Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 228. (Read 576776 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Why price jump again for hboard?

ps: Canada buyers have to pay tax too?

Thank Dave

now fix for relogin now no tax for Canada.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
Whoah H-board price just jumped to $540

Really?  I just bought one at $500.  Don't see a price change on the website...
https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

Your timing is impeccable then, or you didn't get charged 'tax' and I wonder why the difference to begin with?
Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Really?  I just bought one at $500.  Don't see a price change on the website...
https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=59
Activity: 111
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

I assumed it needed to run with a laptop plugged in. 

There are plenty of devices you can mine from with much lower power figures than a laptop.

True. I saw this site selling : MineNinja V2 Bitcoin Mining Host and they go for 1.5 BTC a piece.

They have decided to pursue other development options so this point is moot.
I think the take away I learned is... if you don't have something available with a delivery date of less than a month, you will be ripped to shreds on this forum.  And also, the second teir asic business is a tough one if not run with opensource hardware/software ala burn-in bbk.

I do not agree.  The takeaway is that if your products ROI is poor at delivery date and you appear to have overpriced your product compared to the competition you will be ripped to shreds.

They were 20% too high or one month too late.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
ps.  If you are looking for a good product idea, I recommend keeping chips out of it for now --- the chip pricing seems too steep for the segment you are in.  Build a M-board clone that can mate with the H-boards and be a hero!  Right now the "starter' kit is going to be $1300 in October. That includes a 500 H-board... which means the kit minus H-board is $800.  You guys should be able to build a clone for $40 and sell it for $200 with no bitfury asics.  Sell a pro model with larger gap spacing for heat sinks and fans and higher power for $400...  Just my .0003 btc.
I think that is actually very wise, or the ability to easily change the clock settings to OC the H boards; although that might put Tom in a tough spot with warranties.

I think with the ASIC storm coming it will be down to companies that help your hardware perform better, not another company with comparable hardware.  (Once we get a company that can actually ship demand that is)

I would really like to have the option to OC.  From the tests conducted it looks like the chips OC very well (theoretically one H-board should be able to pull 38 GH/s) so long as you can keep them cool.  I have no problem dumping a lot of self-adhesive heatsinks all over the chips and voltage regulators on board.

I completely agree.  I run out of a SOC Type II compliant Datacenter and have cold air to spare.  I would love the ability to OC these and do some mods like installing basic heatsinks.

With just off the rack equipment I can easily cool 2-3kW of heat production.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255

There are plenty of devices you can mine from with much lower power figures than a laptop.

True. I saw this site selling : MineNinja V2 Bitcoin Mining Host and they go for 1.5 BTC a piece.

They have decided to pursue other development options so this point is moot.
I think the take away I learned is... if you don't have something available with a delivery date of less than a month, you will be ripped to shreds on this forum.  And also, the second teir asic business is a tough one if not run with opensource hardware/software ala burn-in bbk.
vip
Activity: 472
July 10pc chips look like they've sold out.  Somebody jumped on the last 17x10pc I had in stock.  If the buyer flakes, I'll be sure to post.

[EDIT] Buyer confirms.  Money is on the way.  Sorry folks, I'll see if I can get my hands on more...no promises.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
ps.  If you are looking for a good product idea, I recommend keeping chips out of it for now --- the chip pricing seems too steep for the segment you are in.  Build a M-board clone that can mate with the H-boards and be a hero!  Right now the "starter' kit is going to be $1300 in October. That includes a 500 H-board... which means the kit minus H-board is $800.  You guys should be able to build a clone for $40 and sell it for $200 with no bitfury asics.  Sell a pro model with larger gap spacing for heat sinks and fans and higher power for $400...  Just my .0003 btc.
I think that is actually very wise, or the ability to easily change the clock settings to OC the H boards; although that might put Tom in a tough spot with warranties.

I think with the ASIC storm coming it will be down to companies that help your hardware perform better, not another company with comparable hardware.  (Once we get a company that can actually ship demand that is)

I would really like to have the option to OC.  From the tests conducted it looks like the chips OC very well (theoretically one H-board should be able to pull 38 GH/s) so long as you can keep them cool.  I have no problem dumping a lot of self-adhesive heatsinks all over the chips and voltage regulators on board.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
ps.  If you are looking for a good product idea, I recommend keeping chips out of it for now --- the chip pricing seems too steep for the segment you are in.  Build a M-board clone that can mate with the H-boards and be a hero!  Right now the "starter' kit is going to be $1300 in October. That includes a 500 H-board... which means the kit minus H-board is $800.  You guys should be able to build a clone for $40 and sell it for $200 with no bitfury asics.  Sell a pro model with larger gap spacing for heat sinks and fans and higher power for $400...  Just my .0003 btc.

I think with the ASIC storm coming it will be down to companies that help your hardware perform better, not another company with comparable hardware.  (Once we get a company that can actually ship demand that is)
Agreed...
I wish you the best.

I think the chip pricing may be putting you guys in a tough spot (even at $20/chip). 

At the high end, the H-board beat you price performance... and the price gap is fairly small for a big jump in performance.
In the USB key space, you guys are going to be king of the hill!
But USB key space isn't for the serious miners (IMHO).  USB key mining is all about price.  This space is going to be dominated by K1 clones and AM in the sub $100 bracket.

Again... I hope you guys can make a go of it, because I know you have been working hard to make it happen.

Hopefully the market will say I am full of crap and you will be successful.

Best of luck you guys.

ps.  If you are looking for a good product idea, I recommend keeping chips out of it for now --- the chip pricing seems too steep for the segment you are in.  Build a M-board clone that can mate with the H-boards and be a hero!  Right now the "starter' kit is going to be $1300 in October. That includes a 500 H-board... which means the kit minus H-board is $800.  You guys should be able to build a clone for $40 and sell it for $200 with no bitfury asics.  Sell a pro model with larger gap spacing for heat sinks and fans and higher power for $400...  Just my .0003 btc.
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

You won't gain anything if it ships november to be honest, i wish they had lowered prices to be competitive.

I wish the chip prices were lower so we could be competitive Sad

How do you figure 70Watts of power usage from a port that only supplies 4.5Watts???

Doesn't look good.. won't even break even till next year?

How do you figure 70Watts of power usage from a port that only supplies 4.5Watts???

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
i don't get how you got those figures lol. what time frame are you looking at. like 1 year +?

Easy, go here:

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

Change Difficulty Increase/Month to 55% (the base 35% is not realistic and even 55% when most ASICs are hitting is VERY optimistic).

It gets pretty nasty pretty quick.  This is not a device that will ever pay for itself.

BUT, if you are buying it for the novelty factor . . . or for eBay flipping, then carry on.  Smiley
$100 per device seems like a good price... and still profitable as the bulk chips are $20 each in October.
Just playing with the numbers assuming USB is used with a laptop, and a conservative $85/btc rate.

Doesn't look good.. won't even break even till next year?

Activity: 392
i don't get how you got those figures lol. what time frame are you looking at. like 1 year +?
Jump to: