Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 34. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Hey Jason, when are the V1.2 board orders shipping?

Ha, I was just about ready to post about them! (just got back from the family holiday thing)
Yvonne says the V1s came in and will be shipped out tonight.  Both Fed-ex and UPS were backed up with packages, and with the holidays - it made a nice mess of things.

I want to apologize about putting them online saying they were in stock, I did not know they were on the way.  After the New Year, we're going to have a full-time dedicated shipping & receiving person in the warehouse and I am here to ensure that we make sure there is less of a communications gap with everyone.

In other news, just got done with a nice 'How-to' guide for the V3s - taking about 220 pages and consolidating it into an easy to read guide with pictures and links. 

I also have a quick question for those with V3 kits - did anyone have any trouble setting the IP addresses with the V3 image over the V2 and V1 images?  Just curious.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Hey Jason, when are the V1.2 board orders shipping?
Activity: 681
At the current exchange rate and difficulty factor, I'd pay $390 per card. If they want to sell, they need to lower the price, or pray that the exchange rate skyrockets again, to at least $1150/BTC.

They've lowered the price a few times, but usually too little too late. If they'd been willing to sell at their current $650 price just 12 days ago, I'd have bought a bunch.
Activity: 504
yep.....  network difficulty doubled......   they wouldnt ROI at $8,000 lets charge $11,000 then......   
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
lol,   raise the prices by $3,000 and it no longer comes with the rPi,   

who's getting greedy now?

I was hoping/expecting a price decrease to match the Difficulty increases, guess not.  I quite like Bitfury, everything he's done in the past, and had hoped for an opportunity to support him.  Looks like that won't be happening, back to Bitmain it is.
Activity: 504
lol,   raise the prices by $3,000 and it no longer comes with the rPi,   

who's getting greedy now?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Beans, I forgot to ask you, is your rig overclocked (ie pencil mod)?

There factory overclocked, but I've tried lowering them all to 25gh and I didn't see any change as far as boards dropping off.

Ah, sorry I forgot you have v2.2 hcards. Yeah for those the best is to leave them at stock voltage but adjust the frequency in the miner config file. Try starting with a clock rate of 52.

It could also be that your m-board is bad. Did you talk with Dave about getting it swapped?
Activity: 518

There factory overclocked, but I've tried lowering them all to 25gh and I didn't see any change as far as boards dropping off.
Activity: 602
Where is the Christmas half off Special!

Smiley

you mean 80% off...to make any "sense"
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Where is the Christmas half off Special!

Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
None of my units run properly. I've tried everything, but the cards just drop offline if they show up in the first place. Then slots start going dead entirely and cards never show up on them again. I thought maybe I had a bad component. I just got two new 100gh units today, that I bought specifically to get my October unit working finally. These ones are just doing the same thing, so there goes that plan. They don't even run for 2 minutes without dropping cards. I've lost so much time and money and these things it's disgusting.  I've averaged about 50gh on my october unit, and I'm talking about 15 cards not 1.

Try this post from GandalfG from a while back that was helpful to create a bunch of troubleshooting configs.

I recently had a rig go "weird" on me where a card decided to just up-and-die after 2-5 minutes. Plenty of airflow and cooling. It's in a Spotswood case for stability, and had been working fine for a month or so now.

Had to set the one "weird" board to aIfDSo 52 in /opt/bitfury/best.cnf and the rig has been humming along well since.

Code:
pi@bf02:/run/shm$ cat /opt/bitfury/best.cnf
1 aIfDSo 52
2 aIfDSo 52
3 aIfDSo 52
4 aIfDSo 52
5 aIfDSo 52
6 aIfDSo 52
7 aIfDSo 52
8 aIfDSo 52
9 aIfDSo 52
10 aIfDSo 52
11 aIfDSo 52
12 aIfDSo 52
13 aIfDSo 52
14 aIfDSo 52
15 aIfDSo 52
16 aIfDSo 52
pi@bf02:/run/shm$

Okay I got it working. The only problem I got now is that I can only get bank number 1-11 working. I have 12 plugged in. but only 11 looks to be working.
I’m have a problem running the rig when I have all 16 h boards plugged in. it would just power up and shut off. But when I remove 4 (left with 12) it would power on and I would be able to hash. However it would only hash with 11 boards. i've also notice that after hashing for about 20min or so, some of the h boards stop hashing. only 4 would be hashing still and the rest would stop. why is that?

Any idea on how to fix this problem.

i doubt that its the psu. but i could be wrong. my psu is 700w and 570w towards 12v. i have 2 pci-e cables on the psu.
if you think its the psu. please direct me to the right place to buy the right psu.
psu model:
coolmax
cu700b

Mboard version ?

mboard is v3.0
Ok there is 16  factory overclocked board. I think PSU can't handle that much.
First set speed on all boards to 52
Login to Pi and do command

Code:
rm /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; for i in {1..256} ; do echo -e "$i\taIfDSo\t52" >> /opt/bitfury/best.cnf ; done

1 - After that try run with 12 boards for test for 30 min.
2 - If no hash drop, shutdown miner and add 1 more board.
3 - Make test.
Repeat for max board count working stable.

I strongly suggest decrease voltage on all boards. Turn little pot near Pulse inductor on Hboards counterclockwise about a quarter turn or so.

legendary
Isn't he losing hashrate by not having a reliable rig. I'd rather get another m-board and spread the cards around then have to put up with constant maintenance and/or failures.

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Here is what you need to do. Take out 4 cards. Run your full rigs with 12 cards MAX. The mix and matched full rigs are unstable. 16 card full rigs will eventually become glitchy due to SPI bugs.
Losing 25% hashrate doesn't sound like a good option.

He just received 2 1/4 rigs.  He now has extra M boards to spread his full rig out.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Here is what you need to do. Take out 4 cards. Run your full rigs with 12 cards MAX. The mix and matched full rigs are unstable. 16 card full rigs will eventually become glitchy due to SPI bugs.

agreed.

another thought is that unless you have a lot of heatsinking and airflow the cards can become unstable above 35-37GH range (some will do 40GH but require a lot of tuning and cooling efforts). Its possible your cards are heating up with operatin and eventually getting into the 35-37GH reported speed then switching off due to heat.
donator
Activity: 543
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I have also found bfgminer to be much more stable than chainminer it will run for days with no issues
legendary
donator
Activity: 543
When I do find a card combination that seems to work, it's not long before a card drops off and even a reboot or reseating the cards doesn't fix the problem. I've tried hundreds of card combinations, I pretty much have to rearrange them every time I restart. Which is like 20 times a day. If I don't, eventually only 1 or 2 cards will be left running. If any at all.
I know that behaviour very well (from a total of 7 units, so at least it's consistent...). What I did to mitigate this was to follow the steps posted by punin:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3455392

Although I waited 10-15 mins between the power off/power on in Solution B. Only waiting a short time resulted in cards still not hashing after the hard reset. Maybe there is some kind of fuse that needs to reset, which takes some time. Dunno. Nevertheless, the units are now hashing with 400++ most of the time. Also note that reseating the cards never changed/helped anything for me. Only a hard reset with the unit being turned off for at least 10 minutes got all cards back to hashing, with the config change proposed by punin (turn off auto-tuning) helped to keep them hashing...
Activity: 518
None of my units run properly. I've tried everything, but the cards just drop offline if they show up in the first place. Then slots start going dead entirely and cards never show up on them again. I thought maybe I had a bad component. I just got two new 100gh units today, that I bought specifically to get my October unit working finally. These ones are just doing the same thing, so there goes that plan. They don't even run for 2 minutes without dropping cards. I've lost so much time and money and these things it's disgusting.  I've averaged about 50gh on my october unit, and I'm talking about 15 cards not 1.

Hmm, yeah they can be finicky/flaky, but I'm wondering did you make sure the cards are not wobbling? If they are left freestanding in the slots and you got a powerful fan blowing on them they will sway and wobble like crazy and this can cause them to work themselves loose from their respective slots. If you don't have a case for them I suggest maybe securing them by some method. Some have even used tape on the top of the cards. Also pay close attention to the slot arrangement. Make sure you have the cards distributed as evenly as possible across the various banks. Place the worst performing card at the end of the card chain.

I've tried securing them a few ways, they don't seem to move. Even with just about no airflow I get the same result.

When I do find a card combination that seems to work, it's not long before a card drops off and even a reboot or reseating the cards doesn't fix the problem. I've tried hundreds of card combinations, I pretty much have to rearrange them every time I restart. Which is like 20 times a day. If I don't, eventually only 1 or 2 cards will be left running. If any at all.

Pages:
Jump to: