Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 249. (Read 576776 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 255
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Here are pics for those who haven't seen anything yet.

H-Board - 25Gh/s

Pictures of the M-board:

So each of those H-boards is powered off the M-board, pulling about 2A @ 12V? So the M-Board needs ~35A @ 12V for a fully populated board?

So why is there only one power plug/screwdown, for one wire? Will this change? A standard ATX PSU doesn't have wires big enough to carry 35A, and I'd hate to have to custom wire something up.

Or will purchasing a miner with a M-board come with an included PSU? Guess I should have asked that first, but the site makes it sound like the customer supplies the PSU.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
I didn't see it mentioned in the thread...

Is there a plan to add October Delivery Starter Kits at a lower price than the August kit?
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
Ohhh..., so Bitfury 55nm ASIC Chips (Qty 10) - July Delivery (and October one) has 200 reward points there.. what are they and what do you do with them?
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Hey Dave, I had read that you were previously involved in the Basic screwup.  I wanted to know why this project will be different before I invest any money with you.
lol. The screw-up had nothing to do with Dave. It was Tom that was the screw-up. Dave was merely the customer support guy and he did a VERY excellent job at it I might add. He spent hours each day processing refunds and trying to figure out what the hell Tom was doing. I believe Dave also compiled the whole list of BTC orders and who was owed what. Paying back BTC was on Tom. Dave did everything he could in his powers to help us customers of bASIC out.
Thanks for clearing that up.  I hope Tom didn't rub off on him. 
Ya, the problem was putting too many eggs in one mans basket, which was out of Dave's control. I think Dave did the best he could in that situation.
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
vip
Activity: 472
If you were a credit card customer of bASIC, you'd probably have no qualms placing an order with Dave. No SSL cert? Just use a virtual account number and close the account once the transaction posts.

SSL is getting installed as we speak...the site may briefly go down.

The main differences here are: #1 Bitfury.  Do some research on this guy.  He pioneered FPGA bitstreams for bitcoin, and now he's done the same with ASIC.  That guy is one of the big brains.  The chip exists, is independently verified by multiple engineers on this forum and is already hashing on those test rigs.  This brings me to #2 Team.  Tytus is a very technical and solid business guy, capable of putting together and funding projects like this one.  Intron/C-scape - these guys were building PCB's for the Bitfury chip before they even had a sample in hand.  And their stuff worked first try.  More big brains.  Punin - super capable product designer, including PCB work.  He also does web and can totally handle Euro sales.  Me.  Well I just work hard to make up for my shortcomings  Shocked

donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
If you were a credit card customer of bASIC, you'd probably have no qualms placing an order with Dave. No SSL cert? Just use a virtual account number and close the account once the transaction posts.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Judging by how Dave has been communicating with us so far, I don't see that being a problem.
Activity: 342
Hey Dave, I had read that you were previously involved in the Basic screwup.  I wanted to know why this project will be different before I invest any money with you.

lol. The screw-up had nothing to do with Dave. It was Tom that was the screw-up. Dave was merely the customer support guy and he did a VERY excellent job at it I might add. He spent hours each day processing refunds and trying to figure out what the hell Tom was doing. I believe Dave also compiled the whole list of BTC orders and who was owed what. Paying back BTC was on Tom. Dave did everything he could in his powers to help us customers of bASIC out.

Activity: 576

Activity: 420
some 30 stocks gone to Eu site I think.
Activity: 572
i think between 100-125 25g kits

I think it was set to 300, I checked the website within the first 30min of OP posting and stock count was 292, I waited for another 30-45min while I did some research
and ended up ordering 4 x 25gh units and my order ID was less than <#40  Grin
Activity: 342
E
Activity: 234
Merit: 100
I've opened a thread to discuss H-board hosting; I have 14 slots available atm.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/preopenbitfury-h-board-hosting-14-14-avail-pacnw-insured-000kwh-252556

I'll remove this comment if OP doesn't want it in this thread.
Activity: 602
i think between 100-125 25g kits
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
any idea how many sold? I got order #13X, not long before they finished selling the pre-orders
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Yea, I was planning on waiting a bit, but now I'm glad I didn't. Though I guess I'm not surprised that they sold out that quickly. Let's hope for the best on this one.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Haha, damnit. Was about to place an August order for a 25 kit. Oh well. Good luck to everyone that ordered, and hope everything proceeds smoothly for everyone !

Really nice seeing more options becoming available.

Now i feel good about taking the plunge  Grin     lets hope bitfury can deliver!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Haha, damnit. Was about to place an August order for a 25 kit. Oh well. Good luck to everyone that ordered, and hope everything proceeds smoothly for everyone !
Really nice seeing more options becoming available.
Why didnt you order one last night?

... because I was sleeping on it and wanted to follow the thread more closely before pulling the trigger. Oh well. Snooze lose etc...
Jump to: