Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 33. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Are there any plans to sell chips on MBP online store anytime soon? Thanks

Stay tuned.  I'll make an announcement real soon, once I get all the details.

Thanks, I hope the prices are competitive.

They are patiently waiting Wink
Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Stay tuned.  I'll make an announcement real soon, once I get all the details.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
BFL is low price now for 50Gh/s for less than 1k usd and 10Gh/s less than 400usd.  I got email from them today.

edit: 230Gh/s for 4300usd.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

Distributors worldwide are sold out of the chips. They are purportedly going to be back in stock late January early February
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Activity: 553
Is anyone else still waiting for a refund on the October batch?

Please shoot both me and Yvonne an email so we can get to the bottom of this.  First time I'd heard of it. 
sales@
support@

Thanks,
Jason
Activity: 518
Is anyone else still waiting for a refund on the October batch?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Possible bug in the V3 image:  When the pool experiences an outage (due to DDOS) the mining software auto-tunes the chips for entire cards down to 52 and leaves them there.

Guaranteed solution: manually tune your chips and do not use the autotune feature (it's not that clever either way and you will be better able to tune the chips yourself)
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Possible bug in the V3 image:  When the pool experiences an outage (due to DDOS) the mining software auto-tunes the chips for entire cards down to 52 and leaves them there.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
even at 3.15 btc, the jan batch of antminers will be hard pressed to make that back, given the diff is doubling MoM.  So they either need to accept fiat or lower the purchase price in BTC otherwise you will be throwing away BTC.  (This is coming from the mindset that you are long term accumulating btc.)

I agree that 3.15 BTC may be hard to get back. The 4.25BTC batch though has already returned around 2.5 BTC per miner though Smiley

and im happy buying hardware as long as it can return at minimum 90% of its cost, since the hardware retains 'ebay value' and is something of a hobby.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
You are missing their business objectives.  They sold boards to fund their mine.  You, the consumer, are no longer needed until they liquidate existing stock for next gen.

Exactly this, which is what makes Bitfury seem so unpalatable to me moving forward.

Very unfortunate to see an ASIC manufacturer we all had such high hopes and regard for, become so transparently selfish Sad Very happy with their gear, but this recent pricing is just slimy and carries the stench of Cartel-like behavior.

No slag against Dave at all. He's been a standup guy throughout all this, and sad to see him get dragged into this pricing messiness Sad
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Bitfury is really falling behind in my eyes. unless they can keep up they will make no sales. (IMO, an H-board should already be less than 0.7BTC if they want to keep up with the competition)

You are missing their business objectives.  They sold boards to fund their mine.  You, the consumer, are no longer needed until they liquidate existing stock for next gen.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
even at 3.15 btc, the jan batch of antminers will be hard pressed to make that back, given the diff is doubling MoM.  So they either need to accept fiat or lower the purchase price in BTC otherwise you will be throwing away BTC.  (This is coming from the mindset that you are long term accumulating btc.)
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Don't bother. At the current prices, there's no use buying these.

IMO, full rigs need to drop down to ~$6k to be competitive at this point. Throwing money at Bitmain presently makes more sense.

The present pricing leads me to believe that the Bitfury directors are making way more money mining with their hardware than selling it, and selling to us at a reasonable price would be counter to their present goals of controlling as much hashrate as they can and keeping it out of their customers' hands. Where have we seen this before...

IOW: Tytus got greedy, and is flying the middle-finger in our faces with his outrageous current pricing.

I wrote Tytus complaining about the pricing. He responded that he is not in charge and then wrote a wordy bitcoin economics lessen that I could not follow.  I doubt it made a difference but the next day the h boards dropped from $999 to $675.
All I know is they are still too expensive and sushi has been getting a lot of my money lately.

+1 and +1

Bitfury is really falling behind in my eyes. unless they can keep up they will make no sales. (IMO, an H-board should already be less than 0.7BTC if they want to keep up with the competition)
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

IMO, full rigs need to drop down to ~$6k to be competitive at this point. Throwing money at Bitmain presently makes more sense.

The present pricing leads me to believe that the Bitfury directors are making way more money mining with their hardware than selling it, and selling to us at a reasonable price would be counter to their present goals of controlling as much hashrate as they can and keeping it out of their customers' hands. Where have we seen this before...

IOW: Tytus got greedy, and is flying the middle-finger in our faces with his outrageous current pricing.

I wrote Tytus complaining about the pricing. He responded that he is not in charge and then wrote a wordy bitcoin economics lessen that I could not follow.  I doubt it made a difference but the next day the h boards dropped from $999 to $675.
All I know is they are still too expensive and sushi has been getting a lot of my money lately.
Activity: 681
After the New Year, we're going to have a full-time dedicated shipping & receiving person in the warehouse and I am here to ensure that we make sure there is less of a communications gap with everyone.

Yeah really. They've probably received less than 20 orders in the last 2 weeks. That guy's going to be twiddling his thumbs most of the day.

Can we hope that means they'll finally offer reasonable prices? (~$6k for a full rig)
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
After the New Year, we're going to have a full-time dedicated shipping & receiving person in the warehouse and I am here to ensure that we make sure there is less of a communications gap with everyone.

+1

28K for 1TH, that is crazy.  You'll not recover half of BTCs paid.  Don't buy at these prices.
Full kits should be priced at $2K.  But they are "Fool Kits" so  I guess the pricing is right.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Hey Jason, when are the V1.2 board orders shipping?

Ha, I was just about ready to post about them! (just got back from the family holiday thing)
Yvonne says the V1s came in and will be shipped out tonight.  Both Fed-ex and UPS were backed up with packages, and with the holidays - it made a nice mess of things.

I want to apologize about putting them online saying they were in stock, I did not know they were on the way.  After the New Year, we're going to have a full-time dedicated shipping & receiving person in the warehouse and I am here to ensure that we make sure there is less of a communications gap with everyone.

In other news, just got done with a nice 'How-to' guide for the V3s - taking about 220 pages and consolidating it into an easy to read guide with pictures and links.  

I also have a quick question for those with V3 kits - did anyone have any trouble setting the IP addresses with the V3 image over the V2 and V1 images?  Just curious.

Thanks!  Just got tracking a few minutes ago.  And the love the next day air.  
Pages:
Jump to: