Author

Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★ - page 286. (Read 825850 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
So what is so special about this coin that it gets a nice high volume pump? IPO, PoW... not that interesting.

ELI5? Wink

Good dev, good idea, good vision, good marketing, good launch, good communication, good delivery of goals, good supportive community, good possibilities, good future.
Good dev - how do you know this? For now we just have a clone of bitcoin with some sloppy copy-pasting. Example: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/search?q=bitcoin&ref=cmdform

Actually most of these are intentionally left. It's only UI facing stuff that needs to be changed. It means we can keep up to date with pulls without big merge headaches.
There are a couple of UI merges missed, but overall your search is misleading.
Activity: 568
Merit: 255
already answered earlier in the thread...had the same problem!

Download the qt, go to your electrum and get the private key for your address with coins

Import private key into qt and coins will be transferred Smiley

explained in full here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7917511
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
I gotta problem I was hoping someone could help me with. My password works when I want to open the wallet seed things but when I go to change my password it doesn't recognise it and when I wen I do a test send, after I tap in the password it says exceptions must be old style classes or derived from base exception not none type. When I go to change my password it also doesn't recognise my current one by the looks of it.
Don't get it why does the password work to open the seed phrase thing but not for the other. R my ipo coins jus stuck like that?  Help please Smiley

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Also, the dev had a strong reputation on the forum prior to starting the coin.
Yes, trading reputation. He is a trader, not a developer. What is the price of this reputation? 360k USD for a reputation - hmm, not bad.
Activity: 512
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
can somebody edify me why there is so much hash power involved while the block reward is zero? Huh
It is important to protect the coin from 51% attack before mining rewards kick in, some people realize that and keep mining.

thanks, maybe that's the point.
Look at the original thread.  The dev went to self moderated thread only after IPO.  Prior people were free to bring up anything worth noting.  He did it to limit the FUD, but felt it was necessary to keep it unmoderated while people were still deciding to invest coin or not.  Nothing to hide, and people can still bring up any issue in the original thread w/o worry of it being deleted.
Self-moderated thread is of a lesser concern, or probably not a concern at all. Things I wrote above are much more concerning, but for some reason you decided to ignore them  Huh
Activity: 443
Also, the dev had a strong reputation on the forum prior to starting the coin.
Activity: 443
Look at the original thread.  The dev went to self moderated thread only after IPO.  Prior people were free to bring up anything worth noting.  He did it to limit the FUD, but felt it was necessary to keep it unmoderated while people were still deciding to invest coin or not.  Nothing to hide, and people can still bring up any issue in the original thread w/o worry of it being deleted.
So what is so special about this coin that it gets a nice high volume pump? IPO, PoW... not that interesting.

ELI5? Wink

Good dev, good idea, good vision, good marketing, good launch, good communication, good delivery of goals, good supportive community, good possibilities, good future.
Good dev - how do you know this? For now we just have a clone of bitcoin with some sloppy copy-pasting. Example: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/search?q=bitcoin&ref=cmdform
Good idea, vision - maybe, but isn't this someone's else idea and even dev admitted that?
Good marketing - hell yeah, selling all premined coins in the IPO is good marketing
Good launch - 3 days of 0 reward mining...hm, is this really good?
Good communication - self-moderated thread
...... and so on
The biggest worry for me is that the dev has no incentives to do anything as he has already cached out. Why would he, even if he can, further develop this coin? He has no vested interest.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

ELI5? Wink

can somebody edify me why there is so much hash power involved while the block reward is zero? Huh
It is important to protect the coin from 51% attack before mining rewards kick in, some people realize that and keep mining.
Activity: 512
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
Activity: 168

ELI5? Wink
2-3 months ago people didn't want to touch coins with IPOs, now people are buying these massively IPOed coins like they are offering something new. What has changed?
IPO means no incentives for the dev to do anything as his eggs are in BTC, not his own coin. I though that was the logic in the past...
Activity: 261
Activity: 258
legendary
Activity: 1148
Coindesk article:

http://www.coindesk.com/things-alt-mintpal-fallout-viacoins-big-haul-altcoin-kids/

Viacoin presale raises 610 BTC

Viacoin

A new altcoin project attracted more than 600 BTC in a pre-sale prior to the launch of the block chain.

The eight-day presale of viacoin brought in just over 610 BTC, an amount worth more than $380,000. The round consisted of both large and small investors, as shown by a presale distribution list provided on the alt’s official Bitcoin Talk forum post. Notably, the document shows that one investor purchased 75 BTC worth of the alt.

Viacoin is being developed in conjunction with another initiative called ClearingHouse, a decentralized protocol that will be built using Counterparty as a basis for development. Developer BTCDrak said on the official viacoin blog that services for viacoin will be the focus until ClearingHouse is released, which will also include its own internal currency.

BTCDrak told CoinDesk that he was surprised by the outcome, saying that he hoped to generate about 150 BTC during the presale. However, he cited enthusiasm from multiple sectors of the crypto community – as well as the body of investors who work in altcoins – as key to the successful presale.

He added:

“It’s pretty surreal.”
legendary
could any please help, Im having trouble sending my coins from my electrum wallet....

I keep getting a error message "exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not NoneType"

tried both on windows and linux computers but same issue

Try this: http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/07/18/wallet-woes.html
legendary
VIA market is now open on Atomic Trade

Do you guys have a media kit? I couldnt find a logo to add to the ANN
Activity: 132
Want to mine VIA and need more hash? Why not rent what you need? Get rigs now while the price is low!
Scrypt Mining Rigs Available!

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/

• Failover support. Set your pre-launch pool as pool 1 and a backup pool on pool 2. Once the coin launches on your pre-launch pool, instantly begin mining!
  • Save pools in your favorite pools list, switch to them using the website (works great for rig owners and renters!)
  • Deposit BTC and instantly rent, no waiting for "exact" amounts to confirm
  • Hashrate graphs let you see how a rig performs !
  • More Admins means faster service and support
  • Low fees in the rental business
  • Quickrental avaible
Jump to: