Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 51. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Did anyone get a refund from Dave? I've been waiting for 6 weeks...
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
i'm thinking that the bitcoin value is gonna crash down under $100, at least for a few days. But i have no idea why the demand is so great right now, so what do i know. Huh
Activity: 62
so the 200TH mine is now close to 250TH, and punin is talking about the next batch already - where is the updates from dave and the MBP team?

I have 2.25BTC in store credit that ive heard nothing about, other than that it *presumably* exists as a result of the hosting of the august starter kit. I would like to use it for some more H-boards but theres been no updates...

ps: am i the only one who would feel a little bitter if the H-boards went back into stock for more than $500? I know that the BTC price is up, but the production cost should be down, and weve been left in the cold for several big difficulty jumps...

It doesn't surprise me.  They are running a business and people are obviously willing to pay in order to chase the bubble created by the US hegemony talking of sowing it's oats and settling down on the topic.

Personally, I am banking on my own guesstimate that the price will settle down above $600.  But, that is just my amateur opinion.  I would hope that when the Jan 2014 batches come up, the various hardware sellers reflect this rather than the excitement fueled bubble.  And, also that this bubble will likely spawn a bunch of panic pre-orders for hardware which will spike difficulty when they get filled.  But, we'll see.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
so the 200TH mine is now close to 250TH, and punin is talking about the next batch already - where is the updates from dave and the MBP team?

I have 2.25BTC in store credit that ive heard nothing about, other than that it *presumably* exists as a result of the hosting of the august starter kit. I would like to use it for some more H-boards but theres been no updates...

ps: am i the only one who would feel a little bitter if the H-boards went back into stock for more than $500? I know that the BTC price is up, but the production cost should be down, and weve been left in the cold for several big difficulty jumps...
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
Interesting why is the seller selling. What does he know that we do not know Wink
There is a rumor in the Labcoin scam thread that it's the issuer of the shares that wanted to sell, someone spotted it and connected the dots. Now the eBay listing is gone, 'because the listing contained an error'...
Activity: 681
Merit: 500

I'm actually tempted... In USD terms it'll ROI easily, except that I'd have to sell bitcoins to get that USD, so...

Interesting why is the seller selling. What does he know that we do not know Wink

That price is 10x too low. I saw some BFL-based miners sell on this forum recently for about $17/GH, and those use far more electricity. That makes a full BitFury rig worth more than $10,000. He should be selling that lot of 25 rigs for $250,000.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

I'm actually tempted... In USD terms it'll ROI easily, except that I'd have to sell bitcoins to get that USD, so...

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Shipping confirmation received for RMAs ! Thanks Dave and Yvonne !

+1

tytytyty

What happens now? Was I already supposed to ship back the defective hardware (I haven't done so yet), or should I do it when I receive the replacement cards?

can you let me know too that I still had 2 hboards need to send back?  I was trying to get information to send back to Dave and no one tell me where to send back.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust

+1

tytytyty

What happens now? Was I already supposed to ship back the defective hardware (I haven't done so yet), or should I do it when I receive the replacement cards?
I would swap out your PSU with a more powerful one.  I saw similar problems, and moved to a PSU with 50% more wattage (i.e. more stable voltage on those PSI-E rails), and these problems disappeared for me.

These setups are incredibly sensitive to high-quality power delivery.

It's on a $200 Rosewill 1000W 80 Plus Platinum single rail PSU riding on top of a $200 pure-sine UPS.   I am getting a steady 12.01V at the power connections on the M-board.  I would have gone with another Seasonic.  But, this guy actually had better reviews for class I was looking at.  PSU efficiency maxes out around 50% load.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
I just got shipping confirmation on the RMA.  None to soon either:  Now the 8th slot is crapping out.

I would swap out your PSU with a more powerful one.  I saw similar problems, and moved to a PSU with 50% more wattage (i.e. more stable voltage on those PSI-E rails), and these problems disappeared for me.

These setups are incredibly sensitive to high-quality power delivery.
I just got shipping confirmation on the RMA.  None to soon either:  Now the 8th slot is crapping out.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Yeah, waiting on my RMA too:
7: 4.868GH/s <-bad card in a bad slot
8: 22.592GH/s <- fallout

The net loss is about 32.5 GH/s.

I've also got several more with weak, bad, or dead chips.  But, they seem to hash at above 25 GH.  So, I guess it's OK.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Call Yvonne.  She is very helpful.

yes. what is her number?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
did they ever get back to you about your rma? and if so how long did it take?

No response yet. Patiently waiting. Can only assumed they are slammed with their own mine and/or waiting for stock... but... yeah. Patiently waiting for a response.

They sent me an extra H board... I've pm'd Dave about how much he wants me to give him to let me keep the one I have that requires lower volts, lol.

For the sake of curiosity, how long did it take before you got a response ?

it only took about a week for me.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
Here's the V3 image, sorry for the delay.  Please *only* download this if you have the new overclocked V3 boards.  It will make previous boards run slower (clock reduced due to higher voltage).

This is not a new, improved version - its just what we shipped already, in case you get a bad SD card or your SD card corrupts.

This new image has a Shutdown button - use it rather than just pulling the plug on the power and your SD cards will do much better!

Cheers,
Dave

Wishing you all the best with your rigs and enjoy the high BTC prices!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skr9vitueeyxwmw/miner-v3-image-11-15-2013-customer.img

thanks Dave!
Pages:
Jump to: