Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 48. (Read 576772 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Hi everybody - I have not forsaken you!  I have indeed been very busy growing the mine and hiring/training additional team members.

I have *finally* got a new merchant account for CC processing!

Very soon I will open sales for the following:
-old style V1 H-boards
-new style V2.2 H-boards
-dodgy trouble cards, EOL's, noisy, etc.
-Limited Edition megabigpower.com Red Furies (not really for serious miners, more of a learning thing)

Soon means hopefully this week, but I'm travelling.  Turn around on V1 H-boards might be just a few days longer - we have to order those special.

Best,
Dave

And all the World (well, USA) rejoiced!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
Hi everybody - I have not forsaken you!  I have indeed been very busy growing the mine and hiring/training additional team members.

-old style V1 H-boards
-new style V2.2 H-boards
-Limited Edition megabigpower.com Red Furies (not really for serious miners, more of a learning thing)

Soon means hopefully this week, but I'm travelling.  Turn around on V1 H-boards might be just a few days longer - we have to order those special.

Best,
Dave

Oh god, thank you, thank you, thank you!
vip
Activity: 472
Merit: 250

-old style V1 H-boards
-new style V2.2 H-boards

Best,
Dave

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001
Dave is too busy with his own farm...  Cheesy

We have reached 400TH - actually its about 420 - 440TH, but some rigs aren't in stats yet.  I'll let Tytus comment on what he intends to do about any missing divs while pico was down.  I expect we'll be very near 500TH by end of the week Smiley

Cheers,
Dave

I kinda wish the support stuff was posted in another thread.  Every time I see new posts I get excited thinking maybe Dave has finally posted again... only to be let down by the tech stuff.  But I guess if it wasn't for those posts this thread would disappear and be forgotten.

Dave, why have you forsaken us?!  Cry

he's off doing whatever is going on with the 100Th (350TH) mine, which apparently lost its hot and cold wallet accounts this past week?

PS: I am still waiting to get or use my 2.25BTC in store credit. Its getting a bit weird now that im not getting any reply as to how/when i can receive it ro my wallet or be allowed to use it on hardware that isnt for sale...

Dave has been sporadic (at best) with communication the past month.  But now Punin has stopped posting too and he was sitting on a pile of V1.2 boards that he was afraid to sell without heatsinks because of excessive heat.  But it did seem like he had every intention to sell... until the BTC price skyrocketed.

This sucks!
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Hi Dave,

Should I say goodbye to the possibility to fill 28 empty slots on my M-boards? Please let me know so I can allocate the funds I've prepared to buy more H-Boards for others hardware.

Thanks.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Anyone knows where I could still get some bitfury chips?

Thanks!
Glow Stick Dance!
I kinda wish the support stuff was posted in another thread.  Every time I see new posts I get excited thinking maybe Dave has finally posted again... only to be let down by the tech stuff.  But I guess if it wasn't for those posts this thread would disappear and be forgotten.

he's off doing whatever is going on with the 100Th (350TH) mine, which apparently lost its hot and cold wallet accounts this past week?

PS: I am still waiting to get or use my 2.25BTC in store credit. Its getting a bit weird now that im not getting any reply as to how/when i can receive it ro my wallet or be allowed to use it on hardware that isnt for sale...

Dave has been sporadic (at best) with communication the past month.  But now Punin has stopped posting too and he was sitting on a pile of V1.2 boards that he was afraid to sell without heatsinks because of excessive heat.  But it did seem like he had every intention to sell... until the BTC price skyrocketed.

This sucks!
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Glow Stick Dance!
I kinda wish the support stuff was posted in another thread.  Every time I see new posts I get excited thinking maybe Dave has finally posted again... only to be let down by the tech stuff.  But I guess if it wasn't for those posts this thread would disappear and be forgotten.

Dave, why have you forsaken us?!  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1484
Seriously, packing peanuts jammed between the boards.  Mine have been running for almost two weeks now without interruption
legendary
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
I already have two rows of electrical tape across the top of the cards. Maybe I should redo my tape job.. gonna do that now in fact, will report back!

EDIT: It seems this temporarily fixed 3/4 of the boards that were not working. I have tried this before and I have a feeling that like last time, the boards will soon drop to 0Gh. I guess I need to figure out something else to keep the boards in place.

PS: PSU is not a problem, I am running both full rigs on their own separate ASUS Gold AX1200s
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I think these rigs are sensitive to movement of the cards, especially vibration from airflow when not secured. Occasionally I have to reseat my cards and restart chainminer.

yep THIS...i made a tension bridge out of clear tape  that pulled cards left or right (depending on side of board).   Do not put too much tension on the cards, but just have enough so they will not move when the air cools them.  GH/s much stable now.
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
I think these rigs are sensitive to movement of the cards, especially vibration from airflow when not secured. Occasionally I have to reseat my cards and restart chainminer.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Mine ran for about 10 days before the m-board started failing. Only one slot that works on and off now. Hopefully I can get it replaced this week.

Running into a similar problem myself Sad One of the RMA'd h-boards runs fine for about 5 minutes, and then starts creeping down to 0 before it dies. Restarting the miner gives it some more life until it gives up again. Forcing everything to 52, have two fans on ensuring everything is cool... strange. This gear is very... temperamental Sad

Was running fine for a week and suddenly starting dying on me today Sad Will continue troubleshooting :|

Edit: Yep, troubleshot some more. An H-card went flakey on me sometime today Sad If I stick the single flakey board in slot 0, it makes the m-board think there are 4 boards plugged in throwing massive errors. If I stick a working board in slot 0, and the flakey board in slot 1, slot 0 (good board) will eventually go to 0GHs and die completely, while the flakey board in slot 1 will hash at around ~30GH/s. If I throw the flakey card in slot 1 by itself, with nothing in slot 0, it doesn't work at all. I give up.

Edit2: More troubleshooting, put the unit on it's side, built a support structure out of Lego (cards slide into grooves on a long flat green lego board), and managed to Frankenstein the two cards to be stable @ ~30GH/s each. Very very strange *shrugs*

Edit3: Heh.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Mine ran for about 10 days before the m-board started failing. Only one slot that works on and off now. Hopefully I can get it replaced this week.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Just debugged a board with 4 dead chips!
http://i.imgur.com/OdEqGef.jpg

Somewhat related, one of the boards I needed RMA'd made a really subtle and creepy electrical whining sound. In fact, I think I'll record the sound of it and add it to my library for use in an upcoming project...
Yup, it's coil whine Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
http://i.imgur.com/OdEqGef.jpg

Somewhat related, one of the boards I needed RMA'd made a really subtle and creepy electrical whining sound. In fact, I think I'll record the sound of it and add it to my library for use in an upcoming project...
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

a) replace chip 1 with chip2, no fish, frustration level 1
b) replace chip 1 with chip3, no fish, frustration level 10
c) replace chip 1 with chip4, no fish!, scratch head, solder external power supply, frustration level 1000+
d) finally replace chip 1 with chip5, and the chip worked! 4 dead chips in a row, starting from chip1.

Activity: 183
Merit: 100
Not to pile on, but this seemed like the most appropriate thread. Is there any anticipated date when bare bitfury chips will be available again? Also if anyone is looking to sell any please pm me, I am looking for up to 50.
legendary
Hi Dave,

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

I received my RMA the other day.. thanks for that! I have a slight problem though. While waiting on the RMA request, I have found 3 more H cards that are likely bad.. they drop to 0 Gh shortly after starting the rigs.

They weren't acting up like this at first, but I feel like it wasn't my fault. I have had two box fans and two 120mm fans blowing air on them, and I also have an A/C that keeps the room under 74 degrees. I also have some electrical tape holding the cards in place, so I do not think the loss in Gh is due to them wiggling free from the fans either.

I was wondering if I would be allowed to RMA these cards as well? It would certainly be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ch

I had this problem and it was from card wobble.  Problem solved by jamming packing peanuts between cards at the end (be careful not to obstruct airflow).

Now I'm golden 24/7
Pages:
Jump to: