Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 45. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
And I thought BFL pricing was ridiculously high ... this isn't much better. I suspect there will be plenty of people to lap some up, but I'll pass this round. It doesn't sit well when the same board used to be $500 just a couple of months ago.

BTC went up a bit...

At the current BTC price of under $1000, these boards make no sense based on the instantaneous usd/btc rate. It would make far more sense to price hardware in BTC, with instantaenous conversion rate to USD (like the opposite of bitpay). These boards will struggle to return more than 0.8BTC each in favorable conditions, and the current price is roughly 1.5BTC

ps: it would be nice to see the v1.2 boards at a slightly lower price, simply as a favor to those that bought starter kits, and had only 1 small opportunity in october to fill them.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Are the H-cards even in stock?

Was hoping to fill out my starter kit but at that price point... yikes.

yes, in stock but for me I think I will pass it and too much for me 1kusd for one hboard.   yes, btc gone up but diff gone up + hashrate on pool up too.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
You would be better off buying Cubes.  They are immediately available.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I didn't think the v1 boards were in stock.

I plan to turn on sales of H-cards tomorrow.  Remember, V1 H-cards will take a bit longer to get, but our manufacturer is very fast.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Are the H-cards even in stock?

Was hoping to fill out my starter kit but at that price point... yikes.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
And I thought BFL pricing was ridiculously high ... this isn't much better. I suspect there will be plenty of people to lap some up, but I'll pass this round. It doesn't sit well when the same board used to be $500 just a couple of months ago.
BTC went up a bit...
I understand the business sensibilities. Nothing personal; this just isn't for me. One thing that I do like is the immediate availability of the hardware; the whole pre-order thing is starting to wear thin. Best of luck, Dave; I'll keep watching this space for further developments.
Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
There are better deal out there, even if this other hardware consumes more electricity. 11 btc for 280 GH? Why in the hell would I do that when I can get a Jupiter for just a few coins more and get 550 to 650?!

These are in stock, most likely ready to ship.  Jupiters are not.

The only other ASIC hardware that's available at a reasonable price is the Antminer, but they have been forum/auction style sales only so far.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Good boards OC to 35GH/s with little effort Wink
Cool, so OC they run about the same speed as a Chili.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
This is like watching drunks curse the price of the booze they're drinking...
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
There are better deal out there, even if this other hardware consumes more electricity. 11 btc for 280 GH? Why in the hell would I do that when I can get a Jupiter for just a few coins more and get 550 to 650?!
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Price is borderline insulting.

EDIT: So when you said breakeven in 2 months you meant only if difficulty stays where it is for 60 days.
In other words no one else in the world adds any additional hashing power to the network.
Buyer beware.  Based on current difficulty increases best case is you lose $350 in the first year.
vip
Activity: 472

BTC went up a bit...
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Any word on the 500 or so defective boards Dave mentioned?

I imagine those would take additional work since they need to be marked in some way to distinguish them from the new boards.  IE:  The folks that buy a new A/C at wally world and return the 12 year old clunker in the box a week later.

Sharpies do nicely
Cool, I would be interested in these boards as well. $100 - $200 a pop would be a nice price for EOL cards. BTW do you still have those 2layer gaffe boards ? 
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
The site is broken. When you go to checkout it lists the price as $0 and you cannot pay. Also $999 per h-card?! Get real!

Let's see here, spend $7992 for 8 h-cards get ~280 GH??!

vip

I imagine those would take additional work since they need to be marked in some way to distinguish them from the new boards.  IE:  The folks that buy a new A/C at wally world and return the 12 year old clunker in the box a week later.

Sharpies do nicely
vip

I'm working on a way to categorize them for sale...

I imagine those would take additional work since they need to be marked in some way to distinguish them from the new boards.  IE:  The folks that buy a new A/C at wally world and return the 12 year old clunker in the box a week later.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
$999...  *Looks over in the corner and sees a new car...*
Pages:
Jump to: