Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 31. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
A lot of the people that say power consumption is not an issue are hosting their mining gear in some sort of data center type conditions. I'd say though that these are in the minority.

meh. my bill is $0.025/KwH
It is not necessarily just the cost of electricity used, but also the max. amps your circuits can handle as well as heat extraction issues. Any one of these could become the limiting factor that a serious home miner would run into as they scale up. Myself I had to lease a commercial warehouse because I was tripping residential breakers at 2 separate locations.

ah.

donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
A lot of the people that say power consumption is not an issue are hosting their mining gear in some sort of data center type conditions. I'd say though that these are in the minority.

It is not necessarily just the cost of electricity used, but also the max. amps your circuits can handle as well as heat extraction issues. Any one of these could become the limiting factor that a serious home miner would run into as they scale up. Myself I had to lease a commercial warehouse because I was tripping residential breakers at 2 separate locations.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Id actually conside the 100ghs kit,  if it were $1750 or so...     I can get 100ghs from bfl instock ready.to go for $1800ish...

at about 7x the power consumption though

Yea not really an issue for.me  Smiley

perhaps, but it seems like common sense. Come spring you will realise its going to become a very warm house into the summer
Activity: 504
Id actually conside the 100ghs kit,  if it were $1750 or so...     I can get 100ghs from bfl instock ready.to go for $1800ish...

Yea not really an issue for.me  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Activity: 681
strange business decisions. dave isn't selling much if any stock. AND while he's not selling anything the real value of the boards keeps dropping every week. the real prices will continue dropping so in the end he may have to liquidate his inventory at 100 per board where today he may get 300 for each one.

$300 sounds reasonable this week. How bout it Dave? Let them collect dust in the warehouse or sell them for $300? Their value sinks every day they sit unsold.

No need to go all the way to $300. Since the price of BTC has risen recently, I'll pay almost $500.
im starting to think AntMiner is just ASICMiner using a new name

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
strange business decisions. dave isn't selling much if any stock. AND while he's not selling anything the real value of the boards keeps dropping every week. the real prices will continue dropping so in the end he may have to liquidate his inventory at 100 per board where today he may get 300 for each one.

$300 sounds reasonable this week. How bout it Dave? Let them collect dust in the warehouse or sell them for $300? Their value sinks every day they sit unsold.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

I don't think Dave sets the price. I would say with the mine up, these selling are a very secondary goal if not tertiary. I would like to see a lower price as well but the only thing we can do is Buy or not. They are available for those that want them bad enough.

I just don't want them that bad.
Activity: 327

Yeah, makes no sense. This will be the first time I think the diff is really going to skyrocket, Jan-Feb has a lot of hashpower coming online. I know its already gone up a lot but I think I see it going from 10PH to 40-50PH in the next 3 months.
Activity: 602
Activity: 681
We find that placing the rigs on their left side eliminates the wobble and keeps the power cords from tugging the m-boards over.

Dave marked the USBs down, and the sale price for the full / half / quarter rigs are still valid.  We are shipping daily, as we have everything in stock.

https://megabigpower.com/shop/

It looks to me like many days you have no orders to ship, due to the prices.
Activity: 327
We find that placing the rigs on their left side eliminates the wobble and keeps the power cords from tugging the m-boards over.

Dave marked the USBs down, and the sale price for the full / half / quarter rigs are still valid.  We are shipping daily, as we have everything in stock.

No thanks.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

Although that's nice of you, I for one would wait until you guys are desperate for sales (not anytime soon it appears) before buying any additional h-cards/gear.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
oh, and you wont be reformatting SD cards everytime you turn off the power
Shutting the rig down properly would keep that from happening.  I've never had an SD card get scrambled.

Yep. "sudo shutdown -h now" every time with no problems so far. Additionally, I did blow a breaker and had one power off uncleanly that came back up uncorrupted, so YMMV I guess.
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
oh, and you wont be reformatting SD cards everytime you turn off the power

Shutting the rig down properly would keep that from happening.  I've never had an SD card get scrambled.

That said, I ordered one of the Antminer boxes yesterday.  I'd like to fill up my Bitfury rig (14 empty slots available), but the bang-for-the-buck just isn't there at current prices.  For BTC3, which would you pick: 180-200 GH/s for the Antminer S1 or 75-105 GH/s for three H-cards?  One option approximately doubles my total hashrate, while the other triples it.
Activity: 553

Pages:
Jump to: