Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 225. (Read 576776 times)

vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Any estimations on the August Kits for when they will be delivered? Like early August hopefully. Wink
I shut down my GPU rigs a couple weeks ago and I'm starving for some bitcoin.
Don't shut down...mine LTC or something Smiley

Nothing has changed for shipping dates.  All delivery months are considered "by end of the month".  I can't nail down shipping dates any closer at this point, since this will only be our second production batch (100TH was the first).  As we learn to do this process better, we hope to be able to give a better estimate.
vip
Hi folks - meet Yvonne, the newest member of the team.  I've known Yvonne for a dozen years at least, which is why I know I can still be her friend when I throw her into this!  She's taking on the customer service role at megabigpower.com, so you will begin to see & hear from her when you email through the website.  She is trying to get up to speed with all the details about this project and whatever policies and promises I've been making.  Today, she took care of the July shipping for bare chips, which have all been shipped out.  Those of you who are waiting for 10pc chip orders should have received your tracking numbers in email.

Yvonne informs me we have 50 chips left!  I thought we had sold out, but I think Tytus sent me a few extras Smiley

If you were interested in a 10pc order, you still have a chance to get some before they are gone until October.

Yvonne, thanks for your capable efforts so far!

I hope that by growing the team some more, I'll be able to get back to being responsive to you guys, while also setting up our two locations for the 100TH and other hosted mining operations.

Cheers,
Dave
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Any estimations on the August Kits for when they will be delivered? Like early August hopefully. Wink
I shut down my GPU rigs a couple weeks ago and I'm starving for some bitcoin.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
Has anyone requested and received a refund on any order?  I requested Sunday (July 21st) afternoon.(having a baby so I can't justify it).  Dave has replied to most of my messages but seems to be stalling.  I really didn't want to bring this to the thread's attention but it seems like pretty bad business practice.  I understand that it's a very busy time but I've been waiting 4 days now.  Any advice?

My apologies.  piecinitup paid via wire transfer, which means I have to pull off what I'm doing and get to the bank in order to do the refund.  CC refunds have all been processed immediately.  I will try to improve this process - things get tricky when trying to add signors to the bank account, etc.

Thank you for the response and I can confirm the refund has been processed.  Good luck everyone!

Does that mean Dave can sell me something now? Wink

I would hope he would bump up delivery on some already paid October orders, rather than allow late entrants a higher priority.   Tongue

+1  Smiley,  and if it's an August $1.3k kit,  I am willing to buy it.  Smiley
Activity: 539
Has anyone requested and received a refund on any order?  I requested Sunday (July 21st) afternoon.(having a baby so I can't justify it).  Dave has replied to most of my messages but seems to be stalling.  I really didn't want to bring this to the thread's attention but it seems like pretty bad business practice.  I understand that it's a very busy time but I've been waiting 4 days now.  Any advice?

My apologies.  piecinitup paid via wire transfer, which means I have to pull off what I'm doing and get to the bank in order to do the refund.  CC refunds have all been processed immediately.  I will try to improve this process - things get tricky when trying to add signors to the bank account, etc.

Thank you for the response and I can confirm the refund has been processed.  Good luck everyone!

I would hope he would bump up delivery on some already paid October orders, rather than allow late entrants a higher priority.   Tongue
Anyone know who in the US is working on a PCB for the chips? I ordered 10 in the July batch and just received my shipping info.

Wow,  chips are shipping already?
Wondering when boards will.  Smiley
Crossing fingers. Lol
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Monero
Anyone know who in the US is working on a PCB for the chips? I ordered 10 in the July batch and just received my shipping info.
Has anyone requested and received a refund on any order?  I requested Sunday (July 21st) afternoon.(having a baby so I can't justify it).  Dave has replied to most of my messages but seems to be stalling.  I really didn't want to bring this to the thread's attention but it seems like pretty bad business practice.  I understand that it's a very busy time but I've been waiting 4 days now.  Any advice?

My apologies.  piecinitup paid via wire transfer, which means I have to pull off what I'm doing and get to the bank in order to do the refund.  CC refunds have all been processed immediately.  I will try to improve this process - things get tricky when trying to add signors to the bank account, etc.

Thank you for the response and I can confirm the refund has been processed.  Good luck everyone!

Activity: 158

Activity: 546
It would take a little more than a resistor to OC the H-boards.  The main issue is the regulator (30A), which would have to be upgraded to a 50A.  The input resistor would then also need to be changed.  Making the whole rig work from there could require a lot of work - we don't know at this time.

Please don't take any of my info as any kind of support for overclocking our boards.  We can't help you achieve it, nor can we provide any kind of warranty coverage if you attempt to OC them.  We also don't know yet what the longevity of the BitFury chip is at different clock voltages.

This *is* pretty frigging awesome though - nice job C-Scape!

What if you don't have 16 boards but only 8? You should be able to overclock 8 of them and be ok with a 30A regulator. 12V * 30A = 360W, which is enough for 8 boards running at 35W a piece.

Plus you'd have the additional space between the boards to add a heatsink and still have decent airflow.

I can't wait until someone gets one of the 25 GH/s August megabigpower kits and sees if it can be overclocked to 40.
As I understund, single asic board with 1 asic chip use 2.5A 0,835V to achive 2,7ghs. To apply that to the whole board with 16 asic chip will be 40A and voltagre regulator can hadle max 30A.

Oh it is 30A at 0.835V for a whole H board?

I thought the 30A regulator was on the main board for the whole system at 12V.

I see the issue now, ok.

Activity: 476
It would take a little more than a resistor to OC the H-boards.  The main issue is the regulator (30A), which would have to be upgraded to a 50A.  The input resistor would then also need to be changed.  Making the whole rig work from there could require a lot of work - we don't know at this time.

Please don't take any of my info as any kind of support for overclocking our boards.  We can't help you achieve it, nor can we provide any kind of warranty coverage if you attempt to OC them.  We also don't know yet what the longevity of the BitFury chip is at different clock voltages.

What if you don't have 16 boards but only 8? You should be able to overclock 8 of them and be ok with a 30A regulator. 12V * 30A = 360W, which is enough for 8 boards running at 35W a piece.

Plus you'd have the additional space between the boards to add a heatsink and still have decent airflow.

I can't wait until someone gets one of the 25 GH/s August megabigpower kits and sees if it can be overclocked to 40.
As I understund, single asic board with 1 asic chip use 2.5A 0,835V to achive 2,7ghs. To apply that to the whole board with 16 asic chip will be 40A and voltage regulator can handle max 30A.
However TPS53355 voltage regulator spec is 30A max out and 40A max at the core (I am not sure what the max core means)
So solution would be to maximaze hashing speed from each asic chip is to place 12 chips on board or to find voltage regulator with higher limit ( I tried and failed :/
vip

vip
Dave -

An update from Punin said that the H-boards and M-boards are in production/assembly...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2796196

Am I right in assuming that US orders are also among those in production (i.e. not just for the 100TH mine and the European webstore)?

Yes, but no.  Boards are in production for 100TH.  Production run for August product will follow soon after.  This is a high volume facility, so the turn is quite fast though...
Activity: 336

the m-board has to be populated in order, you can't skip any slots.  This means that you won't be able to put any heat sinks on a 1/2 populated board that you couldn't put on a fully populated board.

/cet

Hmmm M-Board riser cables?  Grin
cet
Activity: 100

the m-board has to be populated in order, you can't skip any slots.  This means that you won't be able to put any heat sinks on a 1/2 populated board that you couldn't put on a fully populated board.

/cet
Activity: 546

Activity: 158
Activity: 84
Dave -

An update from Punin said that the H-boards and M-boards are in production/assembly...

Am I right in assuming that US orders are also among those in production (i.e. not just for the 100TH mine and the European webstore)?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Will we get our Bitfury's before BFL is done shipping day 1 June 23, 2012 pre-orders!?  Grin

Maybe you meant June 24, 2012 and 23 almost done now.

Its "almost done" for a month now :-)
Activity: 420
Dave -

Shocked Shocked Shocked Will we get our Bitfury's before BFL is done shipping day 1 June 23, 2012 pre-orders!?  Grin

Maybe you meant June 24, 2012 and 23 almost done now.
Activity: 576
Dave -

Shocked Shocked Shocked Will we get our Bitfury's before BFL is done shipping day 1 June 23, 2012 pre-orders!?  Grin
Jump to: