Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 44. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
999 $ !

Waow  Shocked
What a bargain...and add an M-board if you want a new rig...

Is Bitfury the new ASICminer ?
Because right now even ASICminer or Avalon hardware look cheaper...

And with all the new comers in Hardware (Antminer, HashFast and Cointerra...)
This move isn't very smart...

We all know that hardware isn't as expensive to produce....1 Bitfury chip for January will be 5$ by reel (think how they cost to build...), pcb cost peanuts...
I'm ok that a seller need to reward his work...but this price are insulting.

Bitfury was so promising, they raise the level...but at the end they fall like other greedy well known hardware manufacturer.
what a pity...
Activity: 602
come on. these prices are extremely fucked up!
cost is 2x after 2 months. no roi possible you are essentially buying a bitcoin at $1000

feels like a joke. slowly losing respect.

i'm pretty sure that everyone of your customers is slowly losing respect at this insulting offer.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
Some scab just bought a v2.2 card.

Not surprised this has happened as there will eventually come a fool knocking. However, it's good to see that since he announced the availability of new stock only 1 v2.2 card sold. It shows that the hashing power fever has subsided a bit.

Activity: 681
I see the RedFurys are in stock now, 474 pcs, at $299. I won't criticize the price, since USB stick miners are just expensive collectibles anyway.
Some scab just bought a v2.2 card.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
I have 4 v2 M-boards and 1 v1 M-board. Contact me if you're interested.

I just wanted a V3 so I could start to fill out a new board if Somehow BTC went back up to 1200+ to make these worth buying again. So I hope Dave decides to sell a few V3 boards as well as the H-Boards.
How do you get another V3 M-Board? Is there plans to sell M-Boards Dave?

Probably, but it will cost you a million dollars.

Haha, yeah double the price for an H-Board is a bit much. I was hoping they would go down in in price not up like everyone else I imagine.

Activity: 378
Merit: 255
I have 4 v2 M-boards and 1 v1 M-board. Contact me if you're interested.
legendary

Probably, but it will cost you a million dollars.
legendary
It's probably not coincidence that less than 12 hours after the exchange rate crashed, Dave showed up to say he'd soon start selling hardware again. Maybe whoever's actually supplying the hardware to Dave and punin saw the opportunity to take advantage of people who mistakenly value bitcoin mining hardware in fiat.

I am shocked how many people pay for hardware with coins and later on make less but due to the value of btc rising they feel that somehow they've made a profit.

It's probably not coincidence that less than 12 hours after the exchange rate crashed, Dave showed up to say he'd soon start selling hardware again. Maybe whoever's actually supplying the hardware to Dave and punin saw the opportunity to take advantage of people who mistakenly value bitcoin mining hardware in fiat.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
This is 3rd world economics.

I have seen this type of thing happen in other areas. At 3rd world beach resort areas places during low season they will raise their prices even though demand is way down. I guess the reasoning is that if they get that one dumb/desperate/naïve client they will be able to make some money.

Now, if they took the opposite tactic and attempted to make up the difference in volume... well, that just might work. You might have to move 3 times as many rooms/units to make the same money...

But in the bitcoin world... for the most part if you don't move the units now you wont be able to move them in the future at all.  Think about what a world will be like with .4BTC 100GH/S miners available. Just 3 months away.  A 1.5 BTC 25 GH/S unit will have no place in the market.

I have a very small farm running just under 200 GH/S. I have .6 BTC in preorders that will double that rate... and that was just for funs. People that are ordering 10 BA X-3 will be throwing around 20 TH/S of processing power. The scale of everything changes even for the little guy in 1 quarter.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Wanna buy more but 1 BTC is my limit Cheesy
legendary
Maybe Dave's availability counter is broken, cause I don't see the quantity available changing from 1000 at all. What's wrong with you fools, buy the boards now!! Tongue
I won't pay more than 0.85 BTC for a 36GH H-board, maybe 0.90 BTC if I were desperate, regardless (within reason) of the exchange rate. $999 would have made sense 3 days ago, but now it's a ripoff.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
At the current BTC price of under $1000, these boards make no sense based on the instantaneous usd/btc rate. It would make far more sense to price hardware in BTC, with instantaenous conversion rate to USD (like the opposite of bitpay). These boards will struggle to return more than 0.8BTC each in favorable conditions, and the current price is roughly 1.5BTC
As a point of reference, I ordered a 650GH Jupiter last month arriving this Monday. Paid $4500.

Today for the same $4500, I can only buy 4.5 25GH H-cards with a combined hashrate of ~130GH.

In other words, 5x as expensive.
legendary
Next diff adjustment (eta 2.5 days) you can expect to earn $405 per month (at the current btc price 688 which is likely to go lower still). If you pay with btc you _may_ break even in 3 months.
Um, no. $700/BTC, diff 910 million (2.5 days from now. You cannot get these cards before then), 30 day period, 25GH/card: you will earn $300. But guess what what: we will see at least *TWO*, and perhaps *THREE* difficulty increases during that 30 day period. So your true earnings will be significantly less than $300. Closer to $200. Not sure how you are getting $405. Sure, we can assume a best-case hashrate of 35GH/card. So instead of earning $200 in 30 days you will earn $250.

I think it is pretty clear that these boards are unlikely to earn back their $1000 purchase price. Not in BTC, and not in fiat. Not unless $/BTC goes up significantly. But if you think $/BTC will go up, you are better off buying coins directly and holding. If you think $/BTC is going to go down, this deal becomes even less attractive.

You are right, a bad deal no matter which way you slice it. I was just pasting the results of the alloscomp bitcoin calculator. Bear in mind that it shows the earnings for the current diff period and their estimated next diff rise, but it is all totally speculative and no way you can rely on their estimate.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Next diff adjustment (eta 2.5 days) you can expect to earn $405 per month (at the current btc price 688 which is likely to go lower still). If you pay with btc you _may_ break even in 3 months.
Um, no. $700/BTC, diff 910 million (2.5 days from now. You cannot get these cards before then), 30 day period, 25GH/card: you will earn $300. But guess what what: we will see at least *TWO*, and perhaps *THREE* difficulty increases during that 30 day period. So your true earnings will be significantly less than $300. Closer to $200. Not sure how you are getting $405. Sure, we can assume a best-case hashrate of 35GH/card. So instead of earning $200 in 30 days you will earn $250.

I think it is pretty clear that these boards are unlikely to earn back their $1000 purchase price. Not in BTC, and not in fiat. Not unless $/BTC goes up significantly. But if you think $/BTC will go up, you are better off buying coins directly and holding. If you think $/BTC is going to go down, this deal becomes even less attractive.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: