Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 223. (Read 576776 times)

vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
FYI CC payments through the site are currently turned off.  If you want to arrange payment, use the bank transfer payment method and note that you want to pay via CC.  Kat can process your card outside the site.  I expect to have a new payment integration done in the next couple days.

Cheers,
Dave
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Shocked Shocked Shocked

That looks awesome, already been working to fund one of these myself  Smiley

By the way, this project would go nicely with Bitfury rigs for standard ATX power that takes care of both the boards and the Pi:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263567.new#new

I know this is still in a prototype stage, but are there any specs available as far as the physical aspects (Size, mounting holes, etc)? Like many I'm sure, I am wanting to start mapping out some kind of mounting system/case.

I looked at that too for my enclosure but I don't think it will work because the hboard is using the GPIO pins and so do that little switching device.

It was stated the cards will be mini-molex by Buzzdave on the next revision  Smiley

Victory!  Missed that, I'll have to change the front panel on mine now!
Activity: 462
Free World
I really really really really hope...

you guys can meet your said deadline...

I am saving some money to get the 400GH on October...
Activity: 251
I was thinking more about shriking the H-boards, not the m-boards. right now, there is a decent gap between each bitfury chip that could surely be reduced with some design revisions or adjustment of resistor placement. However, this would still increase the heat density...

Yes, the gap is purely for spreading heat. There only a few little components, and a few traces between the chips, so, electrically, the gap could be reduced to almost zero. It's the heat that is a concern.
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
Dave,
for a display on the RPi, you might want to look at:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-8-TFT-LCD-module-LCD-sys-info-display-temperature-fan-AIDA64-LCD-Smartie-/121004607232?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2c6fc700
This is the one with the frame mounted, they also have a frame less version and they work off the USB connection

The code could be incorporated into the cgminer fork being developed
Activity: 798
www.DonateMedia.org
Shocked Shocked Shocked

By the way, this project would go nicely with Bitfury rigs for standard ATX power that takes care of both the boards and the Pi:

I know this is still in a prototype stage, but are there any specs available as far as the physical aspects (Size, mounting holes, etc)? Like many I'm sure, I am wanting to start mapping out some kind of mounting system/case.

I looked at that too for my enclosure but I don't think it will work because the hboard is using the GPIO pins and so do that little switching device.

It was stated the cards will be mini-molex by Buzzdave on the next revision  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
there is a decent amount of PCB space between boards. Is there a reason for that, or will version 2 boards be designed more densely in order to shrink the size?
There are no plans to shrink the size right now. Of course, the closer the boards, the more difficult it will be to get the heat out. Maybe after more real-world data, a size shrink could be done.

I was thinking more about shriking the H-boards, not the m-boards. right now, there is a decent gap between each bitfury chip that could surely be reduced with some design revisions or adjustment of resistor placement. However, this would still increase the heat density...
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
So far what is the wattage use of the prototype?
there is a decent amount of PCB space between boards. Is there a reason for that, or will version 2 boards be designed more densely in order to shrink the size?
There are no plans to shrink the size right now. Of course, the closer the boards, the more difficult it will be to get the heat out. Maybe after more real-world data, a size shrink could be done.
Activity: 285
I put in a refund request today on the website, will update and let everyone know how that goes.  (Ordered 1 25gh/s kit + 7 h-boards for ~49 btc.)

Can I inquire why you would want a refund?
My guess is that he doesn't believe that 200GH received at the end of October will return 49btc in its useful life.
My calculations are very rough, but I get 54 total BTC... so a very slight profit but risky.  If BTC price can get up a bit higher, I am interested in the october delivery, but with current prices, the risk/reward just isn't there for me yet.
My calculations may be ridiculous though as I am forecasting 130M on Nov. 1st.

I am forecasting ~150M on Nov. 1st with an avg of 20% diff increase per cycle until then.  With that model,  200 GH/s at 49 btc never pays off.  What might happen though is in a month for now diff is so high that Bitfurry slashes prices for current orders to keep everyone from backing out, and then I cry because I lost my place in line Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
I put in a refund request today on the website, will update and let everyone know how that goes.  (Ordered 1 25gh/s kit + 7 h-boards for ~49 btc.)

My guess is that he doesn't believe that 200GH received at the end of October will return 49btc in its useful life.

My calculations are very rough, but I get 54 total BTC... so a very slight profit but risky.  If BTC price can get up a bit higher, I am interested in the october delivery, but with current prices, the risk/reward just isn't there for me yet.

My calculations may be ridiculous though as I am forecasting 130M on Nov. 1st.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I think an upper edge slot brace is a good idea.  These are hand made prototypes, so Cscape used the caps he had on hand - I know he recommended a larger cap along the way too, so perhaps you are seeing the newer assembled boards vs the boards he made a couple weeks ago.

There was a mismatch between the capacitor shape on the board, and the capacitor mentioned in the parts list. I ordered the (smaller) caps on the BOM, but noticed it didn't really fit well on the footprint on the board. I put the small ones on anyway (with hand soldering it is just possible to do that), but ordered the bigger ones for a better fit, and used those on later boards.

Electrically they both work, so there was no need to replace the smaller ones on the first couple of boards.

thanks for the response, I wasnt sure if i was seeing things or if there were just different versions of board in there.

Activity: 285

EDIT:
Received the proper refund in btc on the next buisness day after submitting.  (Lost 1.2 btc in the exchange rate, but thats just life Smiley)   

+1 for their refund policy.
Activity: 798
www.DonateMedia.org
 Shocked Shocked Shocked

vip
Happy with your c-scape product ? Consider a tip: 16X2FWVRz6UzPWsu4WjKBMJatR7UvyKzcy

Remember this when you get your kits.
I think an upper edge slot brace is a good idea.  These are hand made prototypes, so Cscape used the caps he had on hand - I know he recommended a larger cap along the way too, so perhaps you are seeing the newer assembled boards vs the boards he made a couple weeks ago.

There was a mismatch between the capacitor shape on the board, and the capacitor mentioned in the parts list. I ordered the (smaller) caps on the BOM, but noticed it didn't really fit well on the footprint on the board. I put the small ones on anyway (with hand soldering it is just possible to do that), but ordered the bigger ones for a better fit, and used those on later boards.

Electrically they both work, so there was no need to replace the smaller ones on the first couple of boards.
vip

2) Per the website:
- 25 GH = 16 chips & 400 GH = 16*16 = 256 chips ->  they both average ~1.5GH per chip.
- But the chip page states 2.7 GH per chip.  

Does that mean the 25 GH full kit's real hashrate is ~43GH(2.7 * 16), and the 400GH is ~691 GH(2.7 * 256)?  

3) Are the inventory numbers for the Oct fullkits accurate? right now it shows a 378 unit left for the 400GH, if all 378 gets sold will they all be delivered in Oct?

Thanks, i like how this is not dependent on avalon and already has asic chips in hand.

buzzdave, can you please answer the above questions, i am thinking of placing an order for the oct 400gh unit after the july shipment was confirmed, but like to have the above answered. Thanks

#2 chips are capable of over 3Gh/s under highly controlled conditions, but our boards are underclocked in order to avoid issues described many times in this thread.

Does that mean the 25 GH full kit's real hashrate is ~43GH(2.7 * 16), and the 400GH is ~691 GH(2.7 * 256)?  
I'm making no promises here, but Tytus is seeing peaks of 130+ Gh/s from his 4 card rig.  This could be just a phenomenon of pool stats.  I see 101 Gh/s at this time.  He's sending to Slush, so I can't provide a link to the stats

#3 I took a stab at inventory numbers for October.  I don't know yet how many we will be able to offer, but I'm confident we can provide what I sell.  If we have more available, I'll adjust quantity as we get closer to October.
vip
these for Boards for Aug. delivery?

Hboard is underclock for no heatsink.

This is a prototype rig, hand assembled.  The design is for the 100TH project which is *just* starting to mine - most of the hardware for that is still in China.

August delivery boards will have some minor changes as noted - rPi connector, power plugs
Jump to: