Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 32. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Yeah I found the 180GH stand alone units to be stupidly simple to setup and very reliable once up and running. Bitfury units on the other hand (perhaps with the exception of v2.2 h-cards with the latest motherboard) are finicky and prone to errors and drops in hashrate. You have to spend a lot of time hand tuning the rigs and even then the cards could just mysteriously decide to crap out on you with SPI and MISO errors, etc.

Anyways, the conclusion is that currently antminers offer better value for the money. If you want the absolute most power efficient though you still have no choice but to go with bitfury rigs.

+1. If bitfury was the same $/GHash I would probably take an antminer, even at the expense of 2x the power use. The antminer is incredibly stable at 200GH (+/- 2%), is structurally sound (no wobbling cards or the M-board tipping over due to a heavy RPI/ethernet cord), and very easy to setup.

oh, and you wont be reformatting SD cards everytime you turn off the power
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Yeah I found the 180GH stand alone units to be stupidly simple to setup and very reliable once up and running. Bitfury units on the other hand (perhaps with the exception of v2.2 h-cards with the latest motherboard) are finicky and prone to errors and drops in hashrate. You have to spend a lot of time hand tuning the rigs and even then the cards could just mysteriously decide to crap out on you with SPI and MISO errors, etc.

Anyways, the conclusion is that currently antminers offer better value for the money. If you want the absolute most power efficient though you still have no choice but to go with bitfury rigs.
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
price dont look good for new year 2014 back to 999.00 usd for Hboard and 10 or more for 650.00 usd each hboard.
Prices haven't changed recently.  V1.2 are $675 and V2.2 are $700.

Meanwhile, Antminer 180GHs prices keep dropping  Undecided

Maybe because Antminers are a pain in the ass to run. I spent a day trying to get two to run on a machine that was running blue furys and gave up. After reading the forum a bit, i get the feeling that antminers want their own machine. I've got two sitting on a shelf doing nothing.

180GH Antminers are their own machines and are easy to setup and run IMO. But I guess you're referring to the USB stick version.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
price dont look good for new year 2014 back to 999.00 usd for Hboard and 10 or more for 650.00 usd each hboard.
Prices haven't changed recently.  V1.2 are $675 and V2.2 are $700.

Meanwhile, Antminer 180GHs prices keep dropping  Undecided

Maybe because Antminers are a pain in the ass to run. I spent a day trying to get two to run on a machine that was running blue furys and gave up. After reading the forum a bit, i get the feeling that antminers want their own machine. I've got two sitting on a shelf doing nothing.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

that 3 btc for this miner.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

That's because Bitmain actually want your business, Bitfury and team do not. Solution is simple, buy Antminers.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
OK, I started a thread for a group buy for bare chips.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=396536.new#new

Everything is tentative right now since I have not heard back from megabigpower, I just sent an email last night stating I want to purchase 1 reel. Right now I am just taking reservations to see if there is enough interest to fill a full reel. So I am not requiring payment until it is official, but we only have till the 7th to get this all together.

I am adding the 3 people that responded last night, but please confirm in the group buy thread.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
I would also take 100.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
I would also take 100 chips.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
Is anyone interested in pooling an order for a reel of Bitfury chips? I want at least 100 myself, but will take up to 500 personally. I am interested in a group buy if Megabigpower has no aversion to it. I would rather just order through one, but will organize one if there is enough interest.

id be in for up to 50 or so
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Is anyone interested in pooling an order for a reel of Bitfury chips? I want at least 100 myself, but will take up to 500 personally. I am interested in a group buy if Megabigpower has no aversion to it. I would rather just order through one, but will organize one if there is enough interest.
Activity: 630
I had an H-card fail and have been trying to RMA it since Dec 15th.

On Dec 18th got this email:
Hi Alex,

I have received your RMA and I expect to be able to ship out your replacement this week. I will include a return label for your faulty unit. Thank you for doing business with us.

--
Best Regards,
Yvonne

It didn't ship...

Asked again on Dec 26th...got this response:
Hi Alex,

I apologize for the continued delay, due to the holidays shipping has been interrupted, we expect to be able to ship your order soon. I will contact you as soon as it ships.

Best Regards,
Yvonne

This card has been down for nearly 2 difficulty periods.  There is no way to recover the lost revenue at this point.  I was going to order another full kit in January, but now I am going with Antminers.   Get your customer service together!!!!!

Tomorrow's difficulty increase is going to be a little less than expected, so I'll currently pay $425 per card shipped Jan 2.
Activity: 420
Activity: 327
Time for a 75% off New Years special I think.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
OK - he's the info from Dave:

1) $15,000 for a reel of 3000 chips.  Orders are pre-paid only and non-cancel / non-return.  Payment needs to be by Jan 7th via wire transfer or BTC. Available for Delivery mid Feb.

2) We are going to order a roll to break up and sell by chips.   Singles will be put up on the store once they are physically in hand - probably mid-late Feb.  We don't have a price yet per chip.

If you are interested in a full roll, please contact either sales@ or support@ and we will get back to you as soon as possible.  I'll give everyone a heads up when I'm about ready to put them up in the store once we get them in hand mid-Feb 2014.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

-Jason

mid-feb? by that time $5/GH will be the going rate for machines, and these chips are only capable of ~2.5GH.
Activity: 553
OK - he's the info from Dave:

1) $15,000 for a reel of 3000 chips.  Orders are pre-paid only and non-cancel / non-return.  Payment needs to be by Jan 7th via wire transfer or BTC. Available for Delivery mid Feb.

2) We are going to order a roll to break up and sell by chips.   Singles will be put up on the store once they are physically in hand - probably mid-late Feb.  We don't have a price yet per chip.

If you are interested in a full roll, please contact either sales@ or support@ and we will get back to you as soon as possible.  I'll give everyone a heads up when I'm about ready to put them up in the store once we get them in hand mid-Feb 2014.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

-Jason

BFL is low price now for 50Gh/s for less than 1k usd and 10Gh/s less than 400usd.  I got email from them today.

edit: 230Gh/s for 4300usd.

BFL is still way overpriced. Take that 230GH unit for example: $18.50/GH and 4.5W/GH. Compare with a 180GH Antminer at $12.60/GH and 2W/GH. And both are now a bad investment IMO, along with Bitfury unless they cut their prices almost in half. Paying more than $10/GH right now is a bad idea. (I count Bitfury as 38GH/card)
Pages:
Jump to: