Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 78. (Read 576772 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
They can't drop their prices before they ship all preorders at the old higher price.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
I suppose there is some chance that all remaining inventory went to the 100Th/s Mine.  But my guess is that he and Punin are just zeroing-out their inventory for an upcoming price reduction.

I sure hope so. They have a good product, but the price isn't competitive any more.

I sure hope they lower the price too.  I have one rig of each version that I would like to fill up if the price is right... if they plan to continue to sell both versions.

you wont see low price maybe in Dec. holiday season.

Why do you say that?  The resell market has slowed way down.  You can buy ASICs on eBay for less than retail so that tells me that demand has plummeted.  And KNC will soon deliver their lower priced November batch which they are still taking orders for.  So that makes me think that MGP and BFSB would need to drop their prices to stay competitive.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I suppose there is some chance that all remaining inventory went to the 100Th/s Mine.  But my guess is that he and Punin are just zeroing-out their inventory for an upcoming price reduction.

I sure hope so. They have a good product, but the price isn't competitive any more.

I sure hope they lower the price too.  I have one rig of each version that I would like to fill up if the price is right... if they plan to continue to sell both versions.

you wont see low price maybe in Dec. holiday season.
Glow Stick Dance!

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I've just received a Bitfurystrikesback v2.3 M-board from Megabigpower.
Is there a link to an rPi image file and H-card installation instructions for this m-board? I'm only familiar with the v1 m-board MBP shipped in August.

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
To heat the room in winter? I guess you missed the just concluded Avalon mini auction Wink

On a related note, I moved a Redhash unit into my garage over the weekend now that it's officially getting colder, and it heats up the garage to a nice 77-79 degrees while it's in the low to mid 60's outside.
Activity: 317
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
The XFX 1250w psu is a phenomenal psu and you can check numerous sites that review it. It's based off a seasonic design and works great.

This will run easily 2 bitfury's and is a great price right now. Don't forget to add the 15% off code at checkout and fill out your rebate form.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207020&Tpk=xfx%201250
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Glow Stick Dance!
Ok,

Which one of you guys sucked up all the H-Cards?  Couple of days ago they were aplenty. Out of stock now. Maybe Dave is just doing some adjusting. There were also a couple full kits available, pre-order now only.  Guess we will see how it washes out.

All Hboards gone already for that price and btc gone up too.

There were 152 cards available, just a few hours back!!! OOS now.
Full rigs haves changed to pre-order Smiley.
Starter (8 were available)  kits are OOS.

One wild guess is that 100TH mine has scooped them up.

I suppose there is some chance that all remaining inventory went to the 100Th/s Mine.  But my guess is that he and Punin are just zeroing-out their inventory for an upcoming price reduction.  I can't imagine that they would want a bunch of outstanding orders if they are planning on reducing the price.  That might result in an angry mod, lol.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

Well shit. Already arrived via Amazon.com. I figured it was reasonable. Possibly just barely huh ?

Think a full rig would cook that TX 850 ? (Probably should have just went with an AX 1200 like my gut was telling me to; was trying to save a few $$$)

Great now I'm perplexed as to what makes sense to go with - for sure, I'm planning to OC my stuff and to buy an extra set of 120 mm Fans for the top area to circulate air, It seems like 700 should be all that I would need being that 400 GH only required 390 W 195+390 =~585W on an expected hashrate of 600 GH/S?  Maybe 620-640 could push it up to the 650 Watt range right?

So in Total - I'm using a spotswood case - Will be hooking up 6 just 4 120MM Fans, (4 on the sides to pull air away from the boards, and two on the top to push air onto the boards) and am also attaching Superglue lined heatsinks (act as an insulator) onto the voltage regulators using thermal paste.  

http://www.frys.com/product/6301571 was what I was planning on picking up before the package arrives

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Ultimate power supply, http://www.amazon.com/DELL-POWER-SUPPLY-1570W-REDUNDANT/dp/B0045JOXDW

I use them for everything, miners, heavy duty battery charger, custom sound system... even welded with one once.

Theres instructions to reduce the fan speed, and adjust the output voltage (not for miners) out there too.
legendary
Christian Antkow

Well shit. Already arrived via Amazon.com. I figured it was reasonable. Possibly just barely huh ?

Think a full rig would cook that TX 850 ? (Probably should have just went with an AX 1200 like my gut was telling me to; was trying to save a few $$$)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
FWIW, I picked up a Corsair TX 850 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MYFODS/) to power a full rig.

Hope it's enough !

To heat the room in winter? I guess you missed the just concluded Avalon mini auction Wink
Activity: 681
Merit: 500
I think the problem with paralleling multiple PSUs is not only if one is shut off. What if one is trying to regulate at 11.95v and the other at 12.05v? That's like shorting 0.1v. Maybe not disastrous, but probably not a good idea. It also would cause one PSU to supply most or all of the power for the shared load.
legendary
Christian Antkow
FWIW, I picked up a Corsair TX 850 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MYFODS/) to power a full rig.

Hope it's enough !
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
Guess That settles things  Angry Angry Angry I hate last minute shopping like this!

I think you better off get one psu if something short will fry Hboards with 2 psu and if one of them not shutdown keep going that bad burn.

I'm measuring 600w to the power supply with a rig running at this rate.  PLEASE use two seperate PCIe power cables to power your rig.  Check cables for warmth - lets be safe folks!  Be careful trying to plug too many rigs into a single power circuit - 15 amps on a 15 amp breaker is NOT ok Tongue

The cards are very strong and so far very consistent.  There are still some EOL's and a few noisy cards too.

I really hope you are all really happy with these hot rigs!

Cheers,
Dave

Okay so i bought a 460W PSU as the mbp website STILL recommends to do so. https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53   (was purchased at the end of September before this announcement was made)

Can I simply buy a 2nd 400W psu and have both sets of pcie cables connect into this miner or is that not recommended?   At this point I would rather pay 15 dollars more for a 2nd psu than to shell out 60 or more for the sake of being able to utilize one plug outlet and one PSU.  

not recommended. if you need to shut down the system, powering off 2 psus simultaneously can present issues, especially if 1 unit backfeeds into the other. Your 460w psu is too weak, and almost certianly does not provide the full 460w on the 12v line alone. (probably 60w or more on 5v and 5-15w on the 3v)

at 400GH, the unit can run on about 350w (approx), but the units shipping are effectively optimized more so that they will do 600GH.
Activity: 420
 I think you better off get one psu if something short will fry Hboards with 2 psu and if one of them not shutdown keep going that bad burn.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I'm measuring 600w to the power supply with a rig running at this rate.  PLEASE use two seperate PCIe power cables to power your rig.  Check cables for warmth - lets be safe folks!  Be careful trying to plug too many rigs into a single power circuit - 15 amps on a 15 amp breaker is NOT ok Tongue

The cards are very strong and so far very consistent.  There are still some EOL's and a few noisy cards too.

I really hope you are all really happy with these hot rigs!

Cheers,
Dave

Okay so i bought a 460W PSU as the mbp website STILL recommends to do so. https://megabigpower.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53   (was purchased at the end of September before this announcement was made)

Can I simply buy a 2nd 400W psu and have both sets of pcie cables connect into this miner or is that not recommended?   At this point I would rather pay 15 dollars more for a 2nd psu than to shell out 60 or more for the sake of being able to utilize one plug outlet and one PSU.  

not recommended. if you need to shut down the system, powering off 2 psus simultaneously can present issues, especially if 1 unit backfeeds into the other. Your 460w psu is too weak, and almost certianly does not provide the full 460w on the 12v line alone. (probably 60w or more on 5v and 5-15w on the 3v)

at 400GH, the unit can run on about 350w (approx), but the units shipping are effectively optimized more so that they will do 600GH.
Glow Stick Dance!
Dang, I was planning on buying another H board in a couple of days. Sad

Was waiting for updated november prices.

I was too. But, If I had those sitting in front of me with the rise in BTC/USD I am afraid I would have plugged them in and just mined with them. I am not saying Dave did this, but I would not blame him either. I'm just glad he dipped his toe in retail at all. MBP has been awesome to deal with from the very begining.

Dave has always been "retail".  I think he may have his own private mining venture but he has also been supplying ASIC gear to GHash.io and the 100-200Th/s Mine venture.  But I don't think he is directly involved with them other than selling equipment to them.
Pages:
Jump to: