Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 42. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I love Dave's gear, but I have to make sound financial decisions (is there such a thing in BTC mining?), picked up some Antminer gear.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Hi Dave,

Will there be a chip sale sometime soon? How about the broken / eol boards?

Thanks a lot
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
I just bought 10 v1.2 cards at 8.03 BTC ($749) each. Thanks Dave for the fair price.

Let us know if lube is going to be a part of the kit you are going to receive.  Smiley

Oops, off by a zero, meant 0.803 BTC. BTW, I'm planning on overclocking them. They wouldn't be worth it otherwise.

Whether it's worth it either way is seriously debatable.  

But you don't risk as much by buying in bulk.  You'll only lose $518 in the first 6 months on 10 boards at $749 per.  But after a year you will cut that to a loss of only $458.  Yes, in the second 6 months after you pay the pool and electric you will generate $60.

Of course if you can't afford 10 boards and have to purchase at $1000 per you might as well burn $300 of that investment because you won't see it.

Figures based on Coinish with BTC price and difficulty rate increase at current levels.

Psychologically I would have preferred it if they stayed out of stock.  The result is the same ------ spending my mining coins elsewhere.  But it saddens me because I was one of the first to order a starter kit(#12) and enjoyed working with Dave and his staff.  And I would not have a problem with a break even result or even a loss of $50 in a year or so.  But there are too many lower priced options out there to lose $300 a board.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
Well the part that I am annoyed with on top of the price is the fact I cant even buy a V3 M-board. So even if I wanted to spend the btc to buy an H-Board it would be useless.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I plan to turn on sales of H-cards tomorrow.  Remember, V1 H-cards will take a bit longer to get, but our manufacturer is very fast.  I will sell as many of those as you guys demand.

Dave, if I buy some v1 H-cards today at $749, when will they ship? The shop doesn't make it clear whether those are shipping immediately or backordered.

And where did you exactly find those $749 cards?

You need to buy in bulk of 10 or more

So $ 7490 for 250 GH/s ?

Roll Eyes

Great reward for old customers...

Antminer is a steal compared to this price (180-200 GH/s @ 4.25BTC ~ $ 3616)

10 Bitfury boards are easily 300GH/s out of the box.

Bitfury 10 board discount = $25/GH
AntMiner auction price 4.25BTC = $22/GH

Pretty darn close.  On a related note, I just set up my first AntMiner tonight.  Quite nice!  The network configuration was a bit tricky though.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I think min. 10 buy for discount too high but min. 5 buy for discount and not many of us got 7k or more to buy it.
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
I just bought 10 v1.2 cards at 8.03 BTC ($749) each. Thanks Dave for the fair price.

Let us know if lube is going to be a part of the kit you are going to receive.  Smiley

Oops, off by a zero, meant 0.803 BTC. BTW, I'm planning on overclocking them. They wouldn't be worth it otherwise.
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

Let us know if lube is going to be a part of the kit you are going to receive.  Smiley
I just bought 10 v1.2 cards at 0.803 BTC ($749) each. Thanks Dave for the fair price.
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
You can price it in BTC if you want or even in LTC, WDC or what ever.

This H-cards are overpriced.
end of line.
Agreed. The pricing issue is two fold. First the mechanics, which involves choice of currency, then marketing, which determines the amount. They're certainly not eager to sell out.
I just got a reply from Yvonne:
Q: "Are v1.2 H-cards in hand for immediate (i.e. same/next day) shipment yet?"
A: "They are in stock and ready to ship."
Activity: 504
You can price it in BTC if you want or even in LTC, WDC or what ever.

This H-cards are overpriced.
end of line.

Bitfury : 0,0352BTC@GH/s
Antminer :  0,0236BTC@GH/s

I'm maybe not as expericenced as you but i put my money where the best ratio BTC@GH/s is.

And it's definitely no more at Buttfurry.
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
I plan to turn on sales of H-cards tomorrow.  Remember, V1 H-cards will take a bit longer to get, but our manufacturer is very fast.  I will sell as many of those as you guys demand.

Dave, if I buy some v1 H-cards today at $749, when will they ship? The shop doesn't make it clear whether those are shipping immediately or backordered.

So $ 7490 for 250 GH/s ?

Roll Eyes

Antminer is a steal compared to this price (180 GH/s @ 4.25BTC ~ $ 3616)

As stated previously. Pricing mining equipment in fiat is toxic. It needs to be priced in bitcoin and quoted in fiat. Any experienced miner will tell you that. It's sad that dave doesn't implement it this way.
Activity: 504

So $ 7490 for 250 GH/s ?

Roll Eyes

Antminer is a steal compared to this price (180-200 GH/s @ 4.25BTC ~ $ 3616)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
I plan to turn on sales of H-cards tomorrow.  Remember, V1 H-cards will take a bit longer to get, but our manufacturer is very fast.  I will sell as many of those as you guys demand.

Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
I plan to turn on sales of H-cards tomorrow.  Remember, V1 H-cards will take a bit longer to get, but our manufacturer is very fast.  I will sell as many of those as you guys demand.

If the exchange rate at Bitstamp gets back up to about $1100/BTC by Monday night, I'll probably buy a few v1.2 cards at $999. At $1200/BTC, I'll buy a bunch more.

Or if Dave will accept 0.85 BTC per card now and ship Tue, I'll buy a bunch. Smiley
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I though this was suppose to give old customers, that stick with BitFury till the end, a chance to fill their kits. So why not give us a better chance to break even?

At $999 means BTC need to be around 2000$ now for it to make sense since old customers most likely will purchase with BTC.

No it means for every 1 you buy, his mine gets 8-9 "for free".  Buy up, there's no competition atm.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
I though this was suppose to give old customers, that stick with BitFury till the end, a chance to fill their kits. So why not give us a better chance to break even?

At $999 means BTC need to be around 2000$ now for it to make sense since old customers most likely will purchase with BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: