Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 138. (Read 576774 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
let me put it another way - the very LIKELY scenario -
anyone who paid for asics using BTC except for batch 1 avalons will likely never ROI in btc
this goes for pretty much anything out now and coming about.
the miner protection programs are interesting though - at least they kind of guarantee ROI to get your btc back
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Aren't they already 50% less from initial per-order price?
legendary
All these points are likely true but it isn't a 2000% difference.  It wouldn't surprise me if most orders of bitfury will likely see the same results as most purchasers of AM hardware.  The better a deal looks the more people will buy.  The more people will buy the worse it becomes.  Also if they can't sell for more then it would mine they can simply deploy to their farm.

Actually, AsicMiner has shown there really is almost no risk.

The forum is full of fools who will pay over 2000% for AM hardware and not even realise they will make a BTC loss mining with it.
i.e. pay AM up front the entire amount of BTC (or in most cases more) then AM themselves could get mining with the hardware they sell.
Seriously, it's a unbelievable situation AM is in.

Dave's cards are USB and once they are easy to use (nudge, nudge) all the fools buying AsciMiner hardware would switch to these boards since they are a higher hash rate, lower power per GH, and not priced to lose BTC for the buyer ... yet.
The only risk that could be seen in the near future would be other people making BitFury boards.
The same AM USBs you can now buy for 0.17BTC or less, were sold initially for around 1.9BTC
My guess they are still over 100% mark up ... times 20, gives at least 2000% that literally many thousands of these were sold at that price
No they are not 2000% now, but they were almost certainly that or more initially.
save this post and get back to it a few months later and we'll see how smart you think bitfury purchases will be.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
All these points are likely true but it isn't a 2000% difference.  It wouldn't surprise me if most orders of bitfury will likely see the same results as most purchasers of AM hardware.  The better a deal looks the more people will buy.  The more people will buy the worse it becomes.  Also if they can't sell for more then it would mine they can simply deploy to their farm.

The forum is full of fools who will pay over 2000% for AM hardware and not even realise they will make a BTC loss mining with it.
i.e. pay AM up front the entire amount of BTC (or in most cases more) then AM themselves could get mining with the hardware they sell.

Dave's cards are USB and once they are easy to use (nudge, nudge) all the fools buying AsciMiner hardware would switch to these boards since they are a higher hash rate, lower power per GH, and not priced to lose BTC for the buyer ... yet.
The only risk that could be seen in the near future would be other people making BitFury boards.
The same AM USBs you can now buy for 0.17BTC or less, were sold initially for around 1.9BTC
My guess they are still over 100% mark up ... times 20, gives at least 2000% that literally many thousands of these were sold at that price
No they are not 2000% now, but they were almost certainly that or more initially.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Yes power consumption is better which is probably not a consideration for most miners ...

Power consumption is one of the most important criteria.
Most miners run their rigs at homes and apartments.  Today, the electrical wiring in your home or apartment pretty much limits what you can run.

You simply cannot run 2TH of avalons or blades in your basement at 10W/GH or 8W/GH respectively.

Guess what?  You can run 4 full bitfury kits on one 15A@110V circuit.

So yes, if you compare few h-cards to few blades than yes, blades are probably the way to go.  Get 2 full planes, they will probably trip your circuit breaker if you run them on the same circuit.
legendary
Bitfury prices are just as high as AM so I'm not sure who are these fools you speak of.
Almost everyone who has bought any AM hardware.

Hell, I got what may be considered the first AM USB - outside AM - 13/14-May - 4 months ago
So far it has made about 0.9137202236 BTC ... roughly Smiley

No one who paid the AM BTC price for an AM USB has made their BTC back unless they solo mined and got lucky - or sold it and ripped of the person they sold it to - just like AM Smiley

I guess some of the early Block Erupter Blades may have got their BTC back?
If you got a Block Erupter Blade on 13/14-May and it has hashed at 12GH/s since then, it will have made to date (4 months) 32.7302766667 BTC ... roughly ... and last diff change ~11 days, it made less than 1BTC

So ... yeah ... most of those who bought AM hardware lost BTC doing it.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Bitfury prices are just as high as AM so I'm not sure who are these fools you speak of.

I'm missing something, explain to me how this statement is true.
hmm let's see 25gh for $1300 or 2.5 blades for about 10btc.  That's current price on website I'm not sure if it was more months ago when you preordered.  Wasn't 400Gh $20k which is basically the same as 40 blades or approximately 16-20btc  Also I see plenty of people having issues with build quality with bitfury so a 2nd hand BFL unit is probably better.  Yes power consumption is better which is probably not a consideration for most miners although it should be in the long run which might be offset by better build quality.

Actually these asic's are very robust and the chips can do more than the 1.5gh/s. So you are getting more bang for your buck. Much like the Avalon Gen 1 units.

It comes down to the argument Huge risk/Huge reward - No Risk/No Reward. Bitfury/AM

The new ASICminer boards do not OC. It is something that should be taken under consideration.

legendary

hmm let's see 25gh for $1300 or 2.5 blades for about 10btc.  That's current price on website I'm not sure if it was more months ago when you preordered.  Wasn't 400Gh $20k which is basically the same as 40 blades or approximately 16-20btc  Also I see plenty of people having issues with build quality with bitfury so a 2nd hand BFL unit is probably better.  Yes power consumption is better which is probably not a consideration for most miners although it should be in the long run which might be offset by better build quality.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

Power consumption is far higher on ASICminer chips vs Bitfury chips and AM does not support stratum only getwork.

As far as mining equipment goes, we are now entering the level when the question asked is how many GH/s can I have up and running with the existing Electrical Service.

legendary
Activity: 602

good points, there's a lot of competition though and AM will be on gen 2 by end of the year likely
legendary

vs3
Activity: 622
That's just my 2 cents. I'm not necessarily voting for or against the option. I just want to clarify that it most likely doesn't make sense for what we're discussing here.

It was an example number....

Yep, that's fine. I'm pretty sure there is a way to find some middle option.

It is just that engaging with the whole manufacturing is by itself quite a pain, and then when you add the risks - from the moment you order all components until you have assembled (and not yet tested) products in your hand that's usually just a few weeks there alone. Considering also the current pace of new miners being introduced - that makes any long(er)-term plans quite risky by themselves. And by longer term - I mean something as short as 3 months.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
That's just my 2 cents. I'm not necesarily voting for or against the option. I just want to clarify that it most likely doesn't make sense for what we're discussing here.

It was an example number....
vs3
Activity: 622
That's not possible unless you are ok with used units that are mining while waiting "on the shelf"  Unless it's tiny usb sticks or at a certain point I'm sure the 25GH units will join their fate no significantly larger Gh units would just sit there waiting for a buyer when they can be generating BTC.

Works for ASICMiners
They never reach a shelf because the demand is so high. In the time it takes for you to even get it from the fab you've sold it.
It just means not selling beyond capacity, when 100 units start pumping down the factory line, you offer 100 units to the people. Rather then take in 10,000 orders for units to try and catch up on

I suspect you've never organized a manufacturing for 100 units ... Honestly - that is such a pain! And if you have to go through that for every 100 units - that's a lot of pain. It is much much better to go through that once and get 10k units. Also, pricing on components can be several times more expensive for small quantities. Plus, factories don't like it when they have to retool their machines for just 100 units (and as a result you get some insane prices for assembly service).

That's just my 2 cents. I'm not necesarily voting for or against the option. I just want to clarify that it most likely doesn't make sense for what we're discussing here.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Morblias - please please please, update once you're setup is completely put together.  I know that a bunch of folks (including me) would love to see the 'final' configuration with the boards in place.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry for leaving you hanging Wink Just got my replacement M-board today since my first was DOA (RPi wasn't powering from it). Here are some pics of it set up and hashing. Only have the first 2 fans on, can't wait to fill up the rest of the M-board in October so I can kick on the other fans!  Grin

http://imgur.com/a/cJalG

Thanks Dave and team BitFury!

Glad your medication came just in the nick of time...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
That's not possible unless you are ok with used units that are mining while waiting "on the shelf"  Unless it's tiny usb sticks or at a certain point I'm sure the 25GH units will join their fate no significantly larger Gh units would just sit there waiting for a buyer when they can be generating BTC.

Works for ASICMiners
They never reach a shelf because the demand is so high. In the time it takes for you to even get it from the fab you've sold it.
It just means not selling beyond capacity, when 100 units start pumping down the factory line, you offer 100 units to the people. Rather then take in 10,000 orders for units to try and catch up on
Activity: 576
Morblias - please please please, update once you're setup is completely put together.  I know that a bunch of folks (including me) would love to see the 'final' configuration with the boards in place.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry for leaving you hanging Wink Just got my replacement M-board today since my first was DOA (RPi wasn't powering from it). Here are some pics of it set up and hashing. Only have the first 2 fans on, can't wait to fill up the rest of the M-board in October so I can kick on the other fans!  Grin

http://imgur.com/a/cJalG

Thanks Dave and team BitFury!
Jump to: