look at this please. May be the miner needs a restart. Thanks,

http://i.imgur.com/9wAuxHA.png

FYI. It has been going down sharply. Now it is at 305 gh/s

Its currently around 915 Gh/s.

I have full respect and happiness that dave has decided to host my starter kit until m-boards are available, but it would be *better* if my 25gh/s portion of the total in that account actually maintained at >24Gh/s, rather than swinging between 16-27 gh/s (mostly on the low end)

54 starter kits @ 25ghash = 1.35 TH and the last few times i checked on the api key, its been in the 550-1100 Gh/s range

I cannot stress enough that dave is doing all he can, and is doing a tremendous job of it, but if the m-boards and subsequent order shipment are still over a week(s) away it would be nice to see the pool hashrate upgraded just a little bit to be a consistent 1.35 TH/s (considering many of the delivered kits have 25-35gh/s with the bonus EOL gear). Again, full congrats to dave, but its not over until the fat lady ships... Smiley
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Do you have any idea when October orders will ship? There is a huge difference in potential earnings between an early October deliver and a late October delivery. Given how fast the difficulty is increasing, and the fact that there will likely be three difficulty increases in October, having such a large delivery window makes it impossible for a potential buyer to make an informed decision.

All you can do is plan for end of Oct. Anything earlier is just a bonus. Don't count on it.

I'll pass. Pre-orders suck. I suspect that even ASICMiner hardware will be going for ~$20/GH at the end of October since blades are now around $40/GH.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

All you can do is plan for end of Oct. Anything earlier is just a bonus. Don't count on it.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dave thank you for giving compensation to waiting customers.  I do have a question: Do I need to give you my BTC address or do you already have me on the list?  I am just checking incase you forgot about me Smiley.
Very Respectfully,
GreaterNinja
Activity: 742
Dave, can you give us an idea of the schedule now based on the Fab delay?  Specifically, does it look as though the delay will affect October orders?

October orders are not affected by any August delays at this point.  If anything they are a learning experience to streamline the process.

Activity: 219
Dave, can you give us an idea of the schedule now based on the Fab delay?  Specifically, does it look as though the delay will affect October orders?

October orders are not affected by any August delays at this point.  If anything they are a learning experience to streamline the process.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Hello Dave,

When do you estimate you will start contacting October Order clients for CC info per note left on order form?

Just to give me an idea of when I need to have $8000 available on CC for you.

Thanks
Activity: 336
**SRCZM**

I think he should quickly ask for refund. Immediately call BFL and order Monarchs. That will solve all his problems!

**SRCZM** Roll Eyes
Activity: 158

Huh  They are giving you the same you would make with mining minus all other associated costs until they ship your hardware and you are still fussing? Bizarre.
[/quote]

He's already said he's looking to flip the hardware, not mine on it.

I am assuming he is hoping that if he throws a big enough stink that Dave will cowtow to him.  Personally, I would just refund his purchase and tell him to be gone.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
has anyone noticed that the hashrate of the hardware setup as compensation for starter kit buyer has reduced to 508 gh/s from 1600 gh/s

@Dave / @JaredR26 - Can you guys have a look at this please. May be the miner needs a restart. Thanks,

I had to restart mine a few times when my hashrate was dropping rapidly.

I have noticed that restarting the proxy solves the issue.
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

I had to restart mine a few times when my hashrate was dropping rapidly.
Activity: 518
BTC < > INR & USD

Activity: 518
BTC < > INR & USD

Activity: 317
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
Maybe it's time Dave does a "forced refund" for Mobius which is common practice with certain ASIC manufacturers.

Not proud of that Butterfly Labs episode, but this level of vitriol towards Dave and Co. at this time is unwarranted, IMO.

Barring a couple speed bumps and part shortages, this has been the most professional and timely ASIC project I've seen so far.

They are clearly shipping, are making a very reasonable effort to mitigate loss for August orders, and by all accounts, it would seem that production will be ramping up once the parts come in, and quality will most likely be improving with assembly refinements as people in other threads discuss issues with this first batch.

Lets try to get some perspective here. I don't understand where that level of anger is coming from.

This persin be going completely off rocking chair, da?   Not understanding either - am thinking he having serious angry issues.  I thought they putting flouride and more chemicals in USA water so keeping people happy and dumb.  Maybe he drinking only bottled water and not getting happy?  Is allowed in USA?

Some bottled water (plastics with BPA) have been linked to increasing estrogen levels....just saying....LOL
Activity: 539
Dave, can you give us an idea of the schedule now based on the Fab delay?  Specifically, does it look as though the delay will affect October orders?
Jump to: